Are you ready for R2D2?

Replies

• Options
    And they've dropped it before palpating. He was going to be my 4th empire so I have absolutely no chance of getting him either. 8 days notice? F***ing great job CG you a***holes

Wow... I mean really.. wow. Dude you need to seriously relax. I think we all need to take a moment and when you post this over an event you need to put the device down. Not play for a week. And go out of the house for a while.
  • Options
    I have maxed out EP RG TFP, then a G8 magma trooper. vader is still short of 23 shards for 7* so I think he is not gonna make it. need to quickly level up my 7* tarkin and see if its enough :)
  • Options
    And they've dropped it before palpating. He was going to be my 4th empire so I have absolutely no chance of getting him either. 8 days notice? F***ing great job CG you a***holes

Just spend money dood

I spend about £20-£40 a week since returning a month ago. I ain't spending anymore lol
  • Options
    Gr11 Zader, Gr11 Palp. Gr11 tie pilot, Gr10 RG then its time to scrape the barrel and gear up tarkin, snow or magma. I'm convinced the 7* unlock will be super hard and need something silly like Shore and Gar Saxon but we will see, my outrage is prepared :smile:
  • Options
    i need 49 shards for 7*RoyalGuard can i make it ? what do u think ? without spending Crystals
  • Options
    i need 49 shards for 7*RoyalGuard can i make it ? what do u think ? without spending Crystals

In 8 days so you need 6 shards per day. That's do able but you might need to do a few refresh. One refresh per day would definitely be enough and it's only 100 crystals.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Without spending Crystals it takes aprox 15 days to get the remaining shards from the cantinanode. You can do it in 13 if you farm also the 2 hard nodes, at last it depents on your RNG and how long the Event is running.
  • Options

In 8 days so you need 6 shards per day. That's do able but you might need to do a few refresh. One refresh per day would definitely be enough and it's only 100 crystals.
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »

Without spending Crystals it takes aprox 15 days to get the remaining shards from the cantinanode. You can do it in 13 if you farm also the 2 hard nodes, at last it depents on your RNG and how long the Event is running.

Thank u guys for quick Response!!! o:)
  • Options

wow, you need to relax. your acting like this over a little droid? it's just r2, it's just a game, and the event will return.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know the circumstances of the event. However I have a maxed, Zader, Palpatine, & Shoretrooper. I also have a G10 RG & a G9 Tarkin. I don't know if that will be good enough for the event, maybe not since 2 of them are tanks. Might be too weak on dps.

I think you'll be fine, even though I never seen the squad you'll face but two tanks, one with crit immunity and a healing, another with stun and Defense and Health Up, that's great. Since some of the crew member will be Rebels, Tarkin will inflict speed down on them, EP will damage some of them too ! I guess you'll have a 7* R2 my friend and I envy you, mine will only be 5* :'(
    518 posts Member
    Options

My friend, have you ever heard about shutting the front door ? I suggest you try that for few days, that could only be good. This event will return, patience is something you might learn about, this way it would be beneficial for everyone. Thanks ;)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

As the other guy said, "Cross your legs, hold your noses, and fart. I bet you could clear out your minds!"
  • Options
    I have g11 zvader g11 zsid g11 tfp g10 rg and g9 tarkin. I hope this is enough
  • Options
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    I have g11 zvader g11 zsid g11 tfp g10 rg and g9 tarkin. I hope this is enough

Sid won't work its empire only
  • Options
    It is an "extremely rare" event so, what do you expect?

I ran into the same issue when I wasn't able to get EP before when it was still an extremely rare event. I had to wait like everyone else ... that's life man.

For this one I've got my XI Vader, EP, TFP, Shore and X DT, RG and Tarkin all floating around, should be fine.
  • Options
    No one is complaining about the requirements, they're more than fair. But doing it before EP and at 8 days notice is a joke. Yoda comes at 28 days notice. This is just a way to force people to spend like with Phoenix squad recently
  • Options
    I should be able to get him @5*. Possibly 6 if they provide good empire packs. Can't wait to see if we get to fight Jedi Luke and what form he'll be (rotj, bespin) or maybe farmer Luke.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    No one is complaining about the requirements, they're more than fair. But doing it before EP and at 8 days notice is a joke. Yoda comes at 28 days notice. This is just a way to force people to spend like with Phoenix squad recently

There is no best time for anything TBH. You're never going to be able to get everyone who's in a perfect place. Usually when they announce these things it obviously benefits players with more time in this game or started on Empire (or whatever faction) toons early. It's not really any different IMO than any other event. Sure, getting EP ahead of this would be timely for some people but there are so many variables at play (will everyone be able to get a 7* EP at the event? What if it's only 5* and they still can't get more than a 5* R2 etc?) it's hard to make it perfect.
  • Options
    Any word on how long the event will run? I would assume a week like the Palp & Yoda events but have not heard definitively.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It would be great if we could get information about a stormtrooper rework so I know if I should gear my 7* Tarkin or Stormtrooper
  • Options

There is no best time for anything TBH. You're never going to be able to get everyone who's in a perfect place. Usually when they announce these things it obviously benefits players with more time in this game or started on Empire (or whatever faction) toons early. It's not really any different IMO than any other event. Sure, getting EP ahead of this would be timely for some people but there are so many variables at play (will everyone be able to get a 7* EP at the event? What if it's only 5* and they still can't get more than a 5* R2 etc?) it's hard to make it perfect.

