9/10 Rex teams! So r2-d2 become useless before release?

Prev1
Hurkan
77 posts Member
Last month, previous discussion; https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/102967/9-10-zaul-teams-funny#latest

Today ; https://youtu.be/wF4LgzahX0c
There is still no balance on the game and new meta is Rex. So r2-d2 become useless before release isn't it?

Replies

• Options
    Why does rex impact r2 's use??
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options
    R2 is designed as anti zaul. It can't do anything againist Rex meta
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    R2 will allow Jedi, Clones, Rogue One, classic Rebels, and Resistance to all beat Sith.

I run Rex and I hate it. Boring team.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    No. Res and Jedi are about to be buffed and already smack rex teams around. Once those teams become more prelevant maul will come back. It's a cycle.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    not all shards are the same. In mine, 17 out of 20 are currently Zaul leads.... so..... r2 would seem like an incredible equalizer.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    I hope R2 will help some other teams out and bring some changes to the leaderboards
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Right, because R2's ONLY use will be as anti-Zaul? Child, please.
  • Hurkan
    77 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I hope R2 will help some other teams out and bring some changes to the leaderboards

I hope so but I think still Rex will be meta. R2 have synergy with Rex teams. So still we will see 9/10 same teams
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Hurkan wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

I hope so but I think still Rex will be meta. R2 have synergy with Rex teams. So still we will see 9/10 same teams

Probably.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    R2 will allow Jedi, Clones, Rogue One, classic Rebels, and Resistance to all beat Sith.

Yup, R2 will bring a lot more possibilities for Light Side team comps.

I easily see Jedi and Rogue One teams benefiting quite a bit from R2.

I mean, you could run zQGJ, GK, Aayla, Yoda and R2 now and with the accuracy buff your team gets AND the evasion down R2 can do with his AoE AND the 80% stun on his basic, it would probably render zMaul teams pretty helpless.

Oh yeah, Light Side allies also dispel all debuffs on themselves when they score a critical hit.
  • Options
    It isn't as if you can't debuff Rex teams. I beat the typical Rex/Chaze/GK/Nihilus teams with Old Ben/zYoda/EP/Boba/STH.

My team is awful without it's debuffs and no doubt Rex teams don't have issues against me, but it doesn't keep it from winning (and being very fun) on offense.

R2-D2 will get used successfully by people who want to use him.
  • Options
    Rex is only meta against teams that rely on debuffs (e.g., Sith). Me, I LOVE a Rex team in arena. I run a zQGJ lead Jedi team and smack Rex teams around with ease.
  • Options
    rebels baze combo +r2-d2= rip rex...
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    Options
    I think R2 is going to be useful for players who are strong, but have stayed loyal to a non heroic tank guild. He may also give resistance a push to make them arena viable, but we will have to see.
  • Options
    I think R2 is going to be useful for players who are strong, but have stayed loyal to a non heroic tank guild. He may also give resistance a push to make them arena viable, but we will have to see.

I'm waiting for this, Resistance more useful for Arena
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What are u talking about R2, it's just OP! People are asking to nerf even before release, lol. And yes he is awesome.

But all that talk about the rising empire and they make some average rework on veers and troopers, and deal with it!

On other hand they will release R2 who has a very good kit and will make any light side a dispeler ( while empire still looking for it), plus can stealth big arena problems like wiggs or chaze.

Nonetheless, people talk on discord/line chats how discontent they are with a promissed land for empire (after pushing hard on upgrading many toons), but instead they will make light side squad greater again. Even with all that complaining about rebels already. Who can understand devs...
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    What are u talking about R2 is just OP, people are asking to nerf even berefore release, lol. And yes he is awesome.

But all that talk about the rising empire and they make some average rework on veers and troopers, and that's it.

On other hand they will release R2 who has a very good kit and will make any light side a dispeler ( while empire still looking for it), plus can stealth big arena problems like wiggs or chaze.

Nonetheless, people talk on discord/line chats how discontent they are with a promissed land for empire (after pushing hard on upgrading many toons), but instead they will make light side squad greater again. Even with all that complaining about rebels already. Who can understand devs...

Well, update isn't until tomorrow, they could still give us some more Empire goodness.
  • TZangetsu14
    221 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I smack some rex teams around with my FO group
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Looking in-depth at what they r doing for troopers, to include Veers lead and unique...i believe ppl r undervaluing them.

Shore will give crit immunity and a heal 2 himself as well on taunt.

Snow will do far more damage and kills boost team tm in addition to all the tm gains from getting buffs.

Death Trooper paired w/ Krennic would round it out. Yes, I know Krennic's lead is broken, but he won't b leading.

U end up w/ a very tanky, very fast, hard-hitting team that can weather not going 1st just fine.
  • Nightwolve
    582 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just wait and see....
    I think this event won't be as easy as Palpatine's event.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Hurkan wrote: »
    There is still no balance on the game and new meta is Rex. So r2-d2 become useless before release isn't it?

Any new usefull droid is most welcome.

• Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    If one thing is constant in these forums is that the jumping to conclusions will always be. e.g. when the QGJ zeta was announced there was wailing and gnashing of teeth cause how op Jedi were going to be with his lead and the rest is history. Anyway, let's just see what really happens.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    If one thing is constant in these forums is that the jumping to conclusions will always be. e.g. when the QGJ zeta was announced there was wailing and gnashing of teeth cause how op Jedi were going to be with his lead and the rest is history. Anyway, let's just see what really happens.

No kidding!
  • Options
    14/20 are Zaul leads on my Shard. Rex is the only equalizer. Can't wait for R2
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ohh he'll definately be usefull to me in my Jedi team, Rex teams are pretty easy for me to beat, i hope zaul vanishes hehehe
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    Options
    If you're shard is 9/10 Rex, switch to something else! Hardly any teams/factions can fight Maul. So many team compositions can fight Rex. I am praying for the day Rex takes over so I can switch to something exciting!
  • CUFCfan616
    279 posts Member
    Options

This is why I don't pay attention to the meta of the month. I'd rather run a squad that I find fun (empire) and finish between 200 & 50. It makes me enjoy the game more rather than going through forums to work out what micro management I need to do to stay 'competitive'
  • Mewingloki
    515 posts Member
    Options
    CUFCfan616 wrote: »

This is why I don't pay attention to the meta of the month. I'd rather run a squad that I find fun (empire) and finish between 200 & 50. It makes me enjoy the game more rather than going through forums to work out what micro management I need to do to stay 'competitive'

Every couple of days I try and tell myself that I'd be happy only getting 100 free crystals a day instead of 500 if it meant having more fun - and then I keep playing Rex(L) >.< The payout difference between "playing the ideal" versus "playing what I actually want to play" is just too staggering....

Almost seems like finishing in the top 5 that very first time was my biggest mistake - no going back after that lol....
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    At the top arena meta, yes for purposes of facing zDM R2 has been obsolete for a at least a month because zDM hasn't been the best squad for at least that long.

In general though across most of the playerbase R2 will be huge for arena teams to drop him in and counter zDM. This will increase the win rate of more squads vs. zDM in general and especially those that can't run multiple cleanse configurations. Will likely also help zQGJ teams that don't have GK. He should help a lot of teams on offense across the game close the gap on zDM teams.

For top 10/20 arena though on competitive shards R2 really has no impact in terms of zDM though because Maul is already 2nd tier and has been for some time.