Chaze, a reasonable look at the most overtuned duo in game.

Replies

• tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but I wonder how many people who think Chaze are unfairly OP have actually tried to use them?

I decided to try them out with an alt account, and while they are definitely fine toons in my experience, they are not the godlike duo many claim. You really need to have them fully maxed or used in conjunction with GK before they have any serious stopping power.

Even then, they are no guarantee, I mean the standard Wiggs, Boba, Lando, STH team can take them out, as well as droids if they run B2. Can they really be that OP if rebels and droids can take them out lol.

Compare that to Zaul teams that use a 3* Nihilus and need a full triple cleanse team to counter. There's a reason I don't run Chaze on my main account lol.
  • MayAddy622
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I have my counters for Chaze:
    Leia and Phasma with Boba support.

However, even after taking a few minutes to beat a Chaze team, my rank is kicked back almost immediately by that same -5000 power, G7 Chirrut team. Must have been easy.

I'm all about being crafty. I can't wait till Sabine becomes farmable. Boba lead for his crit damage, Leia, sabine, dook, FOTP. If nothing else, this team would have one gigantic first turn with some critical chance and speed :)

Bare minimum most attacks in one round ever.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but I wonder how many people who think Chaze are unfairly OP have actually tried to use them?

I decided to try them out with an alt account, and while they are definitely fine toons in my experience, they are not the godlike duo many claim. You really need to have them fully maxed or used in conjunction with GK before they have any serious stopping power.

Even then, they are no guarantee, I mean the standard Wiggs, Boba, Lando, STH team can take them out, as well as droids if they run B2. Can they really be that OP if rebels and droids can take them out lol.

Compare that to Zaul teams that use a 3* Nihilus and need a full triple cleanse team to counter. There's a reason I don't run Chaze on my main account lol.

This guy knows whats up. You know what's harder to kill than Chaze? Zavage. Why aren't we talking about him instead?
  • Edit: For a TLDR -
    [Chaze]... needs a tone down. My suggestion would be to either drastically reduce their damage output, remove Baze's pre-taunt, or set an ICD between his taunts when Chirrut loses health. Another way to handle them would be to reduce the amount of healing received from the HoTs.

With language like this, to be clear, this is a nerf thread. And that conclusion is refutable based on those above comments, however much disguised.

What about those who invested so much in Chaze? Do you even care? I refuse to gear or farm Chirrut (I do have Baze as I love a good taunt), But I don't want chirrut nerfed.

So, yes, I can see why some might call this thread whining. It's a selfish thread.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Edit: For a TLDR -
    [Chaze]... needs a tone down. My suggestion would be to either drastically reduce their damage output, remove Baze's pre-taunt, or set an ICD between his taunts when Chirrut loses health. Another way to handle them would be to reduce the amount of healing received from the HoTs.
    What about those who invested so much in Chaze?
    This is not a reason to leave unbalanced feats in the game. Could be for Maul, Chaze, or anyone else. If something is overtuned or undertuned, it should be looked at.

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

Zavage. Why aren't we talking about him instead?
    You did this in my previous thread with droids and jedi. Go make a thread about Zavage if that is your concern.
  • Edit: For a TLDR -
    This is not a reason to leave unbalanced feats in the game. Could be for Maul, Chaze, or anyone else. If something is overtuned or undertuned, it should be looked at.

So you just ignored every single player playing by the rules. You don't like chaze as they are too powerful in your weak assessment, and therefore chaze needs to be nerfed. Forget the rules, just change em. As selfish as can be, every nerf thread is.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member

You did this in my previous thread with droids and jedi. Go make a thread about Zavage if that is your concern.

Did what? And no matter what they aren't going to nerf chaze. I do agree with you they went to far with their kits but theirs nothing we can do about it. Hopefully thrawn is released soon and he takes a giant crap on rebels.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member

So you just ignored every single player playing by the rules. You don't like chaze as they are too powerful in your weak assessment, and therefore chaze needs to be nerfed. Forget the rules, just change em. As selfish as can be, every nerf thread is.
    Okay.

