Empire month yay?

Prev1
Seltgar
217 posts Member
This has not been an impressive empire month so far. Zader fix, R2 in game. Empire got veers and troopers. Maybe good tarkin? Emperor needs a zeta to be competitive. We need thrawn to make this a passible empire month.

Replies

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    We need the Tarkin rework to be META. This Rex, Zaul, poor AI that anybody can beat META is getting old. The whales aren't happy and neither am I.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Someone is upset that 50 players out of 20k can beat their team... I don't think the idea was to make it so you sit in top ten all day every day. No team is unbeatable, and for good reason.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Someone is upset that 50 players out of 20k can beat their team... I don't think the idea was to make it so you sit in top ten all day every day. No team is unbeatable, and for good reason.

Lol I still sit in the top ten all day, but I can't be on at payout. I'm very close to f2p so it helps when I can get credit for having the better squad.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Exar, the lack of variety in arena shards in the top 20 highlights the problem. Everyone has a maul team, or Rex, Baze, Kenobi, Cheirut teams. First order, and Jedi can do well too. Empire isn't in that list. Zetas have improved the variety, but I would like to see Empire competing for the top spots too.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    Exar, the lack of variety in arena shards in the top 20 highlights the problem. Everyone has a maul team, or Rex, Baze, Kenobi, Cheirut teams. First order, and Jedi can do well too. Empire isn't in that list. Zetas have improved the variety, but I would like to see Empire competing for the top spots too.

Your shard still runs Zaul? They were countered before R2... Anyways, you just listed Five viable leads thats are useful with various team compositions. What do you mean top 20 isn't diverse?
  • Options

Your shard still runs Zaul? They were countered before R2... Anyways, you just listed Five viable leads thats are useful with various team compositions. What do you mean top 20 isn't diverse?

Was gonna say the same thing. Have we forgotten the OB/Dooku meta already? Wiggs meta? Poe droids meta?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

Lol I still sit in the top ten all day, but I can't be on at payout. I'm very close to f2p so it helps when I can get credit for having the better squad.

I hear you, but what about credit to the guys grinding in the 50-100 range? If they didn't have a chance to ever climb the ladder, then where is their recognition? They grind as hard as any of us, and probably have it harder than high end arena. At least some us know each other and try not to thrash eachother too much outside of payout. It's a madhouse in the below 50 climb at payout. Just for 150 crystals each day? They deserve the real credit.
  • Options
    Seltgar wrote: »
    This has not been an impressive empire month so far. Zader fix, R2 in game. Empire got veers and troopers. Maybe good tarkin? Emperor needs a zeta to be competitive. We need thrawn to make this a passible empire month.

Palpatine needs a zeta? To be competitive?! One of the most versatile, used, high damage, tricked out kitted toons needs more? Foolish. This empire month has been great. Imp troops are fun as hell
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Ayzen_1024 wrote: »

Palpatine needs a zeta? To be competitive?! One of the most versatile, used, high damage, tricked out kitted toons needs more? Foolish. This empire month has been great. Imp troops are fun as hell

Shock and AOE stun.. Enough said. Love Palp.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options

This right here
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Ummm, I just said we have more variety than we used to, but Empire is not included in the list of teams at the top. And, yes people still run Maul lead. How could you think that is surprising? Look at the meta report. My shard is from June or July 2016. And, yes I know that a Maul counter was popular before R2. I mentioned it when I said Rex, Cheirut, Baze, General Kenobi, right along with Maul teams...

In terms of troopers I am not sure yet how great they are as it is still early. It doesn't include the major empire characters that people already used except for shoretrooper so may be a while till we start seeing them. I haven't bothered to look into them much on youtube videos.

The meta report supports what I wrote.
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
  • Options

I would love to see Palpatene get a zeta. Not sure if