R2-D2 ***MEGATHREAD***

Prev134567
We just announced R2-D2 here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/106601/r2-d2-is-almost-here#latest

Please keep all conversations about R2-D2 in this thread and stay tuned as we'll reveal more details about him tomorrow!
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz

Replies

• Yoda style event I hope.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    The tease for R2 shows all his tags which includes "Galactic Republic" in addition to resistance, rebel, droid, etc

(Add this to the megathread)
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    The tease for R2 shows all his tags which includes "Galactic Republic" in addition to resistance, rebel, droid, etc

(Add this to the megathread)

Tag revamp?

Will all clones and jedi get this as well?
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • He unlocks at 5* it seems. So it is either a yoda style event or a new raid/ game mode reward
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Yoda style event I hope.

Looks that way ... starts at five stars, like yoda and palp.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Man he has a lot of tags. Would that mean synergy with all of them in some kind of way?
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    "Inflicts burning " omg he's been turned into a fire type Pokemon!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Man he has a lot of tags. Would that mean synergy with all of them in some kind of way?

Thats what tags are for
  • If they are adding the Republic tag to the game, I wonder if they will add that tag to the Jedi toons.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    Arkham wrote: »
    Yoda style event I hope.

Wonder what faction will be required to unlock him.

Glad to see him finally released.
  • Ship event (like palp's) but using republic ships only. It works quite well, make everyone gear a dn star up those ships and their crews
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    :D I'm going to save my 20 Zeta for r2d2
  • I'm soooo excited and I just can't hide it!! I'm about to lose control, boop boop beep la la la and I more than "like it"

• What about C3PO ?
  • As if it wasn't already obvious, they gotta keep dragging it out
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Nice another resistance. We needed that
  • @EA_Jesse there is this Iconic character from Star Wars named Luke Skywalker and he is a Jedi knight. Maybe you haven't heard of him...... r2 is great and all but what gives really? Spam countless toons we really don't want and keep the one thing that can make $$$$$$$$$ away. Sigh....... it's kinda sad the princess was right Obi wan you are the only hope.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Bee booop Bee booooop booooop
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Isn't it supposed to be empire month?
  • Only the 27th rebel toon btw... :/:/
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Valadas wrote: »
    If they are adding the Republic tag to the game, I wonder if they will add that tag to the Jedi toons.

All the appropriate Jedi I imagine, and all the clones. The tag is no good without others with the tag and abilities that make use of it.
  • Gungnir75 wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse there is this Iconic character from Star Wars named Luke Skywalker and he is a Jedi knight. Maybe you haven't heard of him...... r2 is great and all but what gives really? Spam countless toons we really don't want and keep the one thing that can make $$$$$$$$$ away. Sigh....... it's kinda sad the princess was right Obi wan you are the only hope.
    Lol. It's funny cause it's true
  • Nothermike
    394 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Hope all the Jedi and Clone abilities are updated for Galactic Republic, or R2 will still be borderline useless.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Nothermike wrote: »
    Hope all the Jedi and Clone abilities are updated for Galactic Republic, or R2 will still be borderline useless.

If he has an AOE like his PVE version does, than he will work great with a zeta Finn resistance team.
  • Gungnir75 wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse there is this Iconic character from Star Wars named Luke Skywalker and he is a Jedi knight. Maybe you haven't heard of him...... r2 is great and all but what gives really? Spam countless toons we really don't want and keep the one thing that can make $$$$$$$$$ away. Sigh....... it's kinda sad the princess was right Obi wan you are the only hope.

They did announce that 2 new fan favorite toons were being added in the next 2 months. This is one of them. Jedi Luke could still be the second one
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    R2 may become the new Han Solo, one of the most iconic figures in the SW universe who happens to be useless in this SW game... I fear for the arrival of Luke and fear most for his kits... I wouldn't be surprised if Jedi Luke turned out to be a squishy healer or something useless for arena...

PS: When i say useless toon in game, of course i mean in Arena. There's where we want them to work!!
  • Putting money down that he will suck in a Droid squad.
  • tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Gungnir75 wrote: »

They did announce that 2 new fan favorite toons were being added in the next 2 months. This is one of them. Jedi Luke could still be the second one

I bet they go dark side next. My guess is Jango.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Athusk wrote: »
    Arkham wrote: »
    Yoda style event I hope.

Wonder what faction will be required to unlock him.

Glad to see him finally released.

Probably will be nightsisters since they love trolling us.
  • My guess is empire will be required for this event
This discussion has been closed.