cantina drops reduced?

vlado
10 posts Member
Before last update i was able to farm around 10-20 shard of lamdo each day, using all cantina emergy +2x100 purchased. (8 energy per battle)
After update i am around 5-7 with the same amount of energy used.
Was drop rate reduced or what?

Replies

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    i highly doubt it
  • Options
    My drop rate seems about the same. Probably just bad RNG.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Just rng, ive gone through spells of good and bad farming tfp right now. B2 tool forever it seemed as well.
  • Options
  • Options
    You're telling me you got 20 shards a day? Seems like you just had awesome rng for a while. But to answer your question, I usually get 4 Snowtrooper shards per refresh so 4/12 for the 33%. Seems right
  • Options
    You're telling me you got 20 shards a day? Seems like you just had awesome rng for a while. But to answer your question, I usually get 4 Snowtrooper shards per refresh so 4/12 for the 33%. Seems right

Remember, he's also buying two refreshes a day as well. Still.. 10-20 shards a day is still very good. For example lets say you spend 300 cantina energy a day including your refreshes. 300/8 means 37 tries times .33 (which is pretty much the agreed upon rate for shard drops) is 12.3. So the average amount of shards you should be getting with that much energy using the 8 energy node is 12 shards but if you're getting anything more that that, you're getting good RNG.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    If you were able to get 20 shards from about 350 energy, you were getting incredibly lucky. The tide has turned to even out the average RNG.
  • Options
    It took me just over 3 weeks to farm lando to 7*, moved onto tfp who was around the same, wedge took me ages though. Probably around 6 weeks in total and I unlocked him solely from fleet. The rest farmed. Just have good days and bad days is all, seems you've just had very good luck lol
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Veritasum wrote: »
    If you were able to get 20 shards from about 350 energy, you were getting incredibly lucky. The tide has turned to even out the average RNG.
    Daily cantina energy + 2 refreshes + bonus energy would be 405 energy a day. That's 50 tries at 8 energy, which ends up being about 17 shards a day on average. 10-20 a day sounds about right.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    vlado wrote: »
    Before last update i was able to farm around 10-20 shard of lamdo each day, using all cantina emergy +2x100 purchased. (8 energy per battle)

Yes they got reduced, I haven't got zetas in weeks
  • Options
    vlado wrote: »

I'm having a lot less shards from cantina, granted. Glad i'm not the only one noticing it. Bad RnG sure sure, but it's been like this for a week now. To hell with RnG tbh...
  • chuckwing
    679 posts Member
    Options
    No. I am getting 18% drop rate on sa shards so far. Seems legit lol
  • Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    No. I am getting 18% drop rate on sa shards so far. Seems legit lol
    SA, ST, and DT all seem to be a bit lower for me. Aside from those I'm around 33
  • dogwelder79
    1501 posts Member
    Options
    20 shards??? Even with 2 refills, I've only ever been so lucky during double-drop day. Just be thankful that you had an extremely good luck during some days, because some have never been able to enjoy that. Today, 1 bar + 1 refill got me 1 Lando shard in total.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Cantina? Some days are bad, some days are awesome. Yesterday spent 3 tickets and got 3 shards. Today, it was more like 33%, which seems to be average over time. Keep track for at least a week and see what the numbers are. So far, most the mathematical minds I talk with say it's really close to 33% OVER TIME. Spending only enough energy for 10 pulls is not enough info to decide what the drop rate is or isn't.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107