I guess I don't get the joke...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    It's really an old mechanic from before guilds. In the early game and before guilds were implemented, those ally requests from arena were the only way to get allies other than manually entering somebody else's number. It would be nice to be able to turn that feature off though.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Arena is all about beating your competitor. There isn't any reason to be friends with someone unless you work together for payouts. I had this one guy friend me yet attacked me every single time I was ahead of him. Yeah I really want a scrub like that as a friend. Quickly deleted him. Screw people like that, they ain't using my G11 zeta toons. I reserved my allies list for my best geared guild buddies. Everyone else is my enemy.

i don't know if this comment is meant to be funny, but i do find it rather funny ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Arena is all about beating your competitor. There isn't any reason to be friends with someone unless you work together for payouts. I had this one guy friend me yet attacked me every single time I was ahead of him. Yeah I really want a scrub like that as a friend. Quickly deleted him. Screw people like that, they ain't using my G11 zeta toons. I reserved my allies list for my best geared guild buddies. Everyone else is my enemy.

When swgoh is all you have in life :lol::lol:
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

Idk why but i laughed so hard at this post hahahahahahahah!! I think it's the way you wrote it, "quickly deleted him" hahahahahahah!!

It does make sense to be enemies with snipers though, your friends wouldn't attack you out of nowhere everytime you got ahead of them...
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

When swgoh is all you have in life :lol::lol:

Says the make droids great again everyday on the forums guy.

Get a ingame life homie.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    What is the purpose of sending an ally request after defeating someone in arena?
    Yeah it's totally pointless. If I were able to beat him I don't want him to be my friend, because he's too weak. And if he wins I'm too offended and mad and don't want him as a friend either. :D
  • Options
    Coolmcdrew wrote: »
    Its so you can take their power for yourself! Ive found some really powerful allies from Arena, so i welcome it. The "veiw your collection" popup on the other hand... OH BOY thats some salt in the wound

TBH no one around me in arena can offer a better roster than my current allies. It doesn't seem like that's why they do it lol.

And they're supposed to know this, how?
  • Options
    Well they might have defeated you, but maybe they found your team to be strong and would like to profit from your toons as allies in non-PvP battles.

This. I have not cleared any nodes in 9 hard that don't have character shards yet, nor Cantina.

You lose out on the automatic shard for your first win if you just blow through it asap
  • Options
    Absolutely agree with that feeling in principle, but too lazy to grudge on random internet videogame people.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Well, how else are you going to get strong allys? Besides your guild of course. 99.9% of the teams the game suggests to use as your leader that you are not allied with is horrible. Most of the ones I see at level 85 are 7k or below in power.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Well, how else are you going to get strong allys? Besides your guild of course. 99.9% of the teams the game suggests to use as your leader that you are not allied with is horrible. Most of the ones I see at level 85 are 7k or below in power.

Good point, i also can't understand why they put those terrible teams in there! If the point to have your allies is to share their toons, why do we get unkown ppl toons that aren't even g10?? Where does that come from?
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    I view it this way....
    b4Pk9yv.gif
    Just replace "this" with "your ally codes"
  • Belfazar
    586 posts Member
    Options
    I always did the opposite. When i lost in arena thats when i sent the request.
  • Options
    wow I add them cause I want their lead never as an insult. never thought they would take it like thst. sorry to all my allies !