9/10 Rex teams! So r2-d2 become useless before release?

2Next

Replies

• Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    At the top arena meta, yes for purposes of facing zDM R2 has been obsolete for a at least a month because zDM hasn't been the best squad for at least that long.

In general though across most of the playerbase R2 will be huge for arena teams to drop him in and counter zDM. This will increase the win rate of more squads vs. zDM in general and especially those that can't run multiple cleanse configurations. Will likely also help zQGJ teams that don't have GK. He should help a lot of teams on offense across the game close the gap on zDM teams.

For top 10/20 arena though on competitive shards R2 really has no impact in terms of zDM though because Maul is already 2nd tier and has been for some time.

Just because 1 team composition can easily beat maul doesn't mean maul hasn't been the best team. The obvious fact that zaul is so OP against every other team justifies them as the best. Rex cleanse team sucks against most other factions in the game.
  • Options
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    At the top arena meta, yes for purposes of facing zDM R2 has been obsolete for a at least a month because zDM hasn't been the best squad for at least that long.

In general though across most of the playerbase R2 will be huge for arena teams to drop him in and counter zDM. This will increase the win rate of more squads vs. zDM in general and especially those that can't run multiple cleanse configurations. Will likely also help zQGJ teams that don't have GK. He should help a lot of teams on offense across the game close the gap on zDM teams.

For top 10/20 arena though on competitive shards R2 really has no impact in terms of zDM though because Maul is already 2nd tier and has been for some time.

Just because 1 team composition can easily beat maul doesn't mean maul hasn't been the best team. The obvious fact that zaul is so OP against every other team justifies them as the best. Rex cleanse team sucks against most other factions in the game.

"Best team" is an arbitrary concept. All I know and have observed for the past few months is that 3x cleanse holds best on D relative to any other D slot and crushes everything on offense. There may be some builds that beat Rex that struggle vs. zDM....but saying Rex cleanse team "sucks against most other factions in the game" is an extreme exaggeration that I hope is hyperbole rather than an attempt at stating a fact.

If you believe in your heart zDM is the best team than feel free to build him and have a lot of fun.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options

"Best team" is an arbitrary concept. All I know and have observed for the past few months is that 3x cleanse holds best on D relative to any other D slot and crushes everything on offense. There may be some builds that beat Rex that struggle vs. zDM....but saying Rex cleanse team "sucks against most other factions in the game" is an extreme exaggeration that I hope is hyperbole rather than an attempt at stating a fact.

If you believe in your heart zDM is the best team than feel free to build him and have a lot of fun.

Lol this guy. Here's a list for you of teams that steam roll rex teams
    Jedi
    Fo
    Res
    Nihlus lead
    And with the addition of r2, classic wiggs+ chaze will probably make a comeback and steam roll rex too. All these teams struggle to beat zaul. The only reason the rex triple cleanse is so popular is because of maul. This is a fact. Please open your mind a little and try to understand this.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Lol this guy. Here's a list for you of teams that steam roll rex teams
    Jedi
    Fo
    Res
    Nihlus lead
    And with the addition of r2, classic wiggs+ chaze will probably make a comeback and steam roll rex too. All these teams struggle to beat zaul. The only reason the rex triple cleanse is so popular is because of maul. This is a fact. Please open your mind a little and try to understand this.

This is bad info. Elite Jedi and elite DN leads do not struggle with defeating zDM at all. Elite DN leads are hard for zDM teams to beat on offense even. Also, on my board, and on others that have made the same point that you refuse to acknowledge, zDM is GONE mostly and has been for some time. This didn't just happen, it's already been experienced. Yet, 3x cleanse remains. The point isn't that it can't be beaten, but it's the best thing to put in a D relative to other builds. Res and FO, in general, really aren't in the discussion at all because they are so poor on D as to make them irrelevant in many cases in arena. The fact that they, along with Jedi and DN, can defeat 3x cleanse doesn't matter. What matters is 3x cleanse is a team that can play better than most in a D slot AND crush on offense. Best option does not mean the same thing as unbeatable.

There will be no cycle rebound where the zDM leader spikes back up significantly. He's been on a downward trend for more more than a month now and that generally is going to continue going forward.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Look at r2s kit! He's going to make quite a few teams more viable. Rex and Maul will still be viable, but this does make way for a bit more diversity
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Zaul isn't second tier. People are running the rex squad because of Zaul. LOTS teams beat Rex. Try DN for example.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Rock, paper scissors
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Rex beats Maul, Maul beats Jedi, Jedi beats Rex. My shard is full of Rex, in fact the 8 first ones of yesterday are Rex. Only 8 zMaul in the top 50. The same amount for zQGJ, some zVader, Rebels, one Res and FO and some DN lead.

Rex brings a solution to zMaul but also more diversity in the arena, allowing other teams to be viable. Advantage is that I can jump over the zMaul to have a better ranking at the payout.

R2 will allow full Light side teams to be more viable. A lot of Rex are not full Light side teams and include B2, DN, Kylo or Boba.
  • UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

R1 roflstomps Zaul. SA + Zaul is way worse.
    Also, I highly believe triple cleanse is quite a versatile team. Works against every past meta.

edit-spelling.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Options
    The only reason why I'm waiting for R2 is to see if he can boost zCody + Clones a bit. The only problem is, I am not sure who I should take out for him :/