Nightsisters Faction Pass Suggestion (The least loved faction in the game)

2Next

Replies

• XiSiX
    7 posts Member
    Options
    I actually think both Savage and Maul should be part of the NightSisters faction, whether they are sisters or not doesnt matter, they are part of that faction. And you should have synergy between maul, savage, daka, ventress, and add Mother Tenzin.
  • MasterSeedy
    5199 posts Member
    Options
    It's pretty clear that Maul and Savage should benefit from NightSister leadership abilities - they took orders from NightSisters after all. I'm not as sure it should go in reverse, but maybe.
  • XiSiX
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well I guess same could be said for Maul leading a team with Dooku or Vader, since rule of two exists and so on and so on.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    XiSiX wrote: »
    I actually think both Savage and Maul should be part of the NightSisters faction, whether they are sisters or not doesnt matter, they are part of that faction. And you should have synergy between maul, savage, daka, ventress, and add Mother Tenzin.

Daka and Ventress barely ever came into contact with maul and savage, but yes if Talzin ever gets added she should have some level of synergy to her born sons.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    I think the statements about reworking nightsisters (more or less jokingly) in the podcast Here --> http://traffic.libsyn.com/radiofreetatooine/GWR_055.mp3

by CG_TopHat kinda confirmed that they don't care about the nightsisters as much as other factions.

(Rough Qoute: "Before the end of time, the nightsisters will be worked." Laughs jokingly)
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah that PodCast comment makes me sad...
    MmoProNick wrote: »

Daka and Ventress barely ever came into contact with maul and savage, but yes if Talzin ever gets added she should have some level of synergy to her born sons.

I'm not sure how you justify this comment though. Savage and Asajj had a LOT of interaction in the Clone Wars series. Savage was actually created to SERVE Asajj, and I'm pretty sure Old Daka was one of those who helped to create him (or rather, turn him into what he is). Asajj Ventress is the one who hand picked Savage out from amongst the other men of his clan, and performed all of his initial testing and training. The entire time he was serving under Dooku he was acting as an undercover agent for Asajj and the Nightsisters. When the right time came, he betrayed Dooku to fight alongside Asajj in an assassination attempt on Dooku's life. His allegiance has ALWAYS been to the Nightsisters, his connection to the Sith was only ever a ruse.

When Maul came back into the picture he realigned himself with the Nightsisters, having been long abandon by the Sith he had once served. The only people Maul ever answered to after that was Mother Talzin, Old Daka, and the other Nightsister elders.

After Darth Sidious killed Savage, Maul only temporarily feigned his allegiance to Darth Sidious in an attempt to regain some lost ground, and then turned on him once more.

Both Maul and Savage remained loyal to Mother Talzin and the Nightsister clan until the day they died.

A Dathimarian tag would be great, but a Nightsister tag would actually also be very appropriate for both of them.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    Options
    Spyda wrote: »
    Yeah that PodCast comment makes me sad...

I'm not sure how you justify this comment though. Savage and Asajj had a LOT of interaction in the Clone Wars series. Savage was actually created to SERVE Asajj, and I'm pretty sure Old Daka was one of those who helped to create him (or rather, turn him into what he is). Asajj Ventress is the one who hand picked Savage out from amongst the other men of his clan, and performed all of his initial testing and training. The entire time he was serving under Dooku he was acting as an undercover agent for Asajj and the Nightsisters. When the right time came, he betrayed Dooku to fight alongside Asajj in an assassination attempt on Dooku's life. His allegiance has ALWAYS been to the Nightsisters, his connection to the Sith was only ever a ruse.

When Maul came back into the picture he realigned himself with the Nightsisters, having been long abandon by the Sith he had once served. The only people Maul ever answered to after that was Mother Talzin, Old Daka, and the other Nightsister elders.

After Darth Sidious killed Savage, Maul only temporarily feigned his allegiance to Darth Sidious in an attempt to regain some lost ground, and then turned on him once more.

