Veers update incoming... What else?

Prev1
RAYRAY
2761 posts Member
From the 4/11 update we got a veiled hint that the empire was going to get a second pass, including Veers. I wonder what else is coming with that? I am going to speculate that the troopers are going to get a second look. Snow, Magma, etc. Maybe even RG getting synergy with Palp to bring his lead back into the meta. What else is coming? Maybe more ships?
☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    i'm very curious why they decided that Veers was a priority. Considering the amount of pretty diverse Empire leaders there already are, Emperor, Vader, Krennic, and soon Gar. That seems more than enough already. Seems at least equal or higher than the amount of viable leaders of other factions...

so i'm really hoping maybe it's more what Veers represents, which are the older empire toons. Would love to see some mechanic added that'll get us all to chase stormtrooper. that'd be interesting.
  • Options
    Magma Trooper maxed out is actually sneaky good, great choice for a Zader rancor. Poke around YouTube if it piques your interest. But idk if they'd tweak him.

Could see Veers/Snowtrooper synergy. We'd need a cool name for it though lol. Idk if they'd wanna do Palp/RG synergy because even though it makes sense it may make them a tad too good.

A lot of people are suggesting the possibility of a tarkin Zeta lead which could be good. Empire could use the speed and he had the same base leader ability as QGJ did so it could be effective.

Last thing I could see is the regular stormtrooper getting a rework and possibly synergy with someone (Vader? Idk).

Or they could just go full power creep and add Vader EP synergy who knows
  • Options
    Veers'. Abilities. Are. Broken. rework asap plz.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Weltall wrote: »
    Veers'. Abilities. Are. Broken. rework asap plz.
    giphy.gif

The man told Vader to land before he even finished his mission. He called his shot and he took it. That alone earns him an OP zeta in my opinion.
  • Options
    Wait, there was an actual hint about Veers? I didn't see that. I thought people were just assuming Veers was the most deserving of a rework among the Empire characters that need a rework, so they figured he'd be part of it. Nothing in the DEV post actually hinted specifically at him, did it?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    Wait, there was an actual hint about Veers? I didn't see that. I thought people were just assuming Veers was the most deserving of a rework among the Empire characters that need a rework, so they figured he'd be part of it. Nothing in the DEV post actually hinted specifically at him, did it?

They said, "The Empire goes on the offensive, veering their forces for second pass." The use of the word "veering" is where everyone is drawing conclusions, because that's not a very commonly used word.
  • Options
    If they give Snowtrooper and Veers synergy my vote goes to calling them Sneers.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Any ideas what the droid might be? A lot of people were suggesting R2D2 but that doesn't make a lot of sense when the Empire is on remix? Perhaps it's a Viper Probe Droid (aka Imperial Probe Droid)? That would be kinda cool.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »
    i'm very curious why they decided that Veers was a priority

I think they're looking forward to the next big game mode already: Land vehicles. There have been a lot of little things pointing at them making it so we can have our own AT-ATs. (Early question was: why do we have Admirals and Moffs? Now I wonder: Why do we have Generals?) A big step in that direction is going to be reworking the generals to make sure people have them in their rosters.
    That seems more than enough already. Seems at least equal or higher than the amount of viable leaders of other factions...

There are a huge amount of rebels ... which kind of makes sense given that most things Star Wars revolve around rebels v empire. So ... kinda makes sense that there should also be a huge amount of empire toons.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Ha, I can get behind this.
    Spyda wrote: »
    Any ideas what the droid might be? A lot of people were suggesting R2D2 but that doesn't make a lot of sense when the Empire is on remix? Perhaps it's a Viper Probe Droid (aka Imperial Probe Droid)? That would be kinda cool.

I don't think viper droids say beep boop
    Post edited by Aero on
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    sure but for rebels i could only maybe 3 viable leaders. AA, Lando (back in the days) and Jyn. even that is being pretty generous.

you can only use one leader per team, so i'm surprised they'd want to work on another empire character who most likely will remain a leader.
  • Options
    Hopefully it's not just slapping a zeta on Veers. A lot of Empire characters need a rework like the sith faction pass from earlier this year (or was it December?)
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    sure but for rebels i could only maybe 3 viable leaders. AA, Lando (back in the days) and Jyn. even that is being pretty generous.

you can only use one leader per team, so i'm surprised they'd want to work on another empire character who most likely will remain a leader.

