zdooku or Zavage under ZZihilus lead?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    I was very interested in building a strong zNihilus lead team but if so much doesn't even work and then you still drop out of the top 10 then why bother? I can currently reach #1 for payout (we rotate the top spots). I would hate to dump a ton of resources just to find that zNihilus Lead is yet another good team on offense but yet another garbage team on defense that anyone can plow through. Ugh.

So I am guessing that Rebels, Jedi, Empire, Zaul, Rex teams can all win against this when they are on offense?

I run nihilus, SA, dooku, palp, and Gk no zetas on anyone and I rarely drop out of top 10 on a December 2015 shard.
  • Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Dang....I was reading zNihilus Lead ability as "immune to 'negative' Healing effects that aren't Health Steal (as applied by the enemy).....

Soooo.....
    Zavage healing doesn't work under zNihilus Lead?
    Zid healing doesn't work under zNihilus Lead?
    Zooku recover 10% protection (and would be converted to health under zNihilus lead) doesn't work?

This is crazy that nothing seems to work. Is what I typed here all true?

Nihilus leader ability makes all Sith immune to healing effects that are NOT health steal. Dooku Zeta says restores 10% protection. Nihilus converts protection to health at the beginning of battle, it does not convert protection gain into health gain. That and it's not health steal, so even if it were converted, it wouldn't affect Dooku because it would be considered a healing effect.

The bonus of using Nihilus is that characters are hitting harder every attack and will not trigger Rex lead TM gain, bonus healing from zBarriss, nor will they trigger GK taunts, Biggs TM gain, or zMaul stealth from critical strikes. There are many added benefits that help with current meta squads when running a Nihilus lead. It's actually quite difficult to defeat a Nihilus lead with a Rex lead without superior mods.
  • Options
    Savage cleanses sith without a zeta
  • Options
    I'd run both , here's some videos of my current arena squad taking down other meta teams

https://youtu.be/_M5fv9gDXwU
    https://youtu.be/H1cCxvoJwq0
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @SirLoki nice videos!!
    My Dooku still not geared yet, who could I change for him, have Vader, Maul or sidious?
  • Options
    SirLoki wrote: »
    I'd run both , here's some videos of my current arena squad taking down other meta teams

https://youtu.be/_M5fv9gDXwU
    https://youtu.be/H1cCxvoJwq0

Sir Loki is the darth nihlus godfather. Keep up the vids dude!
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @SirLoki nice videos!!
    My Dooku still not geared yet, who could I change for him, have Vader, Maul or sidious?

I'd try maul under nihilus lead here's a video of him . I actually like him a lot and he has health steal from the start which is nice.

https://youtu.be/QPypzAu0pkU
  • Options
    Sweet videos. I've been thinking of a zaul, nihilus, zavage, zylo, sa.
  • Options
    @SirLoki nice video what sort of speed do you have on those character, and the mods you should should aim for?

Guessing offence with speed secondary are ideal!
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Genghus wrote: »
    @SirLoki nice video what sort of speed do you have on those character, and the mods you should should aim for?

I'm buddies w sir Loki, go for speed with protection primary and speed secondary. His speed is disgusting btw
  • Options
    Thanks for the videos and advice. :)
    I wish we could see some of the former that don't include either GK or Chirrut/Baze. :/
  • Options

Thanks! In the video with maul under nihilus lead , I recall having nihilus and dooku modded with speed sets and protection primaries , dooku I put a potency primary cross, dooku was 280 speed or so and nihilus 220 speed . Maul the same as dooku tried to get his speed to 190 or so . GK all health set with protection primaries and Sith trooper I modded with defense secondaries trying to get his armor up to 46% so he can take all the hits.

• Options
    Mazurka wrote: »

I'm buddies w sir Loki, go for speed with protection primary and speed secondary. His speed is disgusting btw

Thanks bro! @mazurka super fun theory crafting with you too plus you helped me and my guild take down the HAAT many moons ago I'll never forget that.
  • Options
    Thank you both for the information, great help and off to farm speed mods and finish trooper
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm very impressed with nihilus lead, didn't thought it could be so good!! Not giving tm to Rex squad when attacking is great, it's a good counter. When facing maul team, i change kylo for vader and wreck it.

On other hand, have real trouble against vader squad, his tm reduction and dots kills my strategy.

Screenshot_20170423-022624.png