Why do i need sith assassin in my Sith team again?

Prev1
BIEBERyoloSWAG
115 posts Member
edited May 2017
I am running zaul gr 10, zavage gr 10 (zeta tomorrow), palpatine gr 10, nihlus gr 8 but soon 9, and everyone says to replace my gr 9 Vader with sith assassin. Not going to lie Vader is a monster with his debuffs and sword throw.

Why am i replacing him? What does sa bring to the table? Please talk strategy

Replies

• Darknessie
    364 posts Member
    Options
    It's all about the speed zader loses his tanky place to zavage at some point.
  • Options
    If you mod Sith Assassin fast enough to make the first move, she uses her stealth ability and boosts the Zaul squad's turn meters so that they all take their turns before the opposing squad does.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    You don't need her at all. You might not fall as far on defence with her in your lineup.
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    drugs-8.gif
  • BIEBERyoloSWAG
    115 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    K right now I'm at 58 rank as of today with out her and zavage. Just regular savage. I jumped up about 100 over night because i geared up to 10 on maul and savage. I'm liking Vader but if she can get me higher ranks i may switch.

58 doesn't seem to be my cap either. I Just ran out of arena fights
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Because she's fast?
    Because she boosts TM for the whole crew?
    Because she's evasive and moderately tanky?
    Because she can stun?
    Because she does good damage?
    Because she has stealth?
    Because she's one of the best characters in game (w/ a sith team) at the moment?

Better question is how can you not use her? She's my favorite character in game and hard carries my Zaul team... well, beside Trooper of course.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Don't get me wrong. She will help and is an upgrade over Vader due to all of the points above. But you don't need her. I take 1st with a zMaul team without her.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    She's essential in a Sith team.

Her TM boosts are priceless

Her stealth is useful

Her one shot kills are insane

Her ability to hit hard is extremely useful

She's also easy to mod up for speed - what's not to like?
  • Options
    Huh, I always pick out those SA teams for an easy climb.
    So squishy. Another weak spot. And seldom 7*.
    Trooper is massive though.
    SA without trooper is a free win from my experience.
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    I suggest you read her abilities. In most shards, speed is important and that's what she brings to the Sith. If speed is not important in your shard, then carry on.
  • Options
    Huh, I always pick out those SA teams for an easy climb.
    So squishy. Another weak spot. And seldom 7*.
    Trooper is massive though.
    SA without trooper is a free win from my experience.
    And she is one of only a couple characters who is fast enough to trigger Sith Trooper's taunt so early that it's potentially equal to a pre-battle taunt. So Assassin and Trooper go well together, naturally.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    She's essential in a Sith team.

Her TM boosts are priceless

Her stealth is useful

Her one shot kills are insane

Her ability to hit hard is extremely useful

She's also easy to mod up for speed - what's not to like?
    How could I forget these points, especially the fact that she can one shot. She's the hardest hitting character on my team, provided her bonuses are stacked.
  • sneeyatch
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone put this up here. I've been focused on STrooper for a while along with Nihilus. Trooper is just plain awesome, so once I'm done with him, I'm going to start working Assassin. I've heard good things about her, now I'm convinced she'll be next to work on.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vader's not really an arena toon. I know he seems awesome on attack, but he's really slow and AI doesn't know how to use him. Sometimes under a Palp lead I might stun him. But I usually leave him until last, even with a Zader lead. He's just not that much of a threat.
  • Options
    Shall I replace my 9.2 K Boba by my 5.5 K SA on my arena squad:
    My team is: Maul (z), Palp, DN, Kylo, Boba (maybe SA). Any tips are welcome!
  • Options

I think that I will create a thread
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, get him out.
  • Options
    Don't bother. The Maul meta is dead now that we'll be seeing R2 pop up in high tier arena teams knocking Maul down further than Rex triple cleanse teams did.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Don't bother. The Maul meta is dead now that we'll be seeing R2 pop up in high tier arena teams knocking Maul down further than Rex triple cleanse teams did.
    My gosh this bandwagon nonsense
  • Options

Lol hey R2 is a great toon. Just yesterday I took out a zaul team with GK and managed to beat them with my droid team taking out Nebit and using R2 in his place. Before then, I had never taken out a zaul team without losing any of my toons. Its not nonsense, its happening. You should adjust your team comp.
  • Options

Lol hey R2 is a great toon. Just yesterday I took out a zaul team with GK and managed to beat them with my droid team taking out Nebit and using R2 in his place. Before then, I had never taken out a zaul team without losing any of my toons. Its not nonsense, its happening. You should adjust your team comp.

