R2-D2 ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Putting money down that he will suck in a Droid squad.

Is there any reason to give him synergy the current droids though?
  • Raid or yoda style/emperor event; those are the only 2 events where you unlock a 5* character as the reward ( Han Solo and GK in the past), but what makes me curious is that he has the galactic republic tag... could they be introducing characters from the galactic republic like padme? or is this just meh ?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/wolffe/

I 7* FOTP without using any energy refreshes, get on my level
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Why does R2D2 have the resistance tag?
    Unless R2 does something in TLJ, they should take it away.
    All he did was wake up and give people plans.

#TagProperly
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.

Cuz he's a dam droid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Supercat wrote: »
    Unless R2 does something in TLJ, they should take it away.
    All he did was wake up and give people plans.

#TagProperly

He was in force awakens too, he is everywhere. He was key to the map to find old pervy luke.
  • MykCnoE
    116 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »

Why? Because he's part of the resistance.
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Cuz he's a dam droid?

Phasma and Cody are both humans (and tagged as such), but they don't have any explicit synergies.

Why should sharing a race require synergy? Are the 7 synergized droids (plus 3 non-droid toons with droid synergies) not enough? (coming from a droid player who plans to get R2 as quickly as possible ... without spending mountains of cash).
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • tmntguy86 wrote: »
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse there is this Iconic character from Star Wars named Luke Skywalker and he is a Jedi knight. Maybe you haven't heard of him...... r2 is great and all but what gives really? Spam countless toons we really don't want and keep the one thing that can make $$$$$$$$$ away. Sigh....... it's kinda sad the princess was right Obi wan you are the only hope.

They did announce that 2 new fan favorite toons were being added in the next 2 months. This is one of them. Jedi Luke could still be the second one

I bet they go dark side next. My guess is Jango.

That could be. But Luke is in the new trailer for the game when he wasn't there before. And he's still on the picture at the loading screen. Why have Luke in the trailer if you aren't going to add him?
  • tmntguy86
    446 posts Member
    edited April 2017

Cuz he's a dam droid?

:D
  • It's an old datamine, but if it checks out, Zaul got a boost.

Description: Versatile Support Droid that protects allies by improving both their buffs and debuffs
    Basic: Electroshock Prod
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 60% chance to Stun for 1 turn.
    Special 1: Smoke Screen
    All allies gain Evasion Up for 2 turns, with a 55% chance to also gain Foresight. R2-D2 gains 35% Turn Meter.
    Special 2: Improvise
    Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict Damage Over Time for 4 turns. This attack can’t be Evaded.
    Unique 1: Combat Analysis
    All enemies have -20% Tenacity and lose 10% Turn Meter the first time they suffer a negative status effect each turn.
    Unique 2: Number Crunch
    The first time an ally gains a positive status effect each turn, they also gain 15% Turn Meter.
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    It's an old datamine, but if it checks out, Zaul got a boost.

Description: Versatile Support Droid that protects allies by improving both their buffs and debuffs
    All allies gain Evasion Up for 2 turns, with a 55% chance to also gain Foresight. R2-D2 gains 35% Turn Meter.
    Deal Special damage to all enemies and inflict Damage Over Time for 4 turns. This attack can’t be Evaded.
    All enemies have -20% Tenacity and lose 10% Turn Meter the first time they suffer a negative status effect each turn.
    The first time an ally gains a positive status effect each turn, they also gain 15% Turn Meter.

Oh that's a huge mess up if true. His abilities should be specific to his factions.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    His skills seem solid... But there's still a long road to see if he is arena viable. None of these matters if he's too slow or too squishy...

Cuz he's a dam droid?

So? There is no reason to make him great in a droid team. He isn't even on the same side of the war as almost every other droid in this game. Why would you expect R2D2 to pair well with characters like General Grievous or IG88?

Slewfoot wrote: »
    It's an old datamine, but if it checks out, Zaul got a boost.

Oh that's a huge mess up if true. His abilities should be specific to his factions.

It's old. There is no burn in there for one. It could be similar, but no way they release an evasion toon right now. That would be such a dumb move and a slap in the face to everyone complaining about evasion.
  • Sooooooooo....... farm empire toons?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Sooooooooo....... farm empire toons?

Seems like it...

Any other single faction and it'll cause an uproar. Plus it seems that empire was just confirmed :wink:
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • CerealKiller
    604 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I can't see him in the trailer

• Ouchie wrote: »
    "Inflicts burning " omg he's been turned into a fire type Pokemon!

LOL nice
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Seems odd. I thought for sure it would be a faction(s) that most of us didn't have. I'm very skeptical that 5 7* empire characters are all we need to max R2D2...
  • Seems odd. I thought for sure it would be a faction(s) that most of us didn't have. I'm very skeptical that 5 7* empire characters are all we need to max R2D2...

Ti laked it so we know it's true. They get special treatment and know what's being released ahead of time.
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Finally, a Rebel that is ACTUALLY NEEDED
  • please do not move to megathread
    Old data mine here:

Thoughts? Looks like he could boost a lot of teams.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Well if the datamine is true, then he'll be a rebel and resistance toon that doesn't fit with either of them and is literally hand-crafted to fit in a Zaul team.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • makagarahum
    131 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    It makes complete sense that it would be 5 7* Empire toons. The empire is getting a rework and likely packs coming so you can pay the monies
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    This wouldn't be a boost to any team. This would end the game imo. We're already in the middle of the rng dodge Zaul meta (that or rex DN chaze GK), which has been around for a long time with no change and much frustration/boredom.

This kit is hand crafted for a Zaul team, which is literally the worst thing that could happen right now. Players will leave because Zaul isn't being countered, but actually buffed.
  • benacrow wrote: »

Well if the datamine is true, then he'll be a rebel and resistance toon that doesn't fit with either of them and is literally hand-crafted to fit in a Zaul team.

He would be better on a Droid team tho.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    This wouldn't be a boost to any team. This would end the game imo. We're already in the middle of the rng dodge Zaul meta (that or rex DN chaze GK), which has been around for a long time with no change and much frustration/boredom.

This kit is hand crafted for a Zaul team, which is literally the worst thing that could happen right now. Players will leave because Zaul isn't being countered, but actually buffed.

It would be quite a buff to droids tho no? Je recalibrate + r2 going first. But I do see your point tho it would make zaul even stronger. His abilities should only work for Rebs, res, droids and republic.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

He would be better on a Droid team tho.

I don't think he would. He adds evasion to a heavy evasion team, and applies debuffs for DN to feed off of. Sure he could work in a droid team, but he would immediately be added to Zaul teams for an even worse meta.
  • So we farm Empire?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    benacrow wrote: »

It would be quite a buff to droids tho no? Je recalibrate + r2 going first. But I do see your point tho it would make zaul even stronger. His abilities should only work for Rebs, res, droids and republic.

Commented on your post in the MT lol, but yes, only to specific ally factions would be perfect at this time.
This discussion has been closed.