Did what? And no matter what they aren't going to nerf chaze. I do agree with you they went to far with their kits but theirs nothing we can do about it. Hopefully thrawn is released soon and he takes a giant **** on rebels.
    What I meant was if you think Zavage is OP then you should make a thread if it really concerns you. I didn't mean that post maliciously.
  • ImYourHuckleberry
    1421 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Okay.
    Either you agree with my statement, that your thread is a nerf thread, and is selfish, completely ignoring all players playing games by the rules...

Or you are being rude and dismissive to a reasonable response to your nerf thread because you can't debate the merits of overall fair game play.

I'm not sure which, but I think you were being dismissive, and so I'll follow up with another question. If this thread is not open for debate, then why post it in the 1st place? Maybe this thread needs to be moved to character feedback where it can die a slow death.
  • @Jedi_Reach_ as I'm sure you're aware, the Devs do develop OP kits purposely, and sometimes mistakingly (rarely, tho). Wiggs was truly the first, IMO, "OP" set of toons. Chaze the next, and now Zylo, Zaul, and Nilly. But they also offer plenty of counters for such. They aren't going to nerf toons these days, and I doubt we ever see such again (unless a blatant and obvious bug). They'll just build the next toon(s) with kits to counter the last counter. It's brilliant!

I, for one, feel they are doing a much better job at offering multiple options; gone are the days when the balance was geared towards Defense when there was 1-2 teams that could only win on Offense. Now it's handfuls of comps that can easily win on such.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017

This seems kind of relevant to me, with all due respect to the OP. For example, the team I fight for rank 1 is a Zaul squad with Savage, Nihilus and Chaze. I run First Order, which I know is not the best team, and I am able to take out Chaze everytime. However, quite frequently I am left with just Savage and he destroys me.

Not saying he needs to be nerfed either, but if you're discussing toons that are "over-tuned", isn't it somewhat relevant to compare them to other characters that are difficult to beat? I mean, that's what what theoretically makes them OP; their relative strength compared to other top tier toons.

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member

This seems kind of relevant to me, with all due respect to the OP. For example, the team I fight for rank 1 is a Zaul squad with Savage, Nihilus and Chaze. I run First Order, which I know is not the best team, and I am able to take out Chaze everytime. However, quite frequently I am left with just Savage and he destroys me.

Not saying he needs to be nerfed either, but if you're discussing toons that are "over-tuned", isn't it somewhat relevant to compare them to other characters that are difficult to beat? I mean, that's what what theoretically makes them OP; their relative strength compared to other top tier toons.
    Sure, it can be to compare, just not to the point where the thread derails. By all means, things can and in some cases, should be compared.
  • Antares wrote: »
    Question: Has ever in the history if this game something been nerfed other than packs (and droprates maybe)? As fas as I know: No, and I think it will never happen.

wrong they have nerfed a number of characters. as well as saying characters were acting not as intended. The first character nerf was bariss took about two months
  • Antares wrote: »
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    Antares wrote: »
    Question: Has ever in the history if this game something been nerfed other than packs (and droprates maybe)? As fas as I know: No, and I think it will never happen.

Has something ever been nerfed in this game?

Bariss, yoda, zbariss...

Mods...

Lots has been nerfed.

zBarriss was a bug. What happened to Yoda and normal Barriss?

in the first two months of the game bariss' was complained about, the healing meta was top. her heal could outdo damage, but she wasn't farmable yet so they nerfed her and killed the meta. She was the first nerf.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    @Jedi_Reach_ as I'm sure you're aware, the Devs do develop OP kits purposely, and sometimes mistakingly (rarely, tho). Wiggs was truly the first, IMO, "OP" set of toons. Chaze the next, and now Zylo, Zaul, and Nilly. But they also offer plenty of counters for such. They aren't going to nerf toons these days, and I doubt we ever see such again (unless a blatant and obvious bug). They'll just build the next toon(s) with kits to counter the last counter. It's brilliant!

