Arena is No Fun Anymore

2Next

Replies

• Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    Exletion wrote: »
    Speed is the most important stat but not the only important stat. Don't get that confused. I'll trade out mods with say +3 speed with crapppy other stats for another god mod that doesn't have any speed.

Who is talking about +3 speed other than you in your silly example?

When your top opponents have on top of their natural speeds in average 90-100 and you only have 70 would you not wish you had doubled, tripled or quadrupled that raise on the speed stat instead of getting +prot%, +defense or something equally useless?

The person I responded too mentioned not having any other stats at all and to only focus speed at all costs. I was just stating that if you don't have high enough speed available, it can still be better to use a different mod with huge protection/offense etc than another with terrible stats and just a small pump in speed.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options
    I agree speed is important but is not what determines the meta or we would see a bigger range of characters at the top based just off who has better speed mods.

This would eventually lead to only seeing characters with the best speed before mods being the most dominant.

It's not what determines the meta, but it is what makes the meta viable. Take that speed away from any of those meta teams and any other team with decent team composition with god speed mods will be able to beat it.

It doesn't quite work like that, speed can help some match ups but character selection is more important.

I used Rebels for a long time and they need the speed to do well. I now use an Empire team and have not even moved my speed mods off my Rebels as I use them in other parts of the game. My Empire team does a lot better than my Rebels ever could as most of the team don't require going first to do their thing.

That might be your experience in your shard, but when everyone has maxed secondary speed on their mods around +11 and +13, even the meta team will not be viable anymore if you take these speed stats away. In my shard everyone in at least the top 50 have mods of this type. If you ran an empire team with low speed secondary in your mods, there is no way you would hold rank in my shard. zMaul, zQGJ, Rex, zResistance or even the zFO would destroy. Essentially, having a meta zMaul team with +3 or +6 will never hold compared to a zMaul team with full +11 or +13 speed secondary mods.
  • Options
    I agree speed is important but is not what determines the meta or we would see a bigger range of characters at the top based just off who has better speed mods.

This would eventually lead to only seeing characters with the best speed before mods being the most dominant.

It's not what determines the meta, but it is what makes the meta viable. Take that speed away from any of those meta teams and any other team with decent team composition with god speed mods will be able to beat it.

It doesn't quite work like that, speed can help some match ups but character selection is more important.

I used Rebels for a long time and they need the speed to do well. I now use an Empire team and have not even moved my speed mods off my Rebels as I use them in other parts of the game. My Empire team does a lot better than my Rebels ever could as most of the team don't require going first to do their thing.

That might be your experience in your shard, but when everyone has maxed secondary speed on their mods around +11 and +13, even the meta team will not be viable anymore if you take these speed stats away. In my shard everyone in at least the top 50 have mods of this type. If you ran an empire team with low speed secondary in your mods, there is no way you would hold rank in my shard. zMaul, zQGJ, Rex, zResistance or even the zFO would destroy. Essentially, having a meta zMaul team with +3 or +6 will never hold compared to a zMaul team with full +11 or +13 speed secondary mods.

I'm not disagreeing that a zmaul team with +13 speeds would have an advantage over a zmaul team with +3 but if speed was the most important than the +13 speeds would let you beat any team regardless of who you or your opponent is using if they have less speed. Your team selection is a lot more important.

If I use a team of random characters with +13 speed mods vs a team that works well together against the meta and have little in the way of speed I would win more matches with the second team.
  • Darek
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Arena is very boring and completely no fun of it. Only reason why to play in arena, is crystals other prizes are useless, for players that playing longer time, even shards for arena currency are mostly useless. IMO supposed to be a legendary character for 145 shards, and players be granted adequate numbers of shards depends what position in arena they are. System the same as like is in raids for GK and HS. That could motivate people to play in arena. But it is only my opinion
  • Options
    I have 4 zetas on my team and it makes zero difference. It's all about who has the God mods, that's simply it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I have 4 zetas on my team and it makes zero difference. It's all about who has the God mods, that's simply it.

that's just a ridiculous statement. That same team without those 4 zeta's is way worse. If you mean you're still getting beat by better modded/faster teams i'm willing to wager that those teams also beat you in a battle without mods (on both sides ofcourse).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

It's all about RNG. This game has gone from 'strategy' to just RNG.
  • Exletion
    649 posts Member
    Options

I'm not disagreeing that a zmaul team with +13 speeds would have an advantage over a zmaul team with +3 but if speed was the most important than the +13 speeds would let you beat any team regardless of who you or your opponent is using if they have less speed. Your team selection is a lot more important.

If I use a team of random characters with +13 speed mods vs a team that works well together against the meta and have little in the way of speed I would win more matches with the second team.

I completely disagree with that last paragraph. Except for a few rare builds, if you don't have the speed secondary built up on your team, you will not be able to challenge moderately synergied team that do. Of course if your enemy is fielding CUP or tusken raider or something of that like, I agree, but against anyone who puts effort into their synergy will more often then not be victorious with higher speed mods compared to those without. I know you will probably disagree with this, but we might just have to agree to disagree.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of arena either since it is just about who has the better speed mods at the top levels, and win/loss is very dependent on RNG. Lost to one guy today, and he had 4 guys still standing. Fought him again, and I had 4 guys standing... Plus, while there is more variety than there has ever been since I began playing i'd like to see more.
  • Options
    Biggest problem is the whale guilds who hold the top spots simply because they spend the tons of crystal to get there and then proceed to block for each other in those spots for over half an hour before reset. Whales are rewarded more than anyone in this game and there is really no effort made to prevent such exploitive position holding. Guess how easy that would be to fix... DON'T LET MEMBERS OF THE SAME GUILD TO FIGHT EACH OTHER! Then squad arena would stop being such a fakery and more like he name of it suggests.
  • Options
    Biggest problem is the whale guilds who hold the top spots simply because they spend the tons of crystal to get there and then proceed to block for each other in those spots for over half an hour before reset. Whales are rewarded more than anyone in this game and there is really no effort made to prevent such exploitive position holding. Guess how easy that would be to fix... DON'T LET MEMBERS OF THE SAME GUILD TO FIGHT EACH OTHER! Then squad arena would stop being such a fakery and more like he name of it suggests.

+1