Places of Power way too easy

Replies

• Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    This event is not easy. At least not for the average player. That's what I'm thinking. I'm trying with 5*EP, 6*Vader, 7*phasma, 7* Sidious, 7*Kylo all gear level 8 and 9 abilities 7+ and still no completion. I get to the last stage and with that lil green monster spamming tenacity, kenobi taunting and all the counters it seems hopeless. I don't have maul nor nihilus leveled up. I'm so close best I've done is taken out three of the team. This is not exactly easy, you can only say it is only because you probably have been playing for so long you just happen to have the right team for the job. I've only been playing since February when I picked the game back up after so many changes have been made since it's release.

It wasn't easy for me either and I had G10-11 characters. I used the same setup like you did and couldn't beat it until I swapped out Phasma for DN. If you have DN, his annihilate helps so much to take out the little green munchkin. I have him at lvl 85, 3*, G7
  • crzydroid
    7364 posts Moderator
    Options
    WenHandel wrote: »
    Did anyone detect any difference between the three difficulty tiers? They seemed about the same to me. Similar health levels, for sure, though I couldn't tell if they hit any harder because they didn't really get any attacks.

Wave 8 seems to be the only difference between tiers. The Jedi Council (and especially that runt Yoda) seem to be much faster in the hard tiers.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Sidious (L) + Maul = Game, Set, Match. Toss in a few other characters cuz it's required.
  • Options
    All this blame on Maul. (Who is partly responsible)

But can we just face the fact that Jedi suck?
  • crzydroid
    7364 posts Moderator
    Options
    Looks like there is a bug with Zaul lead where leadership bonus is stacking across encounters.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

No, they don't. As a Jedi user who tops rank 1/2 everyday. I cn assure you they don't. Of course, no team is good on defense, that's why i can easily beat zauls and get easily beaten by them.

The Jedi in this event suck, but a real Arena Jedi team would be a lot different. Or even a Jedi team you get on node 11 (or 12 if you have it) of GW... When you usually need more than 1 team to beat it... So no, Jedi don't suck. ;) - be my guest: https://swgoh.gg/u/!on3punch!/
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have a zeta on Maul. I use him under a Zader lead for the offense boost, and he does lots of damage against Jedi. He killed three in a row, kept refilling his turn meter. Went first in the next round, killed all five one after another and went first again in the next round. Maul under Zader is fun.
  • Options
    The0n3 wrote: »

No, they don't. As a Jedi user who tops rank 1/2 everyday. I cn assure you they don't. Of course, no team is good on defense, that's why i can easily beat zauls and get easily beaten by them.

The Jedi in this event suck, but a real Arena Jedi team would be a lot different. Or even a Jedi team you get on node 11 (or 12 if you have it) of GW... When you usually need more than 1 team to beat it... So no, Jedi don't suck. ;) - be my guest: https://swgoh.gg/u/!on3punch!/
    Can you remove GK from that list and tell me how your team performs?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I understand that they want the event to be difficult but manageable, yet it ends up being way too easy if you maxed your team. That's what I thought the bonus tier was for, something designed for a truly maxed team, buy even then it's too easy.
  • Options
    NacciPerse wrote: »
    Started at bonus tier and made the mistake of not autoing. Absolutely no challenge. Maul killed probably 80 % of all the toons in the 8 stages. Everyone had almost full protection at end.

Ran with zaul, nihilus, ep, vader, sa.

And if it was hard and your maxed out gear and zeta'd squad got beat you would post that it was to hard and not worth the rewards.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    I understand that they want the event to be difficult but manageable, yet it ends up being way too easy if you maxed your team. That's what I thought the bonus tier was for, something designed for a truly maxed team, buy even then it's too easy.

Because it depends on the team. If you have the wrong maxed team because you didn't choose to invest in Maul or Nihilus or whatever, then it's still really hard. So they have to balance it without making it impossible for those who don't have one or two specific characters maxed.

Also anybody who isn't using Dooku to fight this event is missing out on a lot of fun.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

Can you remove GK from that list and tell me how your team performs?

Sure, before i had GK i used B2. Very efficient against Zauls. Of course, my drop rate was higher, i would drop to top 20s (nowadays i drop to top 15 if much), but i could still rank 1st everyday, no problem.

Now, if you ask about my mods, of course, i have (imo) great mods with speed secondaries (Yoda at 258 speed, and believe me, there are 270 speed Yodas out there). But those great mods are necessary to every squad, not only Jedi.