I, for one, feel they are doing a much better job at offering multiple options; gone are the days when the balance was geared towards Defense when there was 1-2 teams that could only win on Offense. Now it's handfuls of comps that can easily win on such.
    Well this is a more reasonable post.
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »

Has something ever been nerfed in this game?

Bariss, yoda, zbariss...

Mods...

Lots has been nerfed.

zBarriss was a bug. What happened to Yoda and normal Barriss?

in the first two months of the game bariss' was complained about, the healing meta was top. her heal could outdo damage, but she wasn't farmable yet so they nerfed her and killed the meta. She was the first nerf.

Her Basic, with a friggin' LIGHTSABER, still can't outdo damage from R2's Basic. :D

SnakesOnAPlane
  • jedikilla84
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

It's so nice too see someone reply to a thread and be polite and respectful to the op instead of posting an insulting meme or comment.
  • StarWeed
    13 posts Member
    Chaze really isn't even that good, if anything Rex needs to be the one who gets nerfed. One toon should not be able to beat all the metas!!!

#nerfrex
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

It's so nice too see someone reply to a thread and be polite and respectful to the op instead of posting an insulting meme or comment.

Good point!

41103332.jpg
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

It was a good post. Agreed.
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

So I take it if a thief steals from me, it's OK as long as he's polite? Nerf in steals from gamers. And it's outrageous.
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

So I take it if a thief steals from me, it's OK as long as he's polite? Nerf in steals from gamers. And it's outrageous.

Interesting! That's a brilliant valid observation!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

Dude, you've stated your opinion. There really isn't much else to say or add to it since you've already made up your mind.

Do you think it'll be fair (just for debate's sake) if a character can 1 shot all squad members and it'll be fine because you invest into it?

Exaggerated example but the point stands.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

While I don't think anything warrants a nerf right now, this kind of attitude is ridiculous. Nerfing is to keep a balanced and competitive game when necessary. You aren't entitled to dominate people with op characters.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

While I don't think anything warrants a nerf right now, this kind of attitude is ridiculous. Nerfing is to keep a balanced and competitive game when necessary. You aren't entitled to dominate people with op characters.
    +1
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

I believe his point was that if they nerfed the duo of Chaze, thousands upon thousands would be affected for the investment they made for a legit non-bugged kit. Crying/Whining/Asking (whatever one wants to label it as) for nerfs from a far lesser amount of individuals without said duo is akin to "stealing".
    Crying / Whining / Asking are all different. This is a discussion. Labeling something automatically as whining or crying is childish. Sorry but that has to be the worst possible defense. If you invest into something and it is overtuned, broken or overpowered, then it should be dealt with.

There are better defense points for Chaze than this.
  • Ig88isboss wrote: »
    [quote="Lord_LeBobcat;

I believe his point was that if they nerfed the duo of Chaze, thousands upon thousands would be affected for the investment they made for a legit non-bugged kit. Crying/Whining/Asking/Discussing (whatever one wants to label it as) for nerfs from a far lesser amount of individuals, without said investment, is akin to "stealing/taking" from another.

Edit: Apologies for reposting, I went to edit and the bugged forum deleted the original.
    SnakesOnAPlane

• So I take it if a thief steals from me, it's OK as long as he's polite? Nerf in steals from gamers. And it's outrageous. [/quote]

I didn't say anything about nerfs. I was simply giving praise to the poster because they made their point on the debate without insulting or being rude to anyone.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Crying / Whining / Asking are all different. This is a discussion. Labeling something automatically as whining or crying is childish. Sorry but that has to be the worst possible defense. If you invest into something and it is overtuned, broken or overpowered, then it should be dealt with.

There are better defense points for Chaze than this.

Yet they aren't overturned/overpowered/broken, as it has been proven there's many combos that can defeat them. You're attempting, along with the few (relatively compared to the masses who disagree with y'all), to push such a theory to benefit yourselves.

If they announced tomorrow they were nerfing Chaze, because of say your complaint, without any recourse to the players, would you relish in the fact that thousands just got screwed of their investments?
    SnakesOnAPlane