How terrible is tarkin's ship?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I hit #1 with Tarkin and I have been using him since the beginning. The ship needs to be 85 and upgrade as much as possible. I use Vader, FOTP, Tie, Biggs, and Maul in the starting lineup with JC, Boba, and 5s as reserves. The key to ships in general is not to play like the ai, use the basic as much as possible and spread the TL around.
    Broncos Forever in the game
    666-716-133
  • Options
    A guild mate uses Tarkin ship and is #1 in his shard @180k power.
    You must have good dark side ships to make Tarkin viable.
    His starting line up is:
    Slave 1, TIE Fighter, FO Pilot, TIE Advanced, and Biggs. (Scimitar can be used highly effectively here as well).
    Trick with Tarkins ship is having plenty of target lock ability (which also reinforces Biggs with protection and taunt).
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    http://m.imgur.com/YV4YN0c

My fleet shard is owned by tarkin up top
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    You need all 3 TIEs to fully realize Tarkin's potential, he's the best offensive fleet commander
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Mazurka wrote: »
    His ship is bugged, so the big special attack on cooldown doesn't work properly. Fixing that would go a long way.

The only thing that really seems off to me is that it can be dodged. Otherwise it's fine, can wipe 4 people from the board easy

It randomly sends X attacks (is it 12? I forget) to 5 different spots. If there is no ship there you simply lose that damage right now. So you won't get extra damage to each ship if there are less than 5 ships out right now.

That's not what the attack says. The ability reads "Deal Physical damage 12 times to random enemy targets." If there's only one ship out there, all 12 attacks should be directed its way. 3 ships, randomly spread 12 targets across three spots. The issue that says it's bugged to me is that rather than counting it as multiple separate attacks, it treats it like Boba's, one attack with multiple damage. That pesky Tie Fighter shouldn't be able to dodge 12 shots (but does, frequently)!
  • Options
    Rakim wrote: »
    Very underrated but you need the right team to run it. The best offensive potential out of the 3

Agreed
  • Options
    Nothing I can say that others haven't already.

He can be a good ship. I used to drop a lot more running Tarkin but have been holding 50-79 overnight and can usually finish 35-45 of I use most of my battles.

Mace is a great defensive ship if you have lots of Republic ships including Rex. That's a tough fleet for me to beat.

I run TFP, Slave I, Biggs, Rex, and Ahsoka with
    5's, Wedge, and GSoldier in reserves.

Once I get FOTP geared up and Reaper becomes farmable they will replace Wedge and Ahsoka.
  • Options
    I take first with tarkin everyday and drop to 6. All these people saying he sucks dont know what theyre talking about
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Options
    That's great since I like empire! I'll switch to Tarkin when I unlock vader's tie, I'm halfway to unlocking it.
    Thanks a lot guys!
  • Options
    This might be a little long-winded but hopefully helpful...

ok, a couple things here:

-Imperial Assault is bugged -- this has been acknowledged recently by the Devs and hopefully will be fixed soon; it's *supposed* to do 12x damage.

-Imperial Assault has saved my bacon on a couple of occasions, in quite dramatic fashion I might add so i personally swear by it though, due to the aforementioned bug(s) there are times where it misses the mark entirely; but it comes through for me more times than it doesn't.

-I am of the opinion that maxed level pilots of the fleet ships contribute more than having a g11 Capital Ship commander. However -- and I don't have a huge sample size to go by because I just got Tarkin to g11 two days ago -- but I am seeing a noticeable difference. More specifically:

1) Reinforcements now join the battle with Potency Up.
    2) AOE seems to land Ability Block on more enemy ships.
    and perhaps the biggest value-add is:
    3) Victory At All Costs - "Allies deal 15% more damage for each debuffed enemy. This bonus is doubled for Empire allies."

fwiw, I run an unorthodox fleet in a highly competitive shard and can take 1st each day though I grapple with the lone other player in my shard who shares the same payout. However, I fall to the teens/early 20s overnight.

Executrix
    ITF, SF, GS, Spy, Scimitar (all g11 pilots)

Reinforcements: Biggs (g10), FOTP (g10), Cassian's U-Wing (though used sparingly - Cassian/Jyn g10; K2S0 g9)