How terrible is tarkin's ship?

Prev1
zhtd17
948 posts Member
edited April 2017
Hello guys, I'm using home one 4* in arena, my stronger ships are: slave1, ITF, scimitar and wiggs ships. I'm running empire team in arena, so my light side pilots are weak (g7 and g8) .
I can't complete tier 4 of AA challenge, so was thinking in using tarkin's but I don't want to waste resources upgrading Tarkin and his ship if the executrix is weak.
So what to do, upgrade Tarkin or the light side pilots?
Btw I'm top 20 in fleet.
Any help is appreciated
Post edited by zhtd17 on

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    There aren't enough farmable empire ships to make him viable yet
  • Options
    It's horrible.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    Ok so that's it, I'll stick with home one.
    Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Tarkin keeps me in top 100 in Ship Arena, good enough for me.
    Ackbar and Mace's capital ships just seem cheezy, I won't use them.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Very underrated but you need the right team to run it. The best offensive potential out of the 3
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin keeps me in top 100 in Ship Arena, good enough for me.
    Ackbar and Mace's capital ships just seem cheezy, I won't use them.
    Rakim wrote: »
    Very underrated but you need the right team to run it. The best offensive potential out of the 3

What ships do you recommend ?
  • Options
    Nothing special about my line-up.
    Biggs, Sun Fac, Ahsoka, TFP, Wedge, Boba, Consular, Maul
  • Options
    I run mace, ahsoka, jc, clone sgt, tfp, slave 1, scimitar, biggs, wedge.
    Take first daily and fall to 4-8 usually
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    I run Biggs, TIE advanced, FoTF, Imperial TIE, Fives, with boba, consular, and sun fac in reinforcements. I get first most days. Just try target locking all the enemies then blasting them with Fives special then bring in boba to do the same if necessary
  • Options
    No one in my top 20 uses Tarkin's ship. Currently there 15 Ackbars and 5 Mace Windu's in my top 20 with 3 Maces in the top 5.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    It's horrible.

Is super horrible. Tarkin is the worst ship of the world
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Terrible yet I keep farming and farming for him and his ship.. I wonder if I'm just in-denial that the only empire ship is just garbage. Hmmm
  • Options
    If you want to try and get zeta drops from the challenge you will need him.. I got 3 on my first 2 rounds... I doubt that rate comes anywhere close but still it saves me 2000 fleet credits each
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Ah man y'all are funny. I hold top 10 on defense and easily get first with a tarkin line up. He's easily the best with the right lineup
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    What are you using then?
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    imperial tie
    First order tie
    Slave 1
    Sun fac
    Biggs

Scimitar
    Ahsoka
    Poe
  • Options
    His ship is bugged, so the big special attack on cooldown doesn't work properly. Fixing that would go a long way.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    His ship is bugged, so the big special attack on cooldown doesn't work properly. Fixing that would go a long way.

The only thing that really seems off to me is that it can be dodged. Otherwise it's fine, can wipe 4 people from the board easy
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    Yea no slave or imperial tie.. I run scimitar rens ship wiggs tfp gs and fives I have a hard time against aa and mace when I run it. But I'm still farming it like crazy
  • Options
    Tarkin Ship is great at max stats and abilities maxed out. Until then, he lacks the survivability of the other two ships which provide protection up and damage immunity. Once you have Tarkin and his Ship completely maxed with Ties in your lineup, there is no better Admiral ship in my opinion. Does massive damage and gains a lot of TM from Ties.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options
    I will keep farming away then huge empire fan so even know I don't use it still farming like crazy
  • Options
    You have to max him and then hes pretty good. There's 3 in my top 20
  • Options
    I run a lv85 Executrix. Top 5 in fleet arena. Fall anywhere to 15-20 overnight. There's one other guy on my shard who runs one and he also gets top 5 at his payout.
  • Options
    Tarkin is actually one the best ships when fully maxed. Make sure your Tarkin is fully geared and omegaed, all 5* mods.
    Run Vader, FOTP, TFP, JC, & Biggs with 5s, BF, & Rex in reserves.
    Rarely drop out of top 10 in 24hrs against maxed Mace & AA teams, usually stay in top 3.
    2chlykp.png
  • LaptopHobo
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I've got on my Zeta farm with gear 1 lv 36 tarkin, executrix lv 1.

I run AA: biggs, ahsoka, Jc, Rex, 5;
    Scimitar, boba, wedge.
  • Options
    My tarkin is only gear x but i use his ship since the beginning

Biggs, FO TIE, Vader, TIE, U-wing (hidden gem)
    and Ashoka, Maul, Boba, Overall only around 150k Power but i can beat even whales with 170+k fleets and fight for top5 every Day.

Tarkin is clearly underrated! Every avaible (no megapack...) new empire ship will make him stronger.
  • Options
    Mazurka wrote: »

The only thing that really seems off to me is that it can be dodged. Otherwise it's fine, can wipe 4 people from the board easy

It randomly sends X attacks (is it 12? I forget) to 5 different spots. If there is no ship there you simply lose that damage right now. So you won't get extra damage to each ship if there are less than 5 ships out right now.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Mazurka wrote: »

It randomly sends X attacks (is it 12? I forget) to 5 different spots. If there is no ship there you simply lose that damage right now. So you won't get extra damage to each ship if there are less than 5 ships out right now.

Ah I never noticed. Not really a big deal, that move hits like a deathstar as is.
  • Me2
    123 posts Member
    Options
    In my experience Tarkin has the strongest ship at high levels (160k+ fleet power), fighting other maxed tarkins is more difficult than mace/ackbar.
  • Options
    #1 on my shard is very often a Tarkin ship user. So it must not be that bad