What about Wedge or Hera for Phoenix?
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    actually you're right, i'd say viable Rebel leads right now are Hera for phoenix, Wedge and Jyn. both AA and Lando leads i have not seen in a long time in my shard.

i'm not saying Empire has too many leaders. I'm just saying Empire has enough, about 3 or 4 viable leads. so do Rebels, and Jedi to some extent (i'd count zQGJ, FK and Aayla for HAAT).

usually with a rework, we'd hope Veers will also become a viable lead in some aspect of the game. Personally i'm all for more empire toons, but I'd have preferred reworking some other faction entirely like maybe separatists or republic. 'cause there's no shortage of toons with the Empire tag on teams right now. They're not at hte very top but plenty of empire variety still.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    actually you're right, i'd say viable Rebel leads right now are Hera for phoenix, Wedge and Jyn. both AA and Lando leads i have not seen in a long time in my shard.

i'm not saying Empire has too many leaders. I'm just saying Empire has enough, about 3 or 4 viable leads. so do Rebels, and Jedi to some extent (i'd count zQGJ, FK and Aayla for HAAT).

usually with a rework, we'd hope Veers will also become a viable lead in some aspect of the game. Personally i'm all for more empire toons, but I'd have preferred reworking some other faction entirely like maybe separatists or republic. 'cause there's no shortage of toons with the Empire tag on teams right now. They're not at hte very top but plenty of empire variety still.

I think Veers and Tarkin need to be viable leaders but I would prefer them to lift up some of the underperformers is some creative way too. Like maybe Veers is only a good leader with Empire Troopers like Snow, Storm, Death, Shore. Tarkin can be a speed leader for all of Empire. Plus we have Gar Saxon coming that may end up being viable as a leader for Empire too in some aspects of the game. So I think we agree that Empire has enough leaders. Maybe Veers's doesn't get a reworked leader but a synergy like others have mentioned with Snowtrooper. Then maybe Magma gains 25% offense for each Empire trooper ally (Snow, storm, Shore, Death). Things like that are what I think they should do. We will find out soon enough.

I do think that RG+Palp needs to happen too. Palp is just too squishy when not lead. Maybe RG gains a 50% counter chance when Palp is present and palp cannot be crit when RG is above 50% health.
  • Options
    Veers is just ripe for a re-work, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up looking a lot like Darth Sidious after the Sith faction pass.

- His basic will get a little love. Maybe a small damage bump and increasing the Speed Up chance to 70%, to bring it more in line with newer heroes.
    - His AoE Special will get a little more love. Probably upping the chance to Ability Block, possibly some other effect? Something positive for Empire allies?
    - His leader ability will probably stay the same in how it feels (i.e. it will stay oriented towards Offense), but will probably get quite a bit of love to make it more diverse, especially given that other Leader abilities offer that much Offense as a secondary or tertiary benefit to the leader ability.
    - His Unique will get a Zeta upgrade. It's only level 7, which just makes it the ripe, obvious choice. Turn Meter chance will likely bump up to 100%, but outside of that I don't really have any guesses. He could use some survivability, it would be cool to see him grant some boosts to other Imps, or he could offer some sort of anti-Evasion synergy. I really don't know, but Zetas on Uniques always churn out some interesting effects, which is part of the reason why I'm most excited to see what happens with him.

And there you have it...an Imp version of Darth Sidious, for the most part.

As far as the other Imps who should get some love, its a short list. No reasonable argument can be made for Vader, Deathtrooper, Krennic, Palpatine, Saxon, Commando, Royal Guard, Shoretrooper or TIE Fighter Pilot needing a ton of attention. They're all either in a good place already, have been re-worked already, or are too new. This really only leaves Veers, Tarkin, Magmatrooper, Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper to get fully re-worked, which should be an interesting little faction pass.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw 3 or 4 Zetas introduced, kinda like the First Order's pass. I guess the way I see it, this is their opportunity to bring the Imp faction more in line with Rebels as far as viability, popularity, etc. They're the 3rd biggest faction in the game, but aside from a few plug-and-play heroes like Palpatine, they have virtually no presence in Arena or Raids. Time to change that!
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    I don't think viper droids say beep boop
    Any other suggestions as to what droid might be coming then? I laughed a little, but what if it were one of those really small SUV looking droids that are always zipping around the empire's floors. They making boop beeping noises kinda. =)

I was suggesting a Viper Probe droid because it's what discovered the rebel base on Hoth which led to the AT-AT invasion that Veers commanded. That kind of signifies a connection between the two (at least a stronger one then veers with any other droid that I'm aware of). If it's going to be an imperial droid, the Viper Probe is also one of the most iconic (unless they include an imperial version of K-2SO or Chopper, which they're not likely to do).

YouTube Reference: Imperial Probe Droid sound effects

I'm not sure how you'd verbalize that other then beeps and boops?
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    @HaronKhast

totally agree with your assessment. would love to see love for those original empire toons. but i'm prepared to be underwhelmed considering the hint only talks about Veers and empire already has a bunch of pretty good toons

yet secretly hoping for a grounds up rework for all those iconic soldiers. knock on wood
  • Options
    @M_L I don't think you need to brace yourself for disappointment too much. They've been killing it with these Faction Passes all year. Resistance was a little underwhelming, but for the most part once a faction gets one, they have plenty of new and interesting tools to work with. Plus, IIRC, when the "veering" joke was make, Kozi was getting a little cheeky with other folks who were trying to incorporate other wordplay into it. Maybe its a stretch, but it certainly gave me the impression that Empire would be getting a full pass (or close to it), rather than just a single hero re-work.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    @HaronKhast haha, i'll be happy when i'm wrong. tho to be honest, i don't have any of those older empire toons geared at all. so if their rework turns out to be great it'd just be another distraction.

