Shoretrooper pack, F2P dilemma and where to use him

2Next

Replies

• SkyeLeonne
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Everything comes back to you and how much leeway are you willing to give yourself and the term F2P...for example, I consider myself F2P although I bought a dark-side starter pack when I first started on November last year.
    and what sort of player are you? do you care for 'meta' chars or just play whatever you like?
  • Options
    westenger wrote: »
    I'm F2P so I don't know a lot about what are good deals and what not but this seems like a good one. 21.99€ for 80 shards (unlock him at 4*) for a toon that I will get 1 shard a day from hard nodes (when I reach there, which is still quite far) so that's an 80 day head start.

So once I convinced myself it was a great deal, I am still dubitative to pull the trigger. I haven't spend a single penny in this game. I take pride in being good (not great) in this game without spending vs other people that spend thousands in the game (without disrespecting "whales", everyone can spend their money the way the want).

My problem is I don't know if I want to do this and stop being F2P. I know there are other terms as "dolphins" for people who don't spend that much but still spend some, so I was wondering, if I bought this pack where would that put me? would I be a dolphin? or just a F2P player who spent once in a good bundle?

Apart from my "dilemma" I have another question, which arena team could I use with him? I'm around 300 in arena and would like to get higher, most people run Wiggs around my positions but the top players run ZMaul and Rex (june 2016 shard) I don't expect to use him in raids because he won't be at 7* for a long time. But I think he could be very helpful for arena and GW (I'm clearing GW quite easily right now but sure in the future it will get hard again)

My roster
    https://swgoh.gg/u/westenger/collection/

All comments are welcome,
    Thanks

Buy it. You'll never regret having a pretaunter.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Klocko wrote: »
    I'm buying that pack myself soon. It's cheager than a night at the bar or buying a new console game, if that helps.

As far as what you're "status" is, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Probably "minnow", but that feels like an insult (I don't mean it to be). I know plenty of players who consider themselves f2p, but keep a crystal subscription (also a great deal) and may have bought one or 2 of these type packs in the past.

Fwiw, I consider a dolphin to be in the $200-$1000 range. I'm at the lower half of dolphin myself.

Problems with this are endless. Yeah 20.00, so what. Except the next guy is gonna buy all the packs... and ur imperial squad will catch up just when it is no longer a thing.

How many years u gonna play and be a dolphin? Is it $1000.00 overall? Or every year? You know there will be more toons, more packs, new metas, and more frustration. How much is this $1000.00 a year as a percentage of what u are putting in hour retirement account?

If ur f2p this far, stick it out. The only thing worse than being frustrated by arena whales is paying money and being frustrated by arena whales. Shore might be awesome on a veers squad. But your veers squad is gonna be lame when the entire squad is up for sale. Cuz whales be whales.