Remove characters faces/animations during fleet battles

2Next

Replies

• MilMuertes
    315 posts Member
    Options
    Next thread by this guy will be complaining about lightsaber sounds when you look at jedi characters when gearing them
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    For me is a welcome addition!
  • Options
    Did it fix ships? No. Did it make it more immersive and enhance the Star Wars experience? I believe so. +1 for the new animations.

Agree I thought seeing the actual pilot at first was cool - I believe they also added sound so that when the ship is destroyed you hear the character as well. I don't think that was there before either so they definitely brought the pilot in to the battle moreso.

Have to agree with others on the targeting though - does get frustrating when the camera pans out for the cap ship generally and an enemy ship you wanted to target is unselectable. That's a really big deal actually.
  • Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Next thread by this guy will be complaining about lightsaber sounds when you look at jedi characters when gearing them

The backgrounds in this game are just TOO DISTRACTING. How am I supposed to be a competitive, pro SWGOH player when I'm constantly distracted by the existence of things in the background?! They're unnecessary and should be removed! /s
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    I say NO to you... I like the new look and animations.

+1
    I love it too!
    ...in other news Angry Old Man yells at sky...
  • Options
    I hope there's even more on the way. Make them bigger I say
  • Options
    I swear is was suggested a long while back. but honestly, if that thing is occupying too much space you must be using a really small screen...?
  • Options
    I love the animation. I crack up every time I see a character jumping around his ship as he is getting hit.

lol yeah that part is hecka funny -- almost makes me want to bring the battle down to 1x speed.
  • Manny415
    322 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You have issues if this bugs you that much... OCD much?

+1 4 different x-wings. 2 different U-Wings. I like to know who I'm killing
  • Alrikster
    173 posts Member
    Options
    At least give us an option to fade it out. To me these faces are useless and extremely annoying.
  • Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »

And whether they are wearing helmets or not
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    I liked a lot these new animations! They make the battles more fun for me because I just auto them and now I can watch pilots inside the ships getting destroyed. So cute.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    We need more like this:

tenor.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the new animations. But yes, clicking on them ships is tough sometimes. Gotta do something about that.

Anyway, animations stay! Sorry, no soup for you!
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    We need more like this:

tenor.gif

Lol. I agree.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    Really the only thing that bugs me is the quality of the animations. Other than that, they look pretty cool, and watching Ackbar the entire time was getting old.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I like it. Reminds me of the old school n64 kind of graphics.

Youngsters living on ps3 and up might not like things like this, but us Atari nes sega people are probably more thrilled then not.
  • jvvil
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I'm doing fleet battles again where I use to just retreat. Love the new visuals, so no.
  • Options
    I want to see their flesh begin to melt before their screen goes blank.
  • Options
    If you don't know that Poe is piloting Poe's X-Wing, then I don't know what to say (or risk being banned)

There's already enough going on-screen during the battles, these changes just create an even bigger cluster**** as far as visuals; we have enough covering the screen as-is

I will admit that watching the pilots spaz out is funny, but they're still creepy af

#snowflakes

I like them. I advise you to stick a small piece of duct tape on the corner of your screen so you don't have to see them.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Animation is subjective, so it is most likely stays. But seriously, we have people who can't tell ****'s from Wedge's X-Wings? B)
    Post edited by DrewR on
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Wow what a pointless thread. It doesn't affect gameplay one tiny bit
  • Options
    Idk about the rest of you, but I kinda like watching their weird faces getting blown up one by one.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    I agree there should be at least a button to turn their faces on/off. That would solve it.
  • Syfo_Diaz
    37 posts Member
    Options
    I can take it or leave it. I can't always tell biggs and wedge apart when calling assists and it does nothing to solve this.

Have to agree with those saying the development time would have been better spent fixing the targeting issues, that drives me mental!!
  • Options
    Definitely cool. The ships have no personality, watching the cheese brothers scream and die is far superior.

However, maybe we can have an arrow next to the Pilot? Then you can toggle through the 5 enemy ships? A toggle would help immensely. And with the face of the toon up, and the ship having a circle around it, one hopes anyone with giant fingers (me...) can then target whomever fairly easily.

Woo, sure thing, that toggle... would be nice....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't know that Poe is piloting Poe's X-Wing, then I don't know what to say (or risk being banned)

There's already enough going on-screen during the battles, these changes just create an even bigger cluster**** as far as visuals; we have enough covering the screen as-is

I will admit that watching the pilots spaz out is funny, but they're still creepy af

#snowflakes

4x animation mode

18655372.gif