So yeah buddy, it's completely possible to prosper with Jedi. And with R2-D2 coming up, we can finally get a boost on their damage. It's gonna be great.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not saying they shouldn't get a buff or something, or that they couldn't be better than they already are. I'm sure they could work the Jedi to be even better. I'm just saying they don't suck as much as you're claiming...
  • Options
    BTW I got 15 stun cuffs from bonus tier. WAI?
  • Options
    I'm not saying they shouldn't get a buff or something, or that they couldn't be better than they already are. I'm sure they could work the Jedi to be even better. I'm just saying they don't suck as much as you're claiming...
    They're pretty bad. Not the worst, but pretty bad. There's a bounty hunter squad in my shard that places within the top 5 using a strange team; anything is possible with the right mods, setup, willpower etc. Jedi need some help. Most of their abilities are dated and their level of flexibility is low without GK and to a lesser extent, QGJ and Yoda.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    They're pretty bad. Not the worst, but pretty bad. There's a bounty hunter squad in my shard that places within the top 5 using a strange team; anything is possible with the right mods, setup, willpower etc. Jedi need some help. Most of their abilities are dated and their level of flexibility is low without GK and to a lesser extent, QGJ and Yoda.

Yeah, i agree. Maybe another zeta (on JKA) could make things better... Or a simply upgrade on the basic dmg...
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »

Because it depends on the team. If you have the wrong maxed team because you didn't choose to invest in Maul or Nihilus or whatever, then it's still really hard. So they have to balance it without making it impossible for those who don't have one or two specific characters maxed.

Also anybody who isn't using Dooku to fight this event is missing out on a lot of fun.

I did it with full First Order and it was insanely easy. I'm fine if the bonus tier also requires you to think about who is on your team, since it's a bonus tier. There needs to be a challenge for maxed teams.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Done T2 with naked zader. Retreat and done it again with EP lead.
    And last time I checked, zaul is 3x of zader on op scale.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    When it came around last time I loved it. Had to quickly build up a couple of my toons and was very satisfying when I managed to complete the bonus tier. I had to reset a few times just to get a good strategy down, and for RNG to be more in my favor.

This time, since I run an Empire team in arena I was able to do a Vader zeta lead with some other strong characters and downed it easily. Didn't even include Maul this time. I enjoy these types of events and wish they came around more often.
  • Options
    This event was garbage. I have g9 Vader, palp,maul, dooku, and had to use a g8 fotp, all of them lvl 82, I put my best mods to each of them and I don't even get a second turn with maul in tier 8.
  • Options
    TWD_Negan wrote: »
    The only thing I could say was bad about this event is the fact that I wish it gave us exclusively Jedi toon shards, and not ship shards. Would prefer barris or aayla shards to the ship shards given.

• Options
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    The OP just wanted to inflate his minuscule ego for a few hours.

Hehe best comment
  • Options
    I think the rewards were fair considering how easy it was. I didn't notice a difference between t2 and the bonus tier. Yes zMaul and Nihilus were on my team.
  • Options
    Any tips for beating the last stage in tier one? Unlike all those who have nihilus and maul, I do not have them. I breeze to the last stage just to get my **** kicked every time. It's frustrating!
  • Options

Yeah, i agree. Maybe another zeta (on JKA) could make things better... Or a simply upgrade on the basic dmg...
    Agreed
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Any tips for beating the last stage in tier one? Unlike all those who have nihilus and maul, I do not have them. I breeze to the last stage just to get my **** kicked every time. It's frustrating!

Get a 3 star nihilus and compete in top end arena and win the event, this is the problem with a character like nihilus cause now they have to take this 3 star toon into consideration while developing an event. Same goes for chaze. And yes I'm salty about it! Lol
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    BTW I got 15 stun cuffs from bonus tier. WAI?

I hope so for your sake. The RNGemperor is not as forgiving as I am.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Started at bonus tier and made the mistake of not autoing. Absolutely no challenge. Maul killed probably 80 % of all the toons in the 8 stages. Everyone had almost full protection at end.

Ran with zaul, nihilus, ep, vader, sa.

So... your issue is that your boring team is boring? Challenge yourself; build a team that isn't a faceroll. Come on, you can do it.
  • Options
    Seems thread is causing teenage angst to erupt and small minds are venting and basically blaming me for having very poop teams and thus not being able to beat an easy event. I'm loving it!

2qdDUkc.gif

• Options
    Is this just a backdoor brag thread? Is there a goal in the posting?