Nightsisters Faction Pass Suggestion (The least loved faction in the game)

Prev1
MmoProNick
244 posts Member
edited May 2017
The Nightsisters (apart from Ventress, who's gotten a little attention with her zeta and a few buffs), are a SERIOUSLY neglected group in SWGOH. For a small clan that has the power to reanimate the dead, steal living force from people, torture Sith lords from systems away, possessed a level of power that even Sidious admired, and took an entire battalion of droids lead by General Grievous to (mostly) eliminate, the nightsisters in SWGOH are completely under-represented both meta wise, and completely underrepresented by the developers, who have pretty much failed altogether to acknowledge this faction.

According to swgoh.gg, Ventress is the only nightsister to be used at rank one, daka is only used once in ranks 1-10, and both are only used by a single player in their team. And in ranks
1-100, Ventress lead is used just twice, and in the entire meta Ventress and Daka are the only two used at all, with only 52 and 27 players using them respectively. The nightsisters are also the ONLY faction without synergies among themselves or with other toons from separate factions apart from the lead ability. (Apart from the relatively new separatist faction, of which Ventress is also a member...)

So I took the liberty of creating a list of buffs/reworks to make the nightsisters more viable in the Meta, or anywhere else in the game for that matter. Please take the time to read through this extensive post, which took me 2 hours to type up.

Asajj Ventress:

Basic: Omega Upgrade: +30% Damage and + 15% Stun from +15% Damage

Special 1 (Strike Fear): Grants Heal to all Nightsister allies instead of just Ventress (How I miss when this ability healed everyone.)
Ventress really doesn't need this much heal for herself so much as some of the other nightsisters need another healer.

Special 2 (Endless Wrath): From + 15% damage to + 30% damage, and refresh cooldowns of all nightsister allies.
The maximum reduction Ventress can get from this one is 1 turn with her other ability, and it's already hard enough to get a kill with this move, let alone obtain a benefit from it, the other Nightsisters would have more of a benefit from this move than Ventress will ever have.

Talia:

Basic:
Upgrade 5: From + 5% damage to + 10% damage, and add + 20% bonus damage
Omega Upgrade: +30% damage in addition to Previous Bonus (to 40% bonus damage)
This move is WAY too weak to make a noticeable difference in Talia's health, a damage buff would allow the healing to make a real difference.

Special 1:
Omega Upgrade: Bonus effect chance: 100%, + 20% turn meter gain for other allies.

Special 2:
Omega Upgrade: + 30% damage in addition to previous bonus

Leader: Change to Unique ability, active until Talia dies, -6% evasion
Can we please change this into a unique, because it really can't compete with Ventress' lead, and a slight evasion bonus for the sisters would be very helpful (but not OP against R2).

Old Daka

Basic: + 5% bonus stun chance (at all levels), Now deals special damage instead of physical damage.
Omega: + 15% damage and +20% Stun Chance from + 15% Stun chance.

Special: Omega: + 15% Revive chance, now grants Offense up and Defense up to allies who were not revived for 2 turns, and dispel all Undead effects on nightsister allies. (see below)

Unique: +10% revive chance, bonus effect Duration + 1.
NEW ZETA: As long as Old Daka is alive, Nightsister allies have a 100% chance of reviving at 100% health, and gain the Undead Trait.

Units with the Undead trait can only use their basic attacks, but gain 30% speed, 50% defense, 50% max Health, and 100% offense, This effect cannot be dispelled, and lasts until Old Daka is defeated or uses a special ability.

This would make Daka a serious threat, but not too powerful a threat as nightsisters would only use basic abilities. (in the series revived sisters were more or less mindless zombies that could only slash at enemies.) Her heal would also make her viable in other teams, while keeping her from being too OP with the other sisters.

Nightsister Acolyte:

Basic: Omega - Gains 15% damage in addition to previous buff.

Special 1:
All Levels: Grants all nightsister allies tenacity up for 2 turns on a finishing blow
Omega - Dispel and Turn meter gain effects now activate on a critical hit instead of on a kill, grant half as much turn meter to other nightsister allies and gains + 15% damage.

Unique: Omega upgrade and upgrades 6 and 4 give 10% Critical chance each instead of 5%. And grants half of the hp gain and critical chance to other nightsister allies.

Nightsister Initiate:
Basic: Omega - Now adds + 15% damage, and + 1 Damage over Time effect.

Special 1: Omega - +30% Damage, Cooldown - 1.

Special 2: 100% buff immunity chance, Duration + 1,
Upgrades 3 and 5: Now give + 35% buff immunity chance each.
Omega: Loses + 15% buff immunity chance, Gains + 30% damage, and dispels all positive status effects on target enemy, and remove 10% turn meter for each effect dispelled on the target enemy.

