Possible meta with Gar Saxon (L) and imperial troopers?

EldMapat
85 posts Member
I was thinking Gar Saxon lead for counter chance, then veers, snowtrooper, stormtrooper, and deathtrooper.

You'd get great counter chances for everyone with basics that give buffs/debuffs as follows:
Snow: ability block
Storm: high dmg crit or expose
Death: daze
Veers: speeds up allies
Gar Saxon: speed down

So aoes against this team can be very detrimental for the opposing team!

Then you get a lot of turn meter manipulation with your tank in stormtrooper taking away 10% from the other team every time he's damaged and with veers every time an enemy is defeated. So this team will be very fast!

Let me know what y'all think and feel free to post changes you might make to the team.

Replies

• Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    Probably won't be meta as zaul is still around with aoe daze. But it definitely looks like a fun team
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm trying to figure out a way around mauls daze. Maybe great tenacity mods or put a dispeller in there somewhere
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    Options
    You can also use magmatrooper to add 30% tenacity for maul teams
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Could be interesting...
    I've played around with the troopers a good bit and they really struggle vs maul... you need a cleanser of some sort to make it work.
    GK can serve that role... but if he gets ability blocked or stunned then you are screwed
    It's something to play around with... but tough vs those super fast Zaul teams with SA...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    EldMapat wrote: »

Zaul unique on average will give him about the same amount of potency, before any mods.
  • sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Zaul unique on average will give him about the same amount of potency, before any mods.

I think people were saying that Zaul is bugged so that he has basically infinite potency at this time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I think people were saying that Zaul is bugged so that he has basically infinite potency at this time.

Maybe, maybe not, but the math behind his unique still adds up to about 30% potency or so.

And since tenacity is always at a disadvantage 30% extra means nothing.
  • unit900000
    626 posts Member
    Options
    this game would be a lot healthier if every faction had a cleanser imo.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Could be interesting...
    I've played around with the troopers a good bit and they really struggle vs maul... you need a cleanser of some sort to make it work.
    GK can serve that role... but if he gets ability blocked or stunned then you are screwed
    It's something to play around with... but tough vs those super fast Zaul teams with SA...

But every cleanser is like that. It's the double and triple cleaner teams that Zaul/SA has trouble with.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    What i think this game needs is adjusting the value of tenacity to mean something
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Maybe, maybe not, but the math behind his unique still adds up to about 30% potency or so.

And since tenacity is always at a disadvantage 30% extra means nothing.
    At max gear unmodded Power of Hatred gives him 42.96% potency but anyway you look at it, he always lands Daze outside of tenacity up.