Veers update incoming... What else?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    War wrote: »
    Rework veers with an anti-stealth aoe. I'd go for that

Aren't all AoE's anti stealth? Unless you mean dispelling stealth, but we have DT for that.

I'm assuming something like what Zam has. An unavoidable evasion down + buff immunity would be really good right now.
  • AnUnusedName
    56 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Tarkin needs a rework

As a longtime Empire purist, I respectfully disagree. Used Tarkin to stay in top 10 of my arena shard for a LONG time. Solid rebel counter. High potency. With Palp lead, Tarkin drops all his debuffs (including TM reduction) in two immediately consecutive turns and then start churning out decent basic damage. His time is over now that rebels are less frequent, but he is certainly underrated NOT underpowered. Also, AOE offense down on the Tank raid is still excellent.

Veers is a different story. Glad the rework is incoming.
  • Options
    Gonna be needing that zarkin
  • Options
    I unfortunately don't see older empire toons getting much. It would be great for sure. I see more empire toons added especially with Phoenix just being added. I'll gladly take another empire ship as well. Tie bomber?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    Any ideas what the droid might be? A lot of people were suggesting R2D2 but that doesn't make a lot of sense when the Empire is on remix? Perhaps it's a Viper Probe Droid (aka Imperial Probe Droid)? That would be kinda cool.

May the 4th is my best bet and r2 sounds like a great toon to release that day

• Options
    Maybe a buff on snowtrooper?
  • Options
    War wrote: »
    Rework veers with an anti-stealth aoe. I'd go for that

Aren't all AoE's anti stealth? Unless you mean dispelling stealth, but we have DT for that.

Yes I meant dispelling stealth.
  • Options
    I'd also go with a leadership ability that allows all ally's to ignore taunt. It would cause chaos and huge forum backlash but would be fun lol
  • Options
    I think they should go by groups. Do empire characters now, then seperatist, geonosian, nightsisters, clones etc... Better then spotty updates here and there imho.

Best way to make money, no? Bring out a couple of new X faction toons -> update others from same faction -> profit!
  • Options
    If they truly are crafting a full rework of Veers, then it's entirely feasible that they could eliminate his leader ability entirely (it's absolutely redundant in light of Vader's) and replace it with a second unique. If they buff his Basic and his AOE, give him a Zeta on his existing Unique, and maybe give him another Special, he'll be a genuinely viable character. Particularly if he receives a synergy with somebody else, like (hopefully also reworked and buffed) Snowtrooper.
  • Options
    The two fan favorite characters to be released are not necessarily going to happen at the same time as the Empire faction pass. In fact, I think the DEVs might have even said at one point that the two characters aren't even coming at the same time as each other and will be gotten in very different ways. I think R2-D2 is the most likely. That being said, one of the DEVs did say that at some point we might well be getting Astra's two droids from the Darth Vader comics. They really want to get those in the game, and it sounded like a fairly good chance of happening relatively soon.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    The two fan favorite characters to be released are not necessarily going to happen at the same time as the Empire faction pass. In fact, I think the DEVs might have even said at one point that the two characters aren't even coming at the same time as each other and will be gotten in very different ways. I think R2-D2 is the most likely. That being said, one of the DEVs did say that at some point we might well be getting Astra's two droids from the Darth Vader comics. They really want to get those in the game, and it sounded like a fairly good chance of happening relatively soon.

They changed fan favorite, to iconic at some point. Probably because fan favorite can range from Luke, to Revan, to even General Veers. I also believe the two iconic characters, and second Empire update, are separate entities. So we might end up with a number of new characters coming up. From more Rebels Empire toons like Thrawn, to the two iconic characters in May/June.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Wait, there was an actual hint about Veers? I didn't see that. I thought people were just assuming Veers was the most deserving of a rework among the Empire characters that need a rework, so they figured he'd be part of it. Nothing in the DEV post actually hinted specifically at him, did it?

They said, "The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass." The use of the word "veering" is where everyone is drawing conclusions, because that's not a very commonly used word.

I still say they purposely used that word as misdirection so you don't know its thrwan or something
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    Wait, there was an actual hint about Veers? I didn't see that. I thought people were just assuming Veers was the most deserving of a rework among the Empire characters that need a rework, so they figured he'd be part of it. Nothing in the DEV post actually hinted specifically at him, did it?

They said, "The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass." The use of the word "veering" is where everyone is drawing conclusions, because that's not a very commonly used word.

I still say they purposely used that word as misdirection so you don't know its thrwan or something

That'd be a mean move of them. They know there's a handful of us that want a General Veers rework, and Kozi commented on a thread pointing out the wording of it, it'd be a real low blow to pull something like that.
  • Options
    I'm hoping that the Executrix gets a bit of a buff and that the Imperial Assault special will no longer be able to be buffed and does proper damage like it should. Deals physical damage 12 times to random enemy ships...except sometimes the damage dealt is less than a normal attack by a single ship (when it's not completely dodged). I've seen a single ship survive it with barely a scratch far too many times, compared to Mace being able to make a whole squad invincible guaranteed
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that the Executrix gets a bit of a buff and that the Imperial Assault special will no longer be able to be buffed and does proper damage like it should. Deals physical damage 12 times to random enemy ships...except sometimes the damage dealt is less than a normal attack by a single ship (when it's not completely dodged). I've seen a single ship survive it with barely a scratch far too many times, compared to Mace being able to make a whole squad invincible guaranteed

I really feel they should make the attack unavoidable. The concept of a move you have to wait 5 turns to use, can simply be dodged, is ridiculous.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    What level is your Executrix? That has everything to do with the dodge dynamic.
  • Options
    Juex777 wrote: »

Mine's level 77 4* with Tarkin 6* level 74 gear 8, not the best but could be worse. Point stands though, compared to the other capital ships (especially Mace), that the attack can simply be dodged (and does that means a ship has dodged 12 seperate attacks in a row?) just makes it weak
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »

How does level play into the dodge chance? I've got a maxed Executrix by the way, I main an Empire fleet. Well not exactly Empire, too few Empire ships for that claim at the moment.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder why everyone is talking about Veers and completely ignoring the second character tease...

