To confirm zaul is still meta

Prev1
Hurkan
77 posts Member
edited April 2017
This is the discussion, created 20 days ago
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/102967/9-10-zaul-teams-funny/p1
And it's video:
https://youtu.be/9IF8IrcPzBY

And this morning: https://youtu.be/RCTZdqXknGo

Will we still discuss meta?

Replies

• LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Depends on the shard.
    esit: Mine is a December 2015 one.

My shard doesn't have as many as you, but we're still abundant haha

Made a video for you:

https://youtu.be/JBtiKUppGUI
  • Options
    Rex squads are VERY good counters to Zaul's tho.
  • Options
    Cue the 'zaul isn't meta' warriors. Im not sure of their ultimate goal.
  • Options
    I'm about to zeta Maul. So excited!!!!
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    That's just one shard though...

Looking at my shard currently:
    1. GK, Zarriss, DN, Chaze
    2. Full FO all zeta'd
    3. Zaul (Me)
    4. Zaul
    5. Zaul
    6. Rex
    7. Rex
    8. Nihilus
    9. Zaul
    10. Zaul
    11. Zaul
    12. Rex
    13. Rex
    14. Rex
    15. Zaul
    16. Rex
    17. Zaul
    18. Zaul
    19. zJyn
    20. Zaul
    21. zQGJ
    22. zQGJ
    23. Zaul
    24. FO (meh mods, 2 zetas)
    25. Rex
    26. zFinn

Pretty much all of the top 15 can sneak up to the top 5 for their payout. Most can grab 1st. Mainly just went all the way to 26 to show the zeta Finn team that can work it's way up to 5th and then drop to 62 overnight. (Don't think he's dropped that far since he got GK) After that we see a few Zaders, and a couple of Wedge leads in the 40s, and the occasional Boba lead.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Honestly, Nihilus is meta (not his lead). Zaul is a just a very nice way to keep him alive and get him to annihilate people faster. Triple cleanse team keeps alive long enough to do the same as well.
  • Options
    14 zaul, 5 rex and 1 jyn lead rouge one team in the top 20 of my server. top 5 of my server is 3 rex and 2 zaul. 1st place is using the most used 1st place arena squad https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#squads
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't say Zaul is unbeatable but more op than other teams so everybody playing zaul and the game isn't funny when 9/10 players playing with zauls.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Honestly, Nihilus is meta (not his lead). Zaul is a just a very nice way to keep him alive and get him to annihilate people faster. Triple cleanse team keeps alive long enough to do the same as well.

nihilus is extremely overrated EP is far more useful trust me nihilus is not the reason why zaul is so good. i will agree that nihilus does seem to be meta though but zaul is as well. that said nihilus does work great in a zaul team.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options

I complately agree. Darth nihilus is also so op. I don't need to complain because I also have darth nihilus like everybody but he is ruining game.
  • Options
    Hurkan wrote: »

I complately agree. Darth nihilus is also so op. I don't need to complain because I also have darth nihilus like everybody but he is ruining game.

ruining the game?

lol....

come on fellas, we heard that with:

- Barriss when game was launched
    - QGJ in first month
    - Poe after 1-2 months
    - Old Ben after 3 months
    - Dooku not much later
    - Wiggs 7-8 months ago
    - Chaze 3/4 months ago

and look they all beatable.... and so is Zaul and zDn

• Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options
    unit900000 wrote: »

nihilus is extremely overrated EP is far more useful trust me nihilus is not the reason why zaul is so good. i will agree that nihilus does seem to be meta though but zaul is as well. that said nihilus does work great in a zaul team.

Ep can't do anything when enemy have tenacity up but dn's skills irresistible. Nothing can stop his annihilate and tenacity up can't prevent his cd increase skill.
  • Options

Ep can't do anything when enemy have tenacity up but dn's skills irresistible. Nothing can stop his annihilate and tenacity up can't prevent his cd increase skill.

yes tenacity up can avoid it.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options

No it can't.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Agreed. EP, while I love his shock, and stun, is not nearly as useful as Nihilus is. Irresistible cooldown increase is extremely powerful. Stuns can be cleansed, Shock can be cleansed, and both can be resisted. Dispel on basic with one of the stronger basic attacks in the game. Annihilate is just icing on the cake to increase his enormous health pool and protection pool. EP has the lowest armor in the game, and one of the lowest health and protection pools. He is extremely easy to kill. Nihilus is not.

Nihilus isn't the reason Zaul is so good, that is true, but Zaul was not nearly as good as it is now before we got these three new sith and a zeta on Savage. EP got no update in that Sith buff, but the three new Sith made Zaul a team to be reckoned with, EP did not.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options

Agreed. EP, while I love his shock, and stun, is not nearly as useful as Nihilus is. Irresistible cooldown increase is extremely powerful. Stuns can be cleansed, Shock can be cleansed, and both can be resisted. Dispel on basic with one of the stronger basic attacks in the game. Annihilate is just icing on the cake to increase his enormous health pool and protection pool. EP has the lowest armor in the game, and one of the lowest health and protection pools. He is extremely easy to kill. Nihilus is not.

Nihilus isn't the reason Zaul is so good, that is true, but Zaul was not nearly as good as it is now before we got these three new sith and a zeta on Savage. EP got no update in that Sith buff, but the three new Sith made Zaul a team to be reckoned with, EP did not.

