Gar Saxon 7* G11 zeta'd arena video.

Prev1
https://youtu.be/ZcCuhIigpGk

I tried different team comps and this was the 1st comp that could handle a zaul lead squad. Keep in mind, I am not claiming this team is overpowered or the new meta or that Gar was the reason this team worked. I am sure there are several combinations that would perform just as well or maybe even better with Gar. Just posting this so people can take away whatever they want from it.

Replies

• M3xY_w33zY
    47 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    What really saved that team was Double Annihilate. Not very impressed with Gar in arena, and personally think he'd be much better under Zader for his special TMR ability mixed with Zader TMR bonus
  • Options
    Yeah money does help!

Yes, this was the exact point of the video.
    M3xY_w33zY wrote: »
    What really saved that team was Double Annihilate. Not very impressed with Gar in arena, and personally think he'd be much better under Zader for his special TMR ability mixed with Zader TMR bonus
    I also don't think that Gar would work that well in this team. He is much more Empire orientated. It's like putting Echo with non-clones..

• Options
    I doubt Gar is ever going to see use outside of specific counter-attacking team-comps, essentially because Daze is so easy to get a hold of. The vast majority of Gar's comes from allies counter-attacking, so he's basically useless if you get an AOE daze (like shown in the video), or simply daze one person at a time and focus on them.

At least his kit seems like it would be a good addition to some comedy comps.
  • M3xY_w33zY
    47 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I also don't think that Gar would work that well in this team. He is much more Empire orientated. It's like putting Echo with non-clones..

Umm lol no, that would be like putting Echo with other Clones because Zader runs an EMPIRE lead. Gar is EMPIRE. All bonuses under Zader leads will apply to Gar as they are in the SAME faction. Don't know what you failed to see but Gar's special will still reduce TM for those that apply + Zader TMR
  • Options
    I appreciate you taking the time to make this video. Thanks!
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    But gar saxon died on mandalore by the mother so he cant be good
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Umm lol no, that would be like putting Echo with other Clones because Zader runs an EMPIRE lead. Gar is EMPIRE. All bonuses under Zader leads will apply to Gar as they are in the SAME faction. Don't know what you failed to see but Gar's special will still reduce TM for those that apply + Zader TMR

What I was saying is that his team had only 2 empire allies, and his Leader ability gives bonuses ONLY to the Empire. My point was, that Gar with the team he used isn't as good. He can't give Obi-Wan or Nihilius counter chance, not defense, nor heal recovery on basic attack. And while I agree with you on his special ability working with Zader, it would be next to impossible to use it. He attacks every time an ally attacks OUT of their turn. This means a counter attack or if someone has called an ally to assist I guess. In a Zader led team, who will be the one to invoke this?

EDIT: I actually just noticed that it only happens DURING an enemy's turn. So even assisting wouldn't work. Only Counter Attack..
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Zader teams don't need gar. There's no space. Even if you accept a tankless setup, Zid is a better 5th than Gar, bringing high speed, aoe dots and healing immunity. Mb if you take out Boba, but that leaves you incredibly vulnerable without an AB. And Gar's speed isn't good enough for that. His strength comes from the synergy between his leadership and unique abilities. Putting him into a Zader team makes no use of either.

Don't get me wrong. I like his kit a lot. I just don't think he will fit in a Zader team. He is amazing as a second leader next to Vader for story mode, though.

Edit: video is fun, but mainly showcases Gar's vulnerability to daze, and how the OP won despite it.
  • M3xY_w33zY
    47 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Long as quote here

Under a Zader lead ANY attack. A N Y attack, has a possibility to remove turn meter. If Dooku double attacks someone (assuming it works properly because I've heard it not work) he will assist twice as well, and that's 4 [potential] times to have reduced TM. Catch my drift? But who tf uses Dooku in Zader leads anyways lol
  • Options
    Long as quote here

Under a Zader lead ANY attack. A N Y attack, has a possibility to remove turn meter. If Dooku double attacks someone (assuming it works properly because I've heard it not work) he will assist twice as well, and that's 4 [potential] times to have reduced TM. Catch my drift? But who tf uses Dooku in Zader leads anyways lol

