Phasma is turning us all into clones

Replies

• Options
    The complaint that she is op has to do with speedier toons getting more chances to go giving more chances to proc, that is all, Its all going to even out regardless, they made a quick patch on a much larger underlying issue.
  • Options
    No other options but to switch to Sid if Phasma not as good. Wait to see what the new characters are.
  • Options
    I use a team of Qgj leader. Dooku, Lum, JC, and Daka. Sometimes I beat Phasma teams and some times they rock my socks off. Same with Poe teams. I can beat them, but not always. That's balance for me.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    That's because there are no viable lesders. Most other leaders are faction restricted. If Poe gave Offense to everybody instead of just resistance, you would see s lot more poe leader teams

Poe or Finn?

• Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Phasma leading a First Order team (without the stormtrooper) in the patch will still be legit. Phasma for other teams is done. I fight for #1 everyday, not much of a struggle, on a newer max level 64 server, gear 8. Getting #1 is very often decided by a heal or support ability like my Poggle buff or Phasma's own skill causing an assist. If IG-88 has time to be Poggled and Poed, I am probably done. If Geo and QGJ call in a second assist, I am probably done. Each hit matters. Phasma will be replaced on my team by QGJ or Yoda.
  • Options
    the #1 on my shard has been leading old ben for a while now.
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Alita wrote: »

I have him at 4*. If they move him to a shipment, I will drop what I am doing to get him sharded up. He's too squishy and impotent at 4*, gear 5 right now. His offense down and ability block behind a Poe taunt is unstoppable.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    You also see a lot of Phasma, Sid, Lumi because they are the easiest leaders to 7* with a remotely useful effect for general purpose play and have reasonably good kits to boot. Theres IG-88 and poggle as well but they are for more specific squads so you see a bit less of them.

The top 20 of my arena is 7x Sid 6x Phasma a few HK and Poggle and a couple 1 ofs like IG-88.
  • Options
    The team I've spent so much time and money on is going to be "fixed" soon. Great job guys. I'm switching to the nerf free ewok team now.
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Alita wrote: »

I have him at 4*. If they move him to a shipment, I will drop what I am doing to get him sharded up. He's too squishy and impotent at 4*, gear 5 right now. His offense down and ability block behind a Poe taunt is unstoppable.

level up his unique. i wish the AI would kill my old ben, it would make the rest of my team unstoppable.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Here is the rhetoric yet again. Characters are somehow bugged because you don't have them or because they beat you.

Nerf nerf nerf... I think I should make a book where all the creatures say "nerf"

I don't think anyone called for a nerf here, so your statement really has no correlation to the discussion. I hope you are very successful with your phasma leader though. It should win you a lot of friends and endorsements.

Was referred to as broken. Assumed it was implied it needed a "fix" (nerf).

Reading comprehension.

Not looking for friends or endorsements here. Anyone looking for friends on this cesspool board I feel bad for.

Yes and they are "fixing" the "broken" part. So fix is correct, nerf is not. So look into the reading comprehension thing.

I have.
  • Options
    Well that erased most of my reply. Gotta board a flight I don't have time to respond to your hyperbole.
  • Options
    I tend to agree, top 100 in our server's Arena consists of at least 75 Phasma-led teams, with at least 8 such teams in top-10 and 4 such teams in top 5 on a regular basis. A little bit boring (although, not playing Phasma myself, I can easily see all the reasons underneath this choice, it is very strong).
  • Options
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    I think all they should do is make a leadership ability go away if said leader is killed. How can a leader lead if he/she is dead.

Yeah it should be like in the original trilogy where after Obiwan dies he has no further impact on the story.

Yes, it's exactly like that. I loved how it turned out he was actually a filthy liar that tried to convince an impressionable young man to kill his own father because he didn't have the stomach to do it himself when he had the chance. No, this gutless **** instead left his so called "brother" that he "loved" to burn to death in agony next to liquid hot magma after severing his 3 remaining limbs. But of course good old Obi Wan didn't forget to steal his, still alive, friend's lightsaber.