You explained exactly what I want to say.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

I second the no it can't.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options

nope.

true but thats why i run b2 and annihilate takes to long to be usable. the problem i have with nihilus is his annihilate takes to long and hes near useless when hes ability blocked witch happens a lot with vader running around. EP has better damage output and a better basic attack then nihilus so what if he can despell the most that will do vs a zaul team is despell offense up/advantage and vs a rex team? lol k so you just despelled tenacity up off of ONE character hahaha so good /s. only thing his basic has going for him is despelling taunters but its easier to just shock taunters with EP instead and his shock is better then nihilus wimpy basic vs zaul sense shock will prevent stealth/turn meter. now as far as EP vs nihilus gos its true that nihilus has the better AOE but that still doesnt make up for the fact that EP has a far better basic attack and better damage output and isn't near useless when hes ability blocked unlike nihilus and it still doesnt change the fact that nihilus annihilate takes to long to come off of cool down.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options
    You can't compare dn with ep. Ep is very easy to kill toon. Dn have more health and protection than my St.han
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You can't compare dn with ep. Ep is very easy to kill toon. Dn have more health and protection than my St.han

a useless charator is still useless rather hes tanky or not.
  • Options
    R2 will end the zaul meta. Sith Lords are his speciality.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options
    R2 will end the zaul meta. Sith Lords are his speciality.

I hope so
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Would be cool, if R2's "Combat Analysis" unique would just disable opponents Leader bonus ... :naughty: That would make him most used char in arena! *lol*
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options
    Good idea but I think it is not possible. Everybody want their zeta back:)
  • Options
    Just for statistics, arena top20 in my shard, Dec16:

1. zMaul, zDN, GK, Chaze
    2. DN, SithTrooper, Dooku, Chaze
    3. Wiggs, Boba, Chaze
    4. Jyn, Cassian, K2SO, Chaze
    5. Wiggs, Cassian, Chaze
    6. Rex, DN, GK, Chaze
    7. DN, EP, Dooku, DV, Sidious
    8. Rex, Kylo, DN, Chaze
    9. Wiggs, Lando, Leia, STHan
    10. Assajj, Daka, DN, Yoda, zBarriss (me)
    11. Wiggs, Lando, Chaze
    12. Wiggs, Lando, Chaze
    13. EP, DV, TFP, Boba, ShoreTrooper
    14. Lando, Wiggs, Boba, STHan
    15. DN, DV, Dooku, Boba, ShoreTrooper
    16. Wiggs, Jyn, Chaze
    17. DN, DV, Dooku, SithTrooper, EP
    18. DV, EP, TFP, Boba, ShoreTrooper
    19. EP, DV, B2, Kylo, ShoreTrooper
    20. Wiggs, Boba, Chaze

They all look pretty different, and i like it.
  • Options
    seegester wrote: »
    Except for Chaze, of cause. They are quite boring. But they are not the strongest toons now.

• Options
    seegester wrote: »
    Just for statistics, arena top20 in my shard, Dec16:

1. zMaul, zDN, GK, Chaze
    2. DN, SithTrooper, Dooku, Chaze
    3. Wiggs, Boba, Chaze
    4. Jyn, Cassian, K2SO, Chaze
    5. Wiggs, Cassian, Chaze
    6. Rex, DN, GK, Chaze
    7. DN, EP, Dooku, DV, Sidious
    8. Rex, Kylo, DN, Chaze
    9. Wiggs, Lando, Leia, STHan
    10. Assajj, Daka, DN, Yoda, zBarriss (me)
    11. Wiggs, Lando, Chaze
    12. Wiggs, Lando, Chaze
    13. EP, DV, TFP, Boba, ShoreTrooper
    14. Lando, Wiggs, Boba, STHan
    15. DN, DV, Dooku, Boba, ShoreTrooper
    16. Wiggs, Jyn, Chaze
    17. DN, DV, Dooku, SithTrooper, EP
    18. DV, EP, TFP, Boba, ShoreTrooper
    19. EP, DV, B2, Kylo, ShoreTrooper
    20. Wiggs, Boba, Chaze

Young servers seem pretty fun.
  • Options
    Young servers seem pretty fun.

Yep. Missing droid and jedy squads, tho

• Options
    I think rather than using the word meta - what some on the Maul topic have been trying to communicate is that he is not the best team. He may be highly used still and very good - but the Rex / 3x cleanse squad, or even Rex+Chaze + DN / zKylo...is a better squad. zDM full-Sith squads are not the best team for attacking nor are they the best squad on defense. By the way, as a zDM user with a zeta on Savage and all Sith gear 11, I'd love for that to not be true, but it is. To consistently, and without RNG, beat a strong 3x cleanse DN (unique zeta) Rex team I need to switch to a DN lead and remove zDM. That's even with having equal / better mods than my opponent. My objective in stating this is to do nothing more than communicate what I see with my team, what I see on my shard, and to provide that info to others if it may help in some way.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    I think rather than using the word meta - what some on the Maul topic have been trying to communicate is that he is not the best team. He may be highly used still and very good - but the Rex / 3x cleanse squad, or even Rex+Chaze + DN / zKylo...is a better squad. zDM full-Sith squads are not the best team for attacking nor are they the best squad on defense. By the way, as a zDM user with a zeta on Savage and all Sith gear 11, I'd love for that to not be true, but it is. To consistently, and without RNG, beat a strong 3x cleanse DN (unique zeta) Rex team I need to switch to a DN lead and remove zDM. That's even with having equal / better mods than my opponent. My objective in stating this is to do nothing more than communicate what I see with my team, what I see on my shard, and to provide that info to others if it may help in some way.
    ... zMaul is the easiest to use ... just add random mods and dice win or loss ... every non-zMaul squad requires great mods to survive.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.