So now Zaul is dead what arena squad should i make?

2Next

Replies

• sneeekypants
    1914 posts Member
    Options
    R2 can't hold on defense, zaul isn't going anywhere.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Juex777 wrote: »
    Rogue 1 sub r2 for K2SO should be interesting. Maybe if Zaul goes away mostly R2 won't be the strongest 5th.
    I wouldn't think that taking K2S0 out of the R1 comp would be a good idea against Zaul. With K2S0's special you can land Daze and buff immunity on someone at once. Now that Sith can't evade, isn't crit immune, won't gain tm, and can't go stealth. Plus he is one of the two toons in that comp guaranteed to not get dazed by Zaul if Cassian is present.

Personally I always felt that K2S0 and Chirrut is a better combo than Baze and Chirrut. His taunt is much harder to get past than Baze's with Chirrut present. He starts with tenacity up so he won't get debuffed early on, which means constant counterattacks. He also has 100% chance to taunt if he is buffed, and he will basically always be buffed. You can use Chirrut's cleanse to keep the tenacity up on him routinely. If you buff wipe him, he gets a HoT and counterattacks which is guaranteed to give him a taunt because of the HoT. It's very tough to get off of him. Baze being present actually makes him less of a threat because he steals focus.

Basically I would take Baze out of the Rogue one Comp if I was going to replace one with R2.

• SadSpartans
    208 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Already a couple 7star g11 R2s in my shard and Zaul squads still make up most of the top teams. R2 sure helps against Zaul but this won't knock him out of arena. Hopefully this will create a smorgasbord of different arena squads, tired of fighting Rex and Zaul 90% of the time
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Already a couple 7star g11 R2s in my shard and Zaul squads still make up most of the top teams. R2 sure helps against Zaul but this won't knock him out of arena. Hopefully this will create a smorgasbord of different arena squads, tired of fighting Rex and Zaul 90% of the time

Agreed. It is nice when a shakeup is happening like this. This reminds me of the couple of months after zetas were introduced.
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    Options
    K2 is def new meta since Rex lead has 1 more use than Zaul, everyone use him in arena
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »

Agreed. It is nice when a shakeup is happening like this. This reminds me of the couple of months after zetas were introduced.

Yes! Me too, back then we had at least 5-6 teams on the leaderboard, the meta was spread.... Then came Maul u.u
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Juex777 wrote: »
    Rogue 1 sub r2 for K2SO should be interesting. Maybe if Zaul goes away mostly R2 won't be the strongest 5th.
    I wouldn't think that taking K2S0 out of the R1 comp would be a good idea against Zaul. With K2S0's special you can land Daze and buff immunity on someone at once. Now that Sith can't evade, isn't crit immune, won't gain tm, and can't go stealth. Plus he is one of the two toons in that comp guaranteed to not get dazed by Zaul if Cassian is present.

Personally I always felt that K2S0 and Chirrut is a better combo than Baze and Chirrut. His taunt is much harder to get past than Baze's with Chirrut present. He starts with tenacity up so he won't get debuffed early on, which means constant counterattacks. He also has 100% chance to taunt if he is buffed, and he will basically always be buffed. You can use Chirrut's cleanse to keep the tenacity up on him routinely. If you buff wipe him, he gets a HoT and counterattacks which is guaranteed to give him a taunt because of the HoT. It's very tough to get off of him. Baze being present actually makes him less of a threat because he steals focus.

Basically I would take Baze out of the Rogue one Comp if I was going to replace one with R2.

Fair points, but Baze starts with TenUp too with Cas present, and if you remove him you lose your only cleanser which can be problematic against certain Zaul comps, and a huge issue against other squads like Rex lead since you can't get rid of the enemy TenUp.

One thing's for certain, you can't lose Chirrut or Cassian, since they're what makes the zJyn lead work. I really do think that the majority of time K2 is the odd man out.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I was leaning towards K2 because I already have him G10 but my LS squad sucks and I can't farm Baze but I guess I'll be working on building up LS stuff. Also in that comp I think there is a thing where your debuffs inflict expose, maybe a zeta of someone. I think it would work pretty well with R2 AoE burning.

Just checked, it's Jyn's zeta.
  • Options
    Love how Zaul is dead but I can get #1 on a November 15 shard... With Zaul... Killing double zeta r2 teams...

But he is dead shhhhhhhh.... Ya everyone invest tons in r2d2
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Okay dude calm down
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Res.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think Zaul is dead. Just beatable by a lot more comps. A step towards more diversity.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
    Zaul is dead?

Can you please pass that onto the remaining 30 zaul teams in my top 50 please.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    maybe not dead, but half the man he used to be? ;)

Awesome! I just watched the ending of season 4, the clone wars... Now I know :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    He was just getting started in my shard.
    Shaunyvee wrote: »

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Zaul is dead?

Can you please pass that onto the remaining 30 zaul teams in my top 50 please.
    It must be one of those zombie apocalypses that you hear so much about nowadays.
  • Options
    I run a very...interesting zaul team :) b2, zoba, zaul, zihilus, and 1st one to move palp
  • SpendsAlot
    379 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    B2 says rex git gud m8
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    I run a very...interesting zaul team :) b2, zoba, zaul, zihilus, and 1st one to move palp

I run the same - but with Zylo instead of Zoba. Works well too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    SpendsAlot wrote: »

I run the same - but with Zylo instead of Zoba. Works well too.

Yeah I just love the dark side faction and don't want to keep changing meta so much, so i find my own ways to fight