Jedi Event and Energy refreshes

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited February 2016
So, on the one hand, it's clear to see why the went with a Jedi event first (and no, it's not because "everyone loves Jedi!!! They're the good guys!"). Honestly I think there are 3 factors:

1) The meta has moved away from Jedi (so they are not as common as they "should" be) - outside of 7* Lumi, most f2p (and even many p2p) don't have a 2nd & 3rd Jedi (let alone 5) above 4 or 5*.

2) Most Jedi are "farmable" in the Cantina - which is also the most crystal expensive way to do so (if you refresh). It's also the slowest - encouraging crystal refreshes...which of course, encourage spending $$$.

3) To release a Jedi that WILL work with the current meta - one that will be sought after strongly...so as to encourage spending as per point 2.

As support for #2, I would also like to point out that while Jedi make up about 20% of the characters available in the game (14 out of 71 if I can count - and I probably can't), they make up only 9% of the characters whose shards can be bought in GW shipments or Arena shipments (2 of the combined 22 character available). However of the 11 characters available in Cantina shipments, 3 are currently Jedi - and one is Poe (the most sought-after character for Arena...go figure ;)

Don't get me wrong - I am not complaining (in fact I do have 5 Jedi already active and all at 3* or higher) and am absolutely stoked about the update and the event.

I am just pointing out an observation that may already be obvious to some - and possibly a PSA of sorts to try to fight the urge to impulse buy crystals for Cantina simply to ramp up Jedi farming in Cantina. It's a TRAP!!! ;)

Well played CG/EA, well played.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Options
    +1000

Nice post, I was thinking the same thing
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I doubt that they put that much thought into it. They did this because most people have at least a couple Jedi, there are 5+ farmable Jedi characters so everyone can think this is doable, and they already have at least one Jedi character tested and ready to go.

There are very few other character groupings that have enough characters to have an event around. In almost every scenario (Droids, Sith, Empire, Rebellion, FO) they would need to combine two groups to make one playable event or they'd have to reduce to smaller teams.

They really didn't have much choice. I'm of the opinion that they added QGJ because they knew they needed one more 'good' Jedi character that could be farmed and people really would have whined a lot more if they had to farm Ashoka. They didn't add him to GW because they really didn't want to see what would happen when every team in every server had QGC available the way they have Luminara today.

PS. People are going to be **** when this new Jedi character has a speed of 105 as a support at max gear. ;)