699 Crystal "Group" pack - All chars or just one?

Prev1
DarkISI
91 posts Member
Okay, no clue if the new 699 crystal pack is called "Group Pack" in English, since I'm for some **** reason running the German client and it is the best translation I could come up with. Sorry, if I'm wrong with it.
Anyway, it should potentially yield 10 - 330 shards for a lot of characters. Does it only contain shards for one of them, always for all of them or potentially somewhere between one and all?
I have no idea, since the German description text isn't very precise and could mean all of the options. Any help would be appreciated, since it would make it easier to determine, if the pack is worth the crystals or not.

Replies

• Options
    Only one. Bad luck-EA missed the mark with this one again.
  • Engels
    90 posts Member
    Options
    bought once. 12 storntroopers.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    I tried also one, got 12 snowtrooper shards. Seems that 330 points is 0.000000000000000000000001%. Usual.
  • DarkISI
    91 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, so it is worthless. ;)

Thank you guys
  • Options
    Worthless packs as always minus the once in a lifetime semi helpful not worth it pack
  • Options
    I bought one and got 10 Veers, which is pretty typical for me. If I buy character packs, I never get bonus shards, just the bare minimum. x.x I was hoping for some TFP since I want to get him up to the next level before the event ends. Especially since I KNOW I'm not going to reach tier VII, I'd like to at least unlock R2.
  • Gucci
    178 posts Member
    Options
    Just bought 1 for heck of it. 20 tarkin shards.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Options
    20 ! That's a record so far :smiley:
  • VoodooKing
    101 posts Member
    Options
    12 krennic shards. lousy
  • LenoraLupin
    420 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Gucci wrote: »
    Just bought 1 for heck of it. 20 tarkin shards.

That's what I was worried about getting. I was afraid that the RNG would be cruel enough, out of all the options there, to give me shards of the one character I already had 7*. Thankfully it wasn't the case.
  • OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    Options
    You change the game language with changing your system language. :wink:
  • Options
    It is a very tempting gamble as I have never seen the possibility of winning a full 7* character for 700 crystals.
  • Options
    I actually tried 3, yeah I know, I was either stupid or too optimist, anyway i received in total 25 stormtrooper shards and 10 Magmatrooper shards. For the same price I could have had 24 Shoretrooper shards and 60 crystals saved for darker days. So my advice: buy as many as you can :)
  • Options
    I actually tried 3, yeah I know, I was either **** or too optimist, anyway i received in total 25 stormtrooper shards and 10 Magmatrooper shards. For the same price I could have had 24 Shoretrooper shards and 60 crystals saved for darker days. So my advice: buy as many as you can :)

35 shards from 3 buy ? well its a joke its like lottery. I got 12 snowtropper from one buy btw. I could buy one more till the end of the event but if its not snowtropper its really not worth so i think i will skip it
  • Schyur
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bought the max 10 just to see. Never got more than 20 shards, 9 of which ( If i remember correctly) were 10-12 shards.

I'm pretty sure this model violates some gambling laws out there somewhere.

In my honest opinion? Drop rates are so terrible that even if the claimed '300' or w/e actually exists, you've a better chance of winning your national/state lottery- so if you want to spend money on this game, only do it when the drops are guaranteed.

Shame on the developers and EA for making this, and shame on me for giving it a try.
    It is a very tempting gamble as I have never seen the possibility of winning a full 7* character for 700 crystals.

It's tempting because that's the way it is designed. It wouldn't be nearly as tempting if they published the odds.

Most games that have this sort of shady stuff going on at least split rewards/prizes into 'common-uncommon-rare-ultra rare' sort of a thing so you have a slight idea about the risk:reward. These guys don't even bother with that, which makes a person far less risk-adverse.
  • spaceship
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So from 9 buy the average is 12,5555
    With the record amount with 20 not 330 :smiley:
    Its really p2w they really should increase the drop rates :disappointed:
  • J1XL
    3 posts Member
    Options
    I bought 1 and got 12 shards of Veers.

RIGHT after that, they advertise the May the 4th Crystals deal for $10. Very dangerous for the easily addicted.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys, I most definitely won't buy any pack, no matter how tempting it may be.
    I kinda feel sorry for you in the meantime but still, thanks for taking one for the team !
  • Options
    Bought 3... waste of money. Tarkin 12 shards royal guard 10 shards and stormtrooper 20 shards. Safe to say I won't be buying the other 7 I'm allowed to buy
  • Options
    Bough one on my junk account just for kicks... Got 250 SHORETROOPER shards. I've finally stopped crying and cursing a few moments ago.
  • Options
    If you haven't figured out by now that packs are a ripoff, you haven't been paying attention. NEVER buy the packs. Never.
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Bough one on my junk account just for kicks... Got 250 SHORETROOPER shards. I've finally stopped crying and cursing a few moments ago.

hah, you quite possibly just increased their revenue by several thousand with this one post, gave people hope.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    15 Royal Guard here
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • MykCnoE
    116 posts Member
    Options

Pictures, or it didn't happen :)
  • Options
    I got 50 Veers Shards
  • Options
    I got 50 Veers Shards
    I didn't buy a pack yet, but I would have loved to get that.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    Options
    I spun it just because i felt like doing it once. Got a fairly good deal! 12 shore shards. Better buy then shard shop.
  • Mrjenkins
    383 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I got 85 krenic shards, was disappointed cause he's still not usable for 5 staring the event for me but it looks like I do did quite well
  • Options
    I got 50 Veers Shards
    I didn't buy a pack yet, but I would have loved to get that.

Can't figure out how to post picture, but yeah. Got 12 shoretrooper the next pack. Not pressing my luck any further.
    The 50 Veer shards led me to buy his pack lol. So I guess EA got me there
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    I like the other $20 packs better.. Those are something more in the realm of a decent offer.

80 hard node shards, and some starting gear (not that we don't have 1000 of each anyways)... Isn't bad.

They are just testing the water... the other 5 or 30 packs probably didn't go ever too well and they are trying to make it more tempting. 10 shards min is better than 5. The part where they try to fool you is the large pool of characters where you could be getting extra shards rather than ones that are actually the valuable hard node ones.