Going 3rd to 43rd in my arena overnight, why?

I'm guessing my team is not the best on defense but 3 to 43 is a huge drop. Pretty easily, the next day, I can go back to top 20 then with a refresh to top 10 but it's a pita.
My arena team is rex L, zylo, r2, nihilus and EP.
Any ideas how I can change that team to stay more sturdy?

Replies

• SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You have no tanks to protect Nihilus, Zylo is awful on defense, and R2 is only helping Rex. You also don't have any particularly fast base speed toons so you're likely not going first (R2 is fast but doesn't do a lot with burning against anyone but Maul). You're probably winning on offense because of zKylo and because the AI isn't focused on blocking Rex first. On defense if Rex has his special blocked then it's game over for you.

You can have either Nihilus OR Zylo but not both unless maybe you have Chaze around them (even then it's a little dicey. Rex, Nihilus, Chaze, and GK triple cleanse seems to be the most popular team atm.
  • Options
    You mean you haven't got any tank/taunt on your team?
    It's just super easy to take down.
    It'll hold ten times better if you add Chaze.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Teams fall on defense, it's just a matter of how much. Rex and Palpatine are squishy, and Nihilus is a big target.

Zylo does poorly on defense because the AI defaults to his non-zeta attack. Palpatine doesn't last long. Keep going with Rex and Nihilus. (You will want a tank who can taunt and help Nihilus survive the opening wave of attacks.) I've also used a fast Boba Fett for his ability block and execute. Get your R2 fast in hopes that you can get everybody but Zylo stealthed before they get wiped out.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I don't have chaze but I can use shoreetrooper to replace someone? My rex, Kylo and r2 are a little over 200 speed.
    My understanding of r2 is that he put the team into stealth and take the heat right at the start. That is why I didn't put a tank there.
    I could use boba savage or dooku to replace Kylo or ep
  • Options
    Well thank you guys for the help.
    I'm running rex L nihilus boba r2 shoretrooper today, I think it might work better
  • Options
    Rex and EP without a tank is like a free all you can eat buffet, with DN for dessert.