WHAT’S AHEAD:
    - The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass
    - Beep beep, boop, beeeeep

Would the Devs release R2D2 during an Empire rework, or might this be a different droid? R2D2, an Imperial Viper Probe Droid, and Ashoka's droids from a Darth Vader comic (Is that even cannon?) have been the only suggestions as to what this might be. Are there any other suggestions as to what this could mean?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder why everyone is talking about Veers and completely ignoring the second character tease...

WHAT’S AHEAD:

Would the Devs release R2D2 during an Empire rework, or might this be a different droid? R2D2, an Imperial Viper Probe Droid, and Ashoka's droids from a Darth Vader comic (Is that even cannon?) have been the only suggestions as to what this might be. Are there any other suggestions as to what this could mean?

I see them as two completely different things. Veers and other empire characters get a rework and R2D2 coming later,
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Veers was my first g11. He is my second powerful toon, core of my Empire arena team. His basic can hit 12-18k, but his aoe is terrible. He's always been one of my favorite characters in the saga, so I really hope they give him a decent and much-deserved rework. And a Snowtrooper synergy would be so freaking cool.
    #ShowSomeLoveForVeers
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    Ahsoka isn't in any Darth Vader comics, and the droids aren't hers but Dr. Aphra's, and yes the Darth Vader comics are canon. Dr. Aphra's droids are probably coming at some point, according to a DEV interview, so that's possible, but I think this is R2-D2 and separate from the Empire pass. I suspect BT and 000 are coming on another occasion, because they aren't Empire either.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Ahsoka isn't in any Darth Vader comics, and the droids aren't hers but Dr. Aphra's, and yes the Darth Vader comics are canon. Dr. Aphra's droids are probably coming at some point, according to a DEV interview, so that's possible, but I think this is R2-D2 and separate from the Empire pass. I suspect BT and 000 are coming on another occasion, because they aren't Empire either.

How could they not be Empire? They serve under Darth Vader.
  • Options
    I think many people are going all in on the R2D2 and Luke thing. They said fan favorite. That could also include anyone from Wicket, Padme, R2D2, Luke, etc.
  • Options

WHAT’S AHEAD:
    If it's not Veers, I'd totally LOL if it turned out we're getting the Probe Droid from Empire as a Toon.

When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Could be V from V for Vendetta. "No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'll no longer be standing, because if I am you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."

Veers and Snow trooper synergy would rock. I have Veers at something looking like half decent, so that would rock. And the Bronziums have supplied me endless shards for Snow trooper, LOL.

Tarkin needs a lot of love. I'm sure that many of us have pumped him up for his ship, if only to be able to three star the ship challenge for Zeta's. But that leaves a lot of people with a nearly useless Tarkin. Really I'd like to see his Ship ability carry over - A cool down of 12 - every critcal by an empire toon reduces it by 1, when it hits, it's some smashing Aoe on a death star level, maybe Raid power level - toons with out a buff take obscene damage.

IDK. R1 Rebels always die when it's used, clearly.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Could be V from V for Vendetta. "No, what you have are bullets, and the hope that when your guns are empty I'll no longer be standing, because if I am you'll all be dead before you've reloaded."

Veers and Snow trooper synergy would rock. I have Veers at something looking like half decent, so that would rock. And the Bronziums have supplied me endless shards for Snow trooper, LOL.

Tarkin needs a lot of love. I'm sure that many of us have pumped him up for his ship, if only to be able to three star the ship challenge for Zeta's. But that leaves a lot of people with a nearly useless Tarkin. Really I'd like to see his Ship ability carry over - A cool down of 12 - every critcal by an empire toon reduces it by 1, when it hits, it's some smashing Aoe on a death star level, maybe Raid power level - toons with out a buff take obscene damage.

Call it "Single Reactor Ignition" and make it do 99,999 damage all enemeis with a specific kind of debuff.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Call it "Single Reactor Ignition" and make it do 99,999 damage all enemeis with a specific kind of debuff.

Each trooper can put a 'target' on an enemy. Every time a targeted enemy attacks (including counter attacks) reduces the cooldown by 1. When used, 'Single Reactor Ignition' deals 99, 999 damage to each targeted character. (If Target is removed from an R1 character, Tarkin immediately re-targets that character.)

Kinda complicated, kinda Darth Nihilish, kinda specific. Only Troopers can put the target on an enemy would mean you'd probably really want 2-3 to go with Tarkin if not a full 4.

Want.
    EYjLYuz.gif?noredirect
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Each trooper can put a 'target' on an enemy. Every time a targeted enemy attacks (including counter attacks) reduces the cooldown by 1. When used, 'Single Reactor Ignition' deals 99, 999 damage to each targeted character. (If Target is removed from an R1 character, Tarkin immediately re-targets that character.)

Kinda complicated, kinda Darth Nihilish, kinda specific. Only Troopers can put the target on an enemy would mean you'd probably really want 2-3 to go with Tarkin if not a full 4.

Want.
    EYjLYuz.gif?noredirect

I like it! An interesting mechanic for sure! They can just take the target lock debuff from Ships. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!