Let's remove sith from the R2D2 event *video of tier 7 without sith added

Replies

• lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So because everyone on the Lightside with Rebels got a 7* palp and everyone got free Vader via achievements they should just be included? Box makes a valid point. These events are meant to be more exclusive the first time around. Excluding the Sith would make it more challenging, give people a reason to farm some empire toons they have neglected and give packs a better purpose.
    We need a time machine so we can go back and re-do the Palpatine event without any scoundrels. So we can really feel a sense of achievement from an honest day's work.

And moar challenging and stuff. Punish all the lazy people who aren't me.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    So because everyone on the Lightside with Rebels got a 7* palp and everyone got free Vader via achievements they should just be included? Box makes a valid point. These events are meant to be more exclusive the first time around. Excluding the Sith would make it more challenging, give people a reason to farm some empire toons they have neglected and give packs a better purpose.

I hope you will use your 7* Shoretrooper. :)
  • Options
    I say make it so that it has to be done only by CUP. 5 rounds per tier. CUP is OP. He could do it.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    This is a terrible idea. But I still applaud OP for introducing this thread and giving us the gift of a budding, and wonderful, meme war between Kozi and NAJ.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    One thing that seems to be overlooked. Adding R2 means...

ANOTHER REBEL!!!

Roflmao

But it is ok if it is a rebel some want like r2 or luke. Just not other "rebels"

Faced your team in GW.. I hate you lol

Just sharing the love!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    This is a terrible idea. But I still applaud OP for introducing this thread and giving us the gift of a budding, and wonderful, meme war between Kozi and NAJ.

This. I could still easily field a strong team of five 7* Empire without Palp and Vader and I think it's a horrendous idea. The only good to come of this thread were the gifs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    It doesn't make sense to have them from a story perspective. Both the sith would have their minions go after the rebels. They would never get involved with it directly.

Watch the beginning of Empire Strikes Back, Read Lords of the Sith, Read Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company, Read the Vader comics. Vader is an enforcer, he gets his hands more dirty than most people in the Empire. Also for Palp getting his hands dirty: again Lords of the Sith and Star Wars the Clone Wars.
  • Options
    Something is wrong with you...
  • Options
    How I see 90% of the posters in this thread:

giphy.gif
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Your trolling powers are weak.

discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    Lol why doesn't op not use sith/empire toons and let us know how the challenge was while those who already have r2 worry about gearing and modding the droid
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There are 14 Empire toons within the game. 2 of those are sith. I think the event would be much more challenging and and make R2 more exclusive if we remove the ability to use toons with sith tags and just use the empire only toons. This will allow CG to showcase the new empire pass and maybe even encourage some spending. Please make this happen.

It should be the opposite, not ban sith, but add all separatists. R2D2 is not only iconic in the Empire era but it has also been Anakin's droid in the Clon Wars era, actually it has been more bad a#$%@ as Anakin's droid than Luke's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmOteqmDYc
  • Options
    Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-Laughing-to-Serious.gif

• Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Those two Sith started the Empire. One IS the frickin' Emperor. The Empire is really their Sith Empire. So...this makes no sense.

This settles it. I should be able to use all my Sith now. Make it so CG

• Options

If this is the case, can we remove *all* rebels from EP event?
  • Dakk
    44 posts Member
    Options
    There are 14 Empire toons within the game. 2 of those are sith. I think the event would be much more challenging and and make R2 more exclusive if we remove the ability to use toons with sith tags and just use the empire only toons. This will allow CG to showcase the new empire pass and maybe even encourage some spending. Please make this happen.

Please do not.

And if making R2 more exclusive is important, please don't let this guy have him.

• Dakk
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Ledinis wrote: »
    Translation : I have leveled all the empire troopers and i demand to feel special ! :)

ROFLMAO.

• Dakk
    44 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It doesn't make sense to have them from a story perspective. Both the sith would have their minions go after the rebels. They would never get involved with it directly.

It does makes sense from a story perspective. However, you make no sense from any perspective.

What are you, 12?

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    zsc9udlz2poz.jpg

I see your ban sith and raise you...remove anyone without the word "trooper"

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    This can't be serious
  • Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options

Vader was one of the most exclusive toons. EP took me months of working on Rebels. I invested time and energy in ships to build up zetas. What you are saying makes no sense. If you have five empire characters, 7*, max geared, modded and zeta'd you ARE in the exclusive club. Go look at the mega thread and see how many people are whining about NOT being able to get R2 and then tell us that it isn't exclusive.

• Options

Why you dont just shut up?
  • Options
    Yesac wrote: »

Vader was one of the most exclusive toons. EP took me months of working on Rebels. I invested time and energy in ships to build up zetas. What you are saying makes no sense. If you have five empire characters, 7*, max geared, modded and zeta'd you ARE in the exclusive club. Go look at the mega thread and see how many people are whining about NOT being able to get R2 and then tell us that it isn't exclusive.

#boom
  • Options
    Excluding Vader, and Emperor Palpatine is a ridiculous idea. What are they tagged as???? Sith, and Empire...... what were their jobs Palp ruled the empire, Vader was the empire enforcer. They are the most iconic , and most loved empire toons . It boils down to they have an empire tag and they can and will be used. This game is expensive enough without ideas like this lol.
    That said you dont have to use Vader and Palp. Feel free to use who ever you want , and don't worry about who anybody else uses. And that's coming from a player with only a 5 star Palp, and 7 star Vader. I was still pretty new when the last emperor event happened.
    I'm guessing you just want less people to have him right?
  • EmeraldZx
    176 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is not a bright idea buddy
  • Options
    @CG_NotReallyAJedi
    GASP. His gifgame exceeds my own! IMPOSTOR
    tumblr_mgkn2sbQSa1ri3gg1o1_500.gif

I have to ask. What percentage of your work day is spent finding awesome gif's?

Second question: how can I get that job?
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This thread is perfect lmao.

On a side note OP, I am sorry if you don't consider the EMPEROR and his Right hand man(who participated in a battle with rebels in IVth and Vth movies) to be part of the EMPIRE :P
  • Options
    This thread is perfect lmao.

On a side note OP, I am sorry if you don't consider the EMPEROR and his Right hand man(who participated in a battle with rebels in IVth and Vth movies) to be part of the EMPIRE :P

I never said I didn't consider them Empire. My suggestion was to remove them as to showcase the new Imperial faction pass still allowing for many easily farmable characters. R2 shouldn't be a gimme by using the 2 most common and OP Empire toons.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    R2 shouldn't be a gimme by using the 2 most common and OP Empire toons.
    Why shouldn't it?