Both Maul and Savage remained loyal to Mother Talzin and the Nightsister clan until the day they died.

A Dathimarian tag would be great, but a Nightsister tag would actually also be very appropriate for both of them.

Yes I should've taken the time to acknowledge the purpose of savage to serve Ventress. And actually, only Talzin was alive (barely, in the spirit realm), by the time that maul was brought back to Dathomir.
    It seems that just as the clan was completely killed off in the Series, they've been completely killed off in the game as well.
  • Options
    If anything, the nightsisters should just be removed from this game, IMO.
  • Options

Can you please explain WHY?
  • Options
    I'll just add my voice to the crowd of ppl asking for a NS rework. They desperately need a boost. Talzin would be a good start. And boost various other attributes, maybe Daka's revive should be 100% effective for at least 1 dead NS, just for starters.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'll just add my voice to the crowd of ppl asking for a NS rework. They desperately need a boost. Talzin would be a good start. And boost various other attributes, maybe Daka's revive should be 100% effective for at least 1 dead NS, just for starters.

Personally I think that CG is just trying to avoid a NS rework because there a few players who've never heard of the faction and would start whining because their fav faction didn't get buffed when some random species they've never heard of did... (mostly players who've only watched the movies.)

At least give this faction some love with an event outside some dumb omega battle that doesn't even need the sisters in the first place when you can just use your zylo to auto kill everything.
  • Options

Personally I think that CG is just trying to avoid a NS rework because there a few players who've never heard of the faction and would start whining because their fav faction didn't get buffed when some random species they've never heard of did... (mostly players who've only watched the movies.)

At least give this faction some love with an event outside some dumb omega battle that doesn't even need the sisters in the first place when you can just use your zylo to auto kill everything.

We have an Ugnaught! They literally have no speaking parts in any movie, yet no one is complaining. But we want NS to be useful and the trolls come calling. pff
  • Options

I don't want to believe people still haven't heard of Nightsisters (outside of today's kids with Rebels being their entry point)...they debuted in 1994 via EU books, resurfaced in Clone Wars 1.0 with Asajj, and obviously the biggest splash with The Clone Wars.

So far, almost all planets seen or referred to 8 movies has Toons...with the exception of Naboo. The game already has given us Toons that are not in any movie or TV series. I would rather stick to characters that has had screen time, or generic Toons like Ewok Scout, CUP, Mod Enforcer, Hoth Rebel Soldier, etc.

At the very least make the Nightsister event be like Daily Challenges, where you get 3 successful battles each time it comes around. IIRC, they payout is roughly the same as the Mat's Daily Challenge.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I don't want to believe people still haven't heard of Nightsisters (outside of today's kids with Rebels being their entry point)...they debuted in 1994 via EU books, resurfaced in Clone Wars 1.0 with Asajj, and obviously the biggest splash with The Clone Wars.

So far, almost all planets seen or referred to 8 movies has Toons...with the exception of Naboo. The game already has given us Toons that are not in any movie or TV series. I would rather stick to characters that has had screen time, or generic Toons like Ewok Scout, CUP, Mod Enforcer, Hoth Rebel Soldier, etc.

At the very least make the Nightsister event be like Daily Challenges, where you get 3 successful battles each time it comes around. IIRC, they payout is roughly the same as the Mat's Daily Challenge.

Ah.... The Clone Wars, I think this might've hooked me onto the nightsisters.

star_wars_the_clone_wars_dooku_and_mother_talzin_by_seekerarmada-d5mqbt6.jpg

Seems like this'll be the face of everyone who hates on the nightsisters or disregarded them if they ever get a purpose. Until then, this is everyone who DID level the nightsisters, including me, every time one of these threads dies or CG jokes about the sisters.
  • Options
    ^ Any faction with powers that are not Jedi or Sith makes the universe as a whole seem more interesting.

Oh yeah, and some retcon about the witch in the 2nd original anthology movie "The Battle of Endor", being a Nightsister. I personally think it was a stretch.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.