Sorry for the rant...not an Obi Wan fan. Lol

Better watch out or kenobi will chop of three of your limbs and leave you to burn in lava. :) lol ;)
  • Options
    Well what do you expect. They release a new toon and everyone rushes to 7* her. She's good, but not great imo. Plus she's getting a fix / nerf. Sid is still better imo

I do agree tho, there should be more viable leaders than exist in the meta. I feel like 90% are specialized for droids, rebels, etc and the other 5% are bad characters. No one runs a theme team sadly
  • Options
    I'm not afraid to say that Phasma should ne nerfed, though that wasn't my initial point. The point is that an increasing majority of players are using Phasma, whether they want to or not, because she practically doubles or even triples the number of attacks. My vet team of six-seven star, seven-eight gear level team can't break the 100 rank anymore because of a wall of low to mid level Phasma's that guarantee their players a disproportionate and patently "broken" advantage. It only adds insult to injury from a fan standpoint to see a mediocre character from the Star Wars canon like Phasma take down a legacy Sith character like Sidious. Looking forward to the fix, patch, nerf, whatever you want to call it, not just for gameplay sake, but also for some pvp originality.
  • Options
    On my server (max lvl mid 50:-) there are 8 phasma leaders in the top 100. Much more likely to see did, lumi, offee.
  • Options
    Level 70 here, almost all Phasma's and the rest Sid...and me, slugging it out to stay below 100 with Lumi up front, Chewie, Sid, Consular and IG86. Sadly, Phasma is in the works as I think it's currently the only option to counter itself. I was hoping to see some cool team combos and it's nothing but shiny masks
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    In a pretty typical composition with Phasma, Sid, Dooku, Kylo and Lumi, new Phasma will miss a grand total of 0.54 sttacks in the whole combat. 0.36 from her own Victory March, 0.18 from luminara's heal. That's it. Kylo doesnt hsve any non attack action. Neiter does Dooku, or Sid or msny other staple units like FOTP or Rey or QGJ.

If one attack every 2 combats with a 15% penslty is broken, then what about Geo, QGJ or IG86, who call them more than once per combat, often with a bonus?

Also, if you think losing 0.54 attacks per combat with 15% less damage mske Phasma "useless", then don't take her. Easy as that.
  • Options
    In my server top 50,
    22 people use Phasma as Leader.
    23 people use Sid as Leader.
  • Options
    "Phasma, Sid, Dooku, Kylo and Lumi" - This team just wiped three of my seven star toons by turn three in the arena because of a six star Phasma (and five star Dooku literally getting five attacks to my one in turn two). They haven't fixed or nerfed jack. About to walk away from this altogether before we are all forced to play the same team eventually. They've got a broken fight system, broken characters, and are stingy as hell with the currency and shards.
  • Options
    Also curious how many of the peeps on here saying they don't see any Phasma teams on their servers are actually playing Phasma team themselves and just trying to deflect. I don't mean to be accusatory but I bet there are quite a few because the unfair advantage is obvious and who wouldn't want an unfair advantage with no consequences. We will all be doing it before long, or we will have left already.
  • Options
    Just lost an Arena battle to a team 4000 point less powerful than mine because he had Phasma, Dooku, and Poe. So tired of this broken ****.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Yadda_123 wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's laughable that the top of the arena and more and more the galactic wars are populated by a sea of Phasma helmets. Take note EA, this is what happens when you make one leader ability far stronger than all the others. These chumps are throwing five star Dooku at me but because they can easily level up Phasma, they are taking down my 7* team like they aren't even there. Look like I should start a Phasma team now considering that is all that will be left before too long. Broken.

I agree on all counts listed. Currently perfecting my phasma, then I will see you in the top 5!
  • Options
    If Ben or Dooku's leadership abilities actually did something, I'd consider not using Phasma.

Most players don't have enough 7* of the same faction to benefit from a leaders speed buff. Phasma will need a major buff by year end to compete.
  • Options
    Be nice to see a defensive leader that can cut it in the arena. Halves all incoming damage or something. Anything but another offensive leader.

But everything is about speed/offense.
  • Options
    Here is the rhetoric yet again. Characters are somehow bugged because you don't have them or because they beat you.

Nerf nerf nerf... I think I should make a book where all the creatures say "nerf"

I nerf with the nerf, nerf is way too nerf it makes me wanna nerf someone in the nerfs

I love my Phasma and Dooku
    Roger roger
  • Options
    What a bunch of ****. Those saying that Phasma should get nerfed really need to work on their game. It's not our fault you can't think properly. As for you OP, what are you on about? There is probably only 3 Phasma leaders in the top 50 of my arena so you must be on something. Quit whining along with these other drag queens on this thread and start thinking about other ways to take on a team. Suggesting Phasma should be nerfed is clearly for the weak minded. As far as I'm concerned you should all be nerfed.
  • Options
    She's not that common on my server. I see much more sid,hk, and qgj leads.