NEW UNIQUE: For the Sisterhood
Level 1 ability reads: Whenever any ally is revived, Nightsister Initiate gains taunt for 1 turn. In addition: She has +10% critical damage
Ability upgrades 2-4: Add 4% critical damage each.
Level 5: Gains taunt whenever ant enemy is defeated.
Levels 6 and 7: Add 4% critical damage each
Zeta: Add taunt for 1 turn at the beginning of battle and + 5% Critical damage.

Final text reads: At the beginning of battle, and whenever any enemy is defeated or any ally is revived revived, Nightsister Initiate gains taunt for 1 turn. In addition, She has +35% Critical damage.

The initiate is one of the tankiest toons in the game, but apart from R2D2, her tankiness cannot be used properly. Besides, I think it's hard to ignore someone slashing at you with blades. So can we give her some form of a taunt (the one i mentioned above is most viable in the meta, and gets suggested fairly often.)

I Hope that you all enjoyed my suggestions for a Nightsister faction pass in the future, which should give them the proper amount of power they deserve. The eventual release of Mother Talzin would also be appreciated CG. Anyways, I appreciate all those who read this entire post, which took me roughly 2 hours to type up.

(Note: This thread has a sister post in the feedback section)

Replies

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    They suck comparatively to pretty much everything...

Asajj... she's useful on some teams... although dramatically less lately

Daka... not terrible?

The rest...

awful
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Another team that could use a rework. I'm pretty sure the developers are busy trying to come up with a plan for every underdeveloped toon. I'd like to see every forgot about faction get a rework and make them able to keep up with these other crazy zeta teams in the game.

It'll just take time.
  • Options
    +420

Give the sisters some love!
    Great potential for a faction, and the only all female faction.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    +420

Give the sisters some love!
    Great potential for a faction, and the only all female faction.

Every other faction is male dominated.... Siths are all male, as is the empire.. (until aphra maybe gets added)
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    When they release more toons of nightsisters I'm all for the faction pass for them.

I don't think a faction pass is needed for a faction that only currently has 5 toons that already makes it hard to build team comps around them
  • SkyeLeonne
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Although I want Nightsisters to get a rework, I doubt it'll happen...they're not a money making faction and don't create hype. if anything, we'll receive their update, but as a low key to another faction's update, like how Asajj was.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    When they release more toons of nightsisters I'm all for the faction pass for them.

I don't think a faction pass is needed for a faction that only currently has 5 toons that already makes it hard to build team comps around them

Talzin is yet to be added, and somewhere in PvE Karris and Luce are in the files, ready to be adjusted and added.

Also, First Order got a faction pass with only 5 toons, and now everyone uses Kylo
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »
    Although I want Nightsisters to get a rework, I doubt it'll happen...they're not a money making faction and don't create hype. if anything, we'll receive their update, but as a low key to another faction's update, like how Asajj was.

Compared to other teams like Tuskens, who are really sidebar in the star wars Universe, the Nightsisters played pretty important role in the clone wars, and I think they deserve a faction pass.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

Talzin is yet to be added, and somewhere in PvE Karris and Luce are in the files, ready to be adjusted and added.

Also, First Order got a faction pass with only 5 toons, and now everyone uses Kylo

First order was also featured in the new movie and will be continued to be featured in the upcoming movie so it's pretty clear why they would of got a faction pass.
  • BigFish58
    204 posts Member
    Options
    Super +1
  • lamikgb1
    15 posts Member
    Options
    Dreaming about Talzin and Axkva Min. Also really good ZETA abilities like topikstarter said.
    BTW Darth Maul and Savage Oppress can have synergy with Night Sisters since they belong to it.
  • Options
    I want this too. I've always wanted to use Assajj. I have a droid team I need to star up first. Mother talzen would be nice too.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    They should do the reworks, release Mother Talzin and change nightsister tag to dathomirians so they can have synergy with Maul and Savage too..
    Or atleast get a new tag thats named dathomirians
  • Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    SkyeLeonne wrote: »

Compared to other teams like Tuskens, who are really sidebar in the star wars Universe, the Nightsisters played pretty important role in the clone wars, and I think they deserve a faction pass.

both are trashcans...
  • Options
    Least loved faction?

Tuskans, Ewoks and Geonosians say get in line behind the ones who are at least in the films.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i don't like nightsisters, i hope they remain useless.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

+1
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

The best rework for the nightsisters would be a 20% debuff across the board. That way they are so bad, that nobody ever asks for a rework again.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Give Initiate a taunt and rework Acolyte...pretty much completely - but otherwise, Ventress, Daka and Talia have some nice synergies that simply need a tweak or two.

