Chaze-less Theory Crafting

Prev1
Brigger
241 posts Member
Imagine a galaxy without Chaze. Personally I think it would make this game much more interesting. Since the release of Chaze, with the exception of sith, every top tier team is built around Chaze. So let's do some theory crafting where Chaze isn't in the picture at all. You don't even have to worry about including a counter to Chaze in these theories.

Keep in mind, I don't want this thread to turn into a "Nerf Chaze" thread. I simply think it would be interesting to imagine a game without Chaze. In my opinion, the game would be much more diversified and balanced. Fully zeta'd first order teams would stand a better chance, along with zFinn resistance teams.

I'll start off with a team that doesn't need to worry about having enough DPS to whittle down Baze but has plenty of CC to take out any other team. I'm actually gonna try this team out when I finally get DN geared up (soonish)

GK (lead), Fives, Aayla, R2 and DN.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Rex (L) + GK +DN +R2 + Zylo
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Phasma (l) (not Zeta), Rey, Geonosian Soldier, RG, and Luminara.
    Oh oops, too late.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi with R2
    Resistance with R2
    FO with zetas
    Sith
    Zader
    Krennic/DT

All beat Chaze on offense
  • Options
    Jedi with R2
    Resistance with R2
    FO with zetas
    Sith
    Zader
    Krennic/DT

Don't forget Rex with R2
  • Unimatrix
    283 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

u can change r2 to EP and shock your enemies to bits! Do the laughter special to make Zylo's health drop < 100% for the additional damage there...
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    Can you imagine a world without chaze?
    9f20a.jpg?w=682&h=519
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options

Not trying to beat Chaze because they don't exist in this thread.

Get it?

This is a thread where we completely ignore chaze's existence.
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    Can you imagine a world without chaze?
    9f20a.jpg?w=682&h=519

hahahahaha
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma (l) (not Zeta), Rey, Geonosian Soldier, RG, and Luminara.
    Oh oops, too late.

Nice. Way old school. How about Dooku (lead), GS, RG, QGJ, and Old Daka? Original Dodge meta lol
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    GK(L), 5s, K2SO, Casian, DN
    I also had thought of your team op.
  • Options
    Jedi with R2
    Resistance with R2
    FO with zetas
    Sith
    Zader
    Krennic/DT

Krennic/Dt ? Did you just read their abilities description and throw them on so your list would be longer?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Wiggs, GK, r2 (zeta), b2
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • SPAstef
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My current team is:
    Rex (L), EP, Zylo, Shoretrooper, Nihilus.
    Shoretropper is really good vs. debuffers, since he gets his cooldown reduced by 1 turn for every buff he has, and usually he has at least 2 buffs, so he'll be ready to heal/taunt straight away. Nihilus is fundamental to block abilities, debuff, and insta-kill. Zylo is useful for stunning, more than other. His Zeta improves his durability, but's not a must have (for this particular team). EP prevents rebuff and stuns, and finally Rex is Rex.
    May the Force be with you, always.
  • Options
    *sigh* stop hating on Chaze, people.
  • AndrewIss
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Brigger wrote: »
    "Nerf Chaze"

+1

• Options
    Boba + Jango
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    I can beat Chaze with my droids fairly easily since they made the uniques not persist after death and fixed 88's healing immunity.

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    I see shad full of geonosian.. people scared and avoid them, they are too OP.

Then i wake up. Oh, just a dream. :sleeping:
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Geo Spy is frightening against Chaze.
  • Options
    Actually the toon that gives me the worst problems is GK. A double zeta R2D2 is going to be vicious also. If I see a decently modded zQGJ/GK/Z2D2 team there is no way I'm even going to try beating that with my current team.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options

RacerDejak wrote: »

Geo Spy is frightening against Chaze.

Pssstt please don't say that.. if people find out, they will ask to nerf geo spy lol :D
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I can beat Chaze with my droids fairly easily since they made the uniques not persist after death and fixed 88's healing immunity.

i gotta ask, how much difference does the unique not persisting after death make compared to IG88's healing immu being fixed? My guess is that if they would have only fixed ig88 you'd be golden aswell.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

^ works like a charm.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Actually the toon that gives me the worst problems is GK. A double zeta R2D2 is going to be vicious also. If I see a decently modded zQGJ/GK/Z2D2 team there is no way I'm even going to try beating that with my current team.

Agreed. I always wonder why people hate Chaze and not GK. They must not encounter him yet, because he is way tougher. He's as close to Chaze in one toon as possible.
    Brigger wrote: »
    Fully zeta'd first order teams would stand a better chance, along with zFinn resistance teams.

Yeah, Chaze isn't a problem for First Order. If you want to imagine a would without Zaul however....
    Post edited by tharduskafka on
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    zzDN, Dooku, GK, zKylo, zFOST
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

^ works like a charm.

Still struggles against high powered Chaze though. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

i gotta ask, how much difference does the unique not persisting after death make compared to IG88's healing immu being fixed? My guess is that if they would have only fixed ig88 you'd be golden aswell.

Agreed, I think the healing immunity makes a larger difference so that Chirrut doesn't just fully heal himself on counterattacks, although Chirrut having 20% less health is also probably a nice bonus as he'll drop a little easier.
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I'm not hating on Chaze, I just think this game would be a lot more interesting without them. Right now, every top tier squad people try to come up with is usually centered around Chaze. I like looking for new and different ideas, and this was the best way I could think of to entice the masses to help.

So far, so good peeps! Keep the Ideas coming!
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    If we didn't have Chaze we would be begging for it a long time ago because then we wouldn't have a Full Rogue One team
  • Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Options
    Just like we're begging for Jedi Luke? But for even longer........