No one because you taking tm from an enemy with 0 tm already
  • Options
    Long as quote here

I am still not following you. So what you're saying is that if Dooku counters twice, Saxon would also do it. That I understand. However this still doesn't change the fact that he is severely dependent on allies with big counter chance and he will still need zader. If anything, for him to be useful he will need.... let's say Zader lead, TFP maybe, and then Him + Dooku? + Fives? So he can take assists from them and possibly reduce turn meter, but how is a CHANCE to attack with a CHANCE to remove TM from Vader's Zeta any better than simply having him + 2 more empire allies? Anyways, we are still waiting for the Empire rework so he might possible become viable if they rework one of the toons to cleanse(thus making daze useless).
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing, @amusedam_1, it's appreciated :)
  • Options
    Could he work well with a character who has retribution taunt? For example Saxon lead, Vader EP and chaze? I could be well off the mark as I'm not a top arena player like most in the forum.
  • Options
    But gar saxon died on mandalore by the mother so he cant be good

That wasn't Mandalore...that was Krownest...
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    StarWhales wrote: »
    Can you post a video next time of 100 dollar bills being flushed down the toilet?

This kind of response is pretty old and tired. All the posters that rip on people that buy characters I would love to see an accounting of all their discretionary spending. I'm sure others could find some wasteful purchases to throw stones at.

Thanks @amusedam_1 for posting - good info to share. I do though think that was more about DN, hiding him among spam taunters and out selecting the AI. I would say that was similar to videos with Chewy as a leader with DN tucked between zBO and a 2nd taunter....or R1 / PX with DN or zKylo hidden.

I like Gar's kit - I think he can be good - I'm interested to see what they do with the rest of the Imperial. Quite possible he could pop out and shine with other updates potentially. The AOE looks fantastic for arena - the leader feels like it could be great in a raid.
  • Options
    Can you post a video next time of 100 dollar bills being flushed down the toilet?

This kind of response is pretty old and tired.

Actually it's not.

Still. Cool vid OP.

• Options
    Thank for the video!
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options

Isn't it illegal to deface money like that?
  • Options
    Thanks for trying out this new new hero and sharing your experience
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the video.

Seems like CG designed Gar to work with Krennic +Trooper at least. Prob is dodge makes countering pretty unreliable in general. Perhaps try something like Gar, Krennic, DT, Chaze?

Edit: and use accuracy mods on everyone?
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I upgraded Saxon and ISC to 4* fnd 11 tier - they are epic fail. Too low damage (with critical damage mods) they do 2-4k and 6k crit damage. I tryed them with empire squads, mixed with chirrut and baze, zKylo and others.
    They have too low speed, small damage (5 counter in a row doesnt save them). If phoenix squad looks solid, new empire "threat" make me sad.
    One chance - if try Krennic zeta leader, but... noooooo.jpg
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Not impressed.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • mplv
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf gar
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    Options
    mplv wrote: »
    Nerf gar

He does too high damage?)
  • Options
    Reference 3:31, Gar uses his AoE which does double damage to units with over 50% TM. Granted, it only appears that Maul has over 50% TM, but it certainly does look like it's over 50%. Gar is not doing double damage to Maul.
    Please don't tell me Gar has been released with obvious bugs.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Options
    not sure if it was intended but in the event itself to get him, I used jedis lead by Ima Gun Dee. Gar assisted all of them when they countered even though they arent allies.
  • Options
    Drepd wrote: »
    not sure if it was intended but in the event itself to get him, I used jedis lead by Ima Gun Dee. Gar assisted all of them when they countered even though they arent allies.

Gars lead only affects Empire which gives them a counter attack but his unique makes him assist when anyone counters including Jedi, Fives or Dooku etc.
  • Options
    Gar saxon is garbage
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    Options
    I am interested to see a 100% Empire team for the 100% counter chance. If there are a few reworked Empire in the future, seems like Gar lead could be quite interesting.