I agree though - it's a decent faction with some nice synergies and with just a little effort could be fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    +1

As a huge fan of the Clone Wars series, I have an immense respect for Dathomirians and the Night Sisters in particular. Outside of the force wielding Jedi/Sith, they were absolutely the most powerful force in the Star Wars universe. The magiks that they commanded were so powerful that even Sidious and Dooku feared and respected them. Magiks that allowed them to raise entire armies of undead soldiers, speak with the deceased, conjure blades equivalent to light sabers out of thin air, teleport, make others invisible, possess the bodies of others, torture and/or kill with voodoo, instantly heal mortal wounds, and empower others with magnified strength, stature, and combat prowess, just to name a few... I mean Darth Maul was completely CUT IN HALF and yet remained alive because of his infusion of Dathomarian magiks. Other then Darth Plagueis (perhaps), I'm not aware of a single other force wielder who could do some of the incredible things that the Dathomirians did. And yet somehow, in SWGOH they remain one of the weakest factions in the game. It makes no sense at all and is just sad really.

This isn't some irrelevent backworld species like tuskans, jawas, ewoks, or geonosians. Darth Maul, Savage, and Asajj Ventress all came out of Dathomir and commanded respect throughout the entire galaxy. Mother Talzin could stand toe to toe with most any Jedi Master and/or Sith Lord. How many light saber wielding ewoks have you seen recently? I'm just saying...

#ShowNightSistersSomeLove
  • Options
    We had TopHat on our podcast last night, and I made sure to ask about a Nightsister rework. I regret to inform you...it isn't coming any time soon. Which sucks cuz that was the first team I completed.
  • Options
    We had TopHat on our podcast last night, and I made sure to ask about a Nightsister rework. I regret to inform you...it isn't coming any time soon. Which sucks cuz that was the first team I completed.

That's the best news I have heard this week!
  • Options

giphy.gif

• Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options

Sigh, that kind of makes me sad. I mean in one sense I understand, their entire race was wiped out, so it's not like they're going to show up in any future movies, but there clearly seems to be enough fans with an interest in Nightsisters that they should consider doing something about it.
  • Options
    Clone Wars fan here.

I enjoyed the Nightsisters eps. It's the only non-movie faction that I've actually been interested in.

Yeah sure they don't have many on their roster, and they're not uber powerful in the game, I don't care, I just want them all to be a little more useful, not just Asajj.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • dreamer05
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Spyda wrote: »

Sigh, that kind of makes me sad. I mean in one sense I understand, their entire race was wiped out, so it's not like they're going to show up in any future movies, but there clearly seems to be enough fans with an interest in Nightsisters that they should consider doing something about it.

I don't think they are completely wiped out. Even though it's not "canon", a NS shows up in that terrible Ewok TV movie. Also, Talzin says a few times that the Nightsisters never die.

• dreamer05
    139 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    + 100!

I love everything about the Nightsisters. I love their story, their powers, and their style. Mother Talzon absolutely needs to be in-game, and a couple others are in the data mines as everyone said! I currently use an all NS team except I replace Acolyte with Aayla. All of them are completely geared as far as they can be and fully modded.

I think if they don't want to give a ton of love, Asajj and Daka could stay as they are, although Daka's resurrection could use a buff, mine has 91% potency so stuns are really consistent and is almost a tank once she hits g10.

They real issue is the team has no damage. Initiate is closest we have to damage. Mine does decent, but her specials are completely bland. Her buff immunity is a joke.

Talia's heal and TM gain with it are decent, but she's squishy and does almost no damage.

Acolyte is completely useless. I keep her geared up and modded in hopes that she will eventually get some love, but she is useless. Cleanse on killing blow?!?! Seriously! What a joke. They also have her listed as a healer..... What they really need to do is rework her as a stealth damage dealer with cleanse, or give cleanse to Talia. In fact, boost Talia's health and give her a cleanse along with her heal, take away her terrible DoT applying special.

All in all I do pretty well with my girls, but I don't care about arena score. Prior to merges I stayed between 60-100, but now stay around 160-250 depending on how many I fight that day. But again, that's Aayla instead of Acolyte.

Give us some love!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

And here I thought you were limiting your trolling to the "No Sith in the R2 Event" thread. I was mistaken.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

And here I thought you were limiting your trolling to the "No Sith in the R2 Event" thread. I was mistaken.

maybe the next event requires night sisters, definately gonna be a challenge ;)
    freaking nightsisters pfff
    Save water, drink champagne!