I'm not even complaining about 7*. If got him at 5 for now would be happy. Looks like he's a must have character for top end arena and should of made him accessible than just people who have built empire only or whales.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Kalano wrote: »
    I missed this "am I ready" threads :D
    Can't wait for "when will the event return"

And then in a year, when it enters the rotation "I just farmed my rebels for the EP event, and R2 entered the rotation, so now I have to wait 3!! months. Not fair, bring all at once."
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'm not even complaining about 7*. If got him at 5 for now would be happy. Looks like he's a must have character for top end arena and should of made him accessible than just people who have built empire only or whales.

5* empire is a requirement for potency mod challenges. Honestly, if they weren't already a priority, they should have been. So that will already allow you to 5* him. Palp and Vader are both empire and two of the strongest toons in the game. TFP and RG are empire and top tier toons. That's 4 already that were worth farming for their own sake (and shoretrooper, but he's nigh impossible to farm). And you get a free 4* Tarkin for ships, in addition.

It's not like Empire is clones, who haven't really been available for f2p for all that long, and 3 of which share the same shops. Or Phoenix, which are impossible to farm.

Yes, if you're new(ish) to the game, you may have a hard time getting 5 7* Empire, but that would go for any faction. Just because you're new and farmed 5 rebels doesn't mean you should be able to do absolutely everything with them.
  • flux_rono
    2132 posts Member
    Options
    Easy way to ensure your prepared for all of these types of events... get 5 people in each faction to 5* and a decent gear, and you will always be able to unlock the character. So maybe start now for a future possible First order or resistance one of these (i think thses factions have the best possibility of coming next for these event types)
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Easy way to ensure your prepared for all of these types of events... get 5 people in each faction to 5* and a decent gear, and you will always be able to unlock the character. So maybe start now for a future possible First order or resistance one of these (i think thses factions have the best possibility of coming next for these event types)

This is what I did after palpatine event and now I have six 7* empire toons :)
  • N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Options
    I need 160 fragments for magmatropper but I will arrive just for the 5 PJs at 7 * ;)
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a lot of despair. Do that many people really not have 5 five-star empire toons?

What about potency mods? Nobody wanted them?

I'm pretty sure most people at level cap will unlock R2 (at least) on the first pass, plus a good portion of higher level, new players. Everyone else will have to work toward getting him.

How is this bad again? Did people just want to be handed R2? That's no fun ...

[in response to the OP: Yes! I'm ready! ... almost. I have 4 7-star toons (vader, palp, tarkin, TFP) and 3 6-star toons (stormtrooper, snowtrooper, RG). Should be pretty easy to farm up the last in time--I'm going for snowtrooper in light of the incoming rework]
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

5* empire is a requirement for potency mod challenges. Honestly, if they weren't already a priority, they should have been. So that will already allow you to 5* him. Palp and Vader are both empire and two of the strongest toons in the game. TFP and RG are empire and top tier toons. That's 4 already that were worth farming for their own sake (and shoretrooper, but he's nigh impossible to farm). And you get a free 4* Tarkin for ships, in addition.

It's not like Empire is clones, who haven't really been available for f2p for all that long, and 3 of which share the same shops. Or Phoenix, which are impossible to farm.

Yes, if you're new(ish) to the game, you may have a hard time getting 5 7* Empire, but that would go for any faction. Just because you're new and farmed 5 rebels doesn't mean you should be able to do absolutely everything with them.

It's not that I'm new, I'm a returning player from a 6 month break. None the less, these challenges are meant to be hard but just time to prep is all I'm asking.

I have 6 7* Jedi, loads of rebels, a droid squad and a weakfish mix of sith and empire. Not to mention having started scoundrels recently to solve the credit crunch. We need time to prepare in order to prioritise. Rebels are good in aat so focused there since returning. We can't work on everything at once so we need time then we can prioritise.
  • Options
    I'm ready. Can't wait!
    49u9uyi.jpg
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    Expect to see more threads like this, "Hurr Durr I have 5 empire toons at seven stars and gear 11, would I be able to complete this event"
    I don't think so, you need them to be at least G13.

Hahahah maybe gear 14