Never thought I found myself saying this, being a droid player for 6 months. But I believe full sith squads under zMaul lead will be viable for a long long time. With r2, more people are able to beat them, which is a good thing. Awesome to see droids are able to beat Maul squads as well!

On offence, Maul is still superior. With sith assassin, they will go first. This is what makes them great, even without dodge.

Offtopic: How good is sith trooper? I'm not sure if Sith Trooper or General Kenobi should take the 5th spot in: zMaul(L), Sith assassin, zNihilius and zSavage.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • TheChampionBum
    340 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

On offence, Maul is still superior. With sith assassin, they will go first. This is what makes them great, even without dodge.

I don't know about that. Base speed considering, JE and R2 are both faster than SA. Mod them to be quick enough and the entire droid team will attack before SA makes a move. R2 burns them, causing evasion down, and IG88 or HK can ability block the entire team. Once that ability block is on them, its over. Focus attacks on Zaul, and he'll be dead without ever making a move.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

I don't know about that. Base speed considering, JE and R2 are both faster than SA. Mod them to be quick enough and the entire droid team will attack before SA makes a move. R2 burns them, causing evasion down, and IG88 or HK can ability block the entire team. Once that ability block is on them, its over. Focus attacks on Zaul, and he'll be dead without ever making a move.

You have to multiply SA's speed by 1.25 to get her opening round speed under Zaul. You'd have to have an insanely modded JE to be faster than her. No way to get an R2 that fast by himself (without recalibrate).
    Offtopic: How good is sith trooper? I'm not sure if Sith Trooper or General Kenobi should take the 5th spot in: zMaul(L), Sith assassin, zNihilius and zSavage.

6 or one-half dozen tbh. GK is viable in more comps than Trooper, but Trooper benefits from zaul's leader ability (dodge).
  • Options

You know you have to multiply sith assassin her starting speed with 1,25 right? Because of the zMaul(L) bonus.

For example:
    Sith assassin base speed (151) + speed from mods (100) * 1,25 = 314 starting speed
    Jawa Engineer base speed (153) + speed form mods (100) + droid speed bonus (50) = 303 starting speed.

Conclusion: it will be hard for JE to outspeed a sith squad.

SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Would SA be a benefit in a zVader team? There's not a lot of buffers there, but speed again is king. zVader, TFP, Boba, zSid, DN currently.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    Would SA be a benefit in a zVader team? There's not a lot of buffers there, but speed again is king. zVader, TFP, Boba, zSid, DN currently.

Yes. And if you find you need survivability use somebody like STrooper or GK as well. TFP and Boba would be the two to be replaced in that scenario.
  • Options

You know you have to multiply sith assassin her starting speed with 1,25 right? Because of the zMaul(L) bonus.

For example:
    Sith assassin base speed (151) + speed from mods (100) * 1,25 = 314 starting speed
    Jawa Engineer base speed (153) + speed form mods (100) + droid speed bonus (50) = 303 starting speed.

Completely forgot about Zaul's speed boost. I guess I just haven't faced any SA's yet that's been faster than my JE. Good thing to keep in mind.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

That doesn't mean Zaul is dead, it just means there are more teams to the mix. Again, bandwagon nonsense.

Edit: Also you beat a Zaul team on your shard and automatically the entire Zaul comp across all shards is dead? Really dude?
    Post edited by Jedi_Reach_ on
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options

For example:

Also this.

A fast SA (like mine) will always get the first go.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    You don't need sith assassin.

Darth mauls zeta (the insta TM part) is GROSSLY GAME BREAKING OVERPOWERED AND UNNECESSARY.

You 'should' need SA, if fast enough she can make your entire team go first....

But you don't, because of the above.

The end.