i'm still working on resistance just for that speed mod challenge.
  • Options
    Remember not everyone with a leader ability has to be a leader to be viable. So it's not an issue of making them viable leaders, just making them viable at all. Which Veers and tarkin are not.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly think that they'll do synergies and rework with all of it. Veers is kind of public face of the Empire Pass but I'll imagine it like :
    Veers have synergies with Snowtrooper (assault on Hoth) and Tarkin with TFP.
    Snowtrooper and Veers get stronger as ennemies are dying and Tarkin and TFP will be faster and assure debuffs before ennemies have their turns. Against Rebels all of them are very effective.
    Tarkin should keep his Leadership ability and gain a Zeta : +7 speed (35 in total), all allies gain 3 times their speed in potency. If a target enemy is debuffed, allies gain 20% TM at the end of their turn.

Veers should get his Leadership became a Unique applying to Snowtrooper and himself : buffed ennemies suffer buff immunity if they are critically hit, rebels suffer two time damages by any empire units and get debuffed when an empire ally use an AoE.

And to answer your question "What else ?", Georges would say "Nespresso !". That's all for me ;)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Veers is, above all, a ground assault commander. And they mentioned a new game mode... Ground battles incoming? (Probably not, but since we are all wildly speculating here...)
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options

Solid nomination. also

Veeper
    Voopet
    Vesnow
    Snoweers
    Snoteers
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Asic wrote: »

Solid nomination. also

Veeper
    Voopet
    Vesnow
    Snoweers
    Snoteers

Sneers still wins, here's why:
    1. Combos are OP
    2. People get mad at them
    3. They get more mad when people say "git gud"
    4. They say those people sneer at them
    5. The game Sneers at you when you lose
    6. Sneersing is the new thing.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    HaronKhast wrote: »
    Veers is just ripe for a re-work, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up looking a lot like Darth Sidious after the Sith faction pass.

- His basic will get a little love. Maybe a small damage bump and increasing the Speed Up chance to 70%, to bring it more in line with newer heroes.
    - His AoE Special will get a little more love. Probably upping the chance to Ability Block, possibly some other effect? Something positive for Empire allies?
    - His leader ability will probably stay the same in how it feels (i.e. it will stay oriented towards Offense), but will probably get quite a bit of love to make it more diverse, especially given that other Leader abilities offer that much Offense as a secondary or tertiary benefit to the leader ability.
    - His Unique will get a Zeta upgrade. It's only level 7, which just makes it the ripe, obvious choice. Turn Meter chance will likely bump up to 100%, but outside of that I don't really have any guesses. He could use some survivability, it would be cool to see him grant some boosts to other Imps, or he could offer some sort of anti-Evasion synergy. I really don't know, but Zetas on Uniques always churn out some interesting effects, which is part of the reason why I'm most excited to see what happens with him.

And there you have it...an Imp version of Darth Sidious, for the most part.

As far as the other Imps who should get some love, its a short list. No reasonable argument can be made for Vader, Deathtrooper, Krennic, Palpatine, Saxon, Commando, Royal Guard, Shoretrooper or TIE Fighter Pilot needing a ton of attention. They're all either in a good place already, have been re-worked already, or are too new. This really only leaves Veers, Tarkin, Magmatrooper, Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper to get fully re-worked, which should be an interesting little faction pass.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw 3 or 4 Zetas introduced, kinda like the First Order's pass. I guess the way I see it, this is their opportunity to bring the Imp faction more in line with Rebels as far as viability, popularity, etc. They're the 3rd biggest faction in the game, but aside from a few plug-and-play heroes like Palpatine, they have virtually no presence in Arena or Raids. Time to change that!

I don't say the empire has more than "a few plug and play heroes"--shoretrooper, royal guard, tie pilot, Vader are all widely used in top arena teams and strong raid squads. Then you deathtrooper and krennic, who although not widely used are pretty underrated. They pretty much have the second most numbers of viable characters in the game, behind rebels.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing much happening for Vader, TFP, Krennic, or DT, but expecting a fair amount of attention for the others. EP's only getting zeta's though, I'm not saying they'll buff him, but now's the time for his zeta upgrades.

RG and SHT will probably get a little bit of attention. With Baze covering both their roles, and much more on one toon, I don't see them ignoring SHT and RG because they're still good. Blame Baze for their buffs if you have to.

Snowtrooper, Magmatrooper, and Tarkin are in the buff category, while Stormtrooper and Veers should be getting full reworks.
  • Options
    Rework veers with an anti-stealth aoe. I'd go for that
  • Options
    Tarkin needs a rework
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Rework veers with an anti-stealth aoe. I'd go for that

Aren't all AoE's anti stealth? Unless you mean dispelling stealth, but we have DT for that.