Baze Zeta Ideas

Prev1
Jacman11
29 posts Member
Hey all!

I was running some ideas through my head on what might make a good zeta for baze, wanted your input. I think these additions would round out his character strengths while accentuating some of his weaknesses, without making him overpowered. Note: changes and affects listed below are in addition to current ability descriptions.

Option 1: For Jedha(zeta) : Whenever Baze Malbus taunts, he regains 50% protection and gains defense up for 2 turns, with a 60% chance to instead regain 80% protection and gain defense up and offense up for 3 turns.

Option 2: Heavy Repeater Cannon(zeta) : Baze's attacks reduce enemy turn meter by 20%. If chirrut imwe is present, both characters gain 20% turn meter.

Appreciate your input! Hopefully CG takes note if we have good ideas :)

Replies

• Options
    Oh man, you're gonna stir up the nerfers. :D

Btw, all looks fun. But, keep in mind, any ability that is already at Level 8 won't be getting a Zeta. Both his Uniques can qualify, however.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Haha. I love it. It's amazing that some people want to nerf Baze and Chirrut, and others are thinking about possible Zeta's for them.

Not being sarcastic, I really do love it. However, while I would support a moderate zeta, I think the uproar would be pretty tremendous from the folks that already think they're OP. I don't see them getting nerfed, but also don't see a Zeta, at least not until people calm down a bit and drop the torches.
  • aliaknife
    28 posts Member
    Options
    How about : BASIC Attack – Heavy Repeater Cannon (Zeta)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-70% chance to inflict Speed Down for 2-3 turns. If Chirrut Imwe is present, he gains 10% Turn Meter.and all cooldown abilities reduce by 1 >:)
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Buff removing aoe and buff immunity for 2 turns, 50%tmr reduction and speed down for 2 turns (can't be removed), insta taunt at the beginning. Gains 50% protection everytime he counters. When Chirrut is present, he will be auto revived with 150% health & protection. +100% damage on imperial troopers. His basic increases cooldowns (1 turn).
  • Options
    aliaknife wrote: »
    How about : BASIC Attack – Heavy Repeater Cannon (Zeta)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-70% chance to inflict Speed Down for 2-3 turns. If Chirrut Imwe is present, he gains 10% Turn Meter.and all cooldown abilities reduce by 1 >:)

This seems nice. The protection gain is too OP.

Nevertheless I believe they shouldn't be priority in the zeta list.
  • Options
    Make "Unload" an insta-kill and there you have it, the perfect Zeta for Baze Malbus.

• Options
    Lol.

How about:
    For Jedha (Level 8)
    Baze Malbus gains Taunt and Retribution at the start of the encounter, when an enemy is defeated and when Chirrut Imwe falls below 100% health. Baze Malbus taunts and regains 100% Protection when Chirrut Imwe falls below 50% Health. If Chirrut Imwe is defeated, Baze Malbus gains Tenacity Up, Speed Up, Defence Up, Offense Up, 100% Defence Penetration, Critical Chance Up and +20% Critical Damage.

Not a troll post, IMO that will give people second thoughts about killing Chirrut and will also be movie accurate.
  • Options
    Lol.

How about:
    For Jedha (Level 8)
    Baze Malbus gains Taunt and Retribution at the start of the encounter, when an enemy is defeated and when Chirrut Imwe falls below 100% health. Baze Malbus taunts and regains 100% Protection when Chirrut Imwe falls below 50% Health. If Chirrut Imwe is defeated, Baze Malbus gains Tenacity Up, Speed Up, Defence Up, Offense Up, 100% Defence Penetration, Critical Chance Up and +20% Critical Damage.

Not a troll post, IMO that will give people second thoughts about killing Chirrut and will also be movie accurate.

Actually, making a zeta for him that does the same thing as Old Ben when Chirrut dies, would be interesting to see.
  • Options
    Exactly, since Chirrut gets Executed, Annihilated and killed as a top l priority everywhere.
  • Options
    Con'on, Baze is already overpowered as it is. No way he needs a zeta to become stronger.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • dough
    641 posts Member
    Options
    Jacman11 wrote: »
    Hey all!

I was running some ideas through my head on what might make a good zeta for baze,...Hopefully CG takes note if we have good ideas :)

here's a good idea -- don't *drink* the bong water.
  • Options
    Gosh, we are not calling for Chaze to be extremely OP, we are just suggesting a Zeta for two very fragile and tough to set up characters. They may be powerful, but they HAVE counters.
  • Theophany
    865 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    They should give bobas "execute" ability a zeta.
    Starts on a 5 turn cooldown and when used it insta kills and is unavoidable
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Seriously?

Just sayin... ;):*

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    If there was any spot lower than last on the priority list for getting a zeta then these two should take that spot
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Just sayin... ;):*
    I'll admit, that's pretty funny.
    If there was any spot lower than last on the priority list for getting a zeta then these two should take that spot
    +5
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Jacman11 wrote: »
    Hey all!

I was running some ideas through my head on what might make a good zeta for baze, wanted your input. I think these additions would round out his character strengths while accentuating some of his weaknesses, without making him overpowered. Note: changes and affects listed below are in addition to current ability descriptions.

Option 1: For Jedha(zeta) : Whenever Baze Malbus taunts, he regains 50% protection and gains defense up for 2 turns, with a 60% chance to instead regain 80% protection and gain defense up and offense up for 3 turns.

Option 2: Heavy Repeater Cannon(zeta) : Baze's attacks reduce enemy turn meter by 20%. If chirrut imwe is present, both characters gain 20% turn meter.

Appreciate your input! Hopefully CG takes note if we have good ideas :)
    I too would like to request buffs for the characters that I am currently using. File under: all of my good ideas.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    I mean listen to this
    Option 1: For Jedha(zeta) : Whenever Baze Malbus taunts, he regains 50% protection and gains defense up for 2 turns, with a 60% chance to instead regain 80% protection and gain defense up and offense up for 3 turns
    Holy shee.

Like even if you wanted to buff the best tank in game, would you truly go this far? Has all sense of fairness been thrown out the window?
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    Baze is literally the last character in the game in need of a new zeta ability.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    Please, guys, tell me if you really think what the OP suggested is fair. I'd love to know. Especially paired as Chaze, with the ideas the OP submitted, would Baze even be remotely killable?
  • Options
    I mean listen to this
    Option 1: For Jedha(zeta) : Whenever Baze Malbus taunts, he regains 50% protection and gains defense up for 2 turns, with a 60% chance to instead regain 80% protection and gain defense up and offense up for 3 turns
    Holy shee.

Like even if you wanted to buff the best tank in game, would you truly go this far? Has all sense of fairness been thrown out the window?

Chaze do have counters. I read that Asajj makes them her beeetches :). And if you ad TFP.for his tenacity down, B2 for his dispel and B2 for his Execute you will take first place guaranted. Since they are so much counters.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    I mean listen to this
    Holy shee.

Chaze do have counters. I read that Asajj makes them her beeetches :). And if you ad TFP.for his tenacity down, B2 for his dispel and B2 for his Execute you will take first place guaranted. Since they are so much counters.
    ...so you think that adding this to the game would be fair? -- v
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    Lol at baze with a zeta.

You give baze a zeta you might as well give GK one

Some toons don't need zeta at least currently and baze is def one of them
  • Options
    I mean listen to this
    Holy shee.

Put in geo spy for the fifth spot and you'll be pretty much unstoppable
  • Options
    Lol.

How about:
    For Jedha (Level 8)

This is a fantastic idea
  • Options
    I mean listen to this
    Holy shee.

Exactly. Hmm I wonder why I don't see this comp more in arena, I think that people need to be told more about this counters. It's our moral duty to open their eyes.
  • Options
    I mean listen to this
    Holy shee.

Off course it would be fair. It does not matter how strong a toon is as long taht he has counters.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    Options
    I mean listen to this
    Holy shee.

Off course it would be fair. It does not matter how strong a toon is as long taht he has counters.
    Quoting this so you can never edit it.
    I mean listen to this
    Holy shee.

Exactly. Hmm I wonder why I don't see this comp more in arena, I think that people need to be told more about this counters. It's our moral duty to open their eyes.
    Your sarcasm detector is apparently off.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    He doesn't need a zeta. He doesn't even need his "dauntless courage" unqiue, cause it just gives the 4th tankiest character in the game, who has multiple synergies with the best healer in the game an extra 20% health. And if you say it's for the part where chirrut gets the extra health it's not needed. He has the best healing abitlites in the game, and minimum 27% Health steal, along with an ally that taunts when he's hurt. It's just a needed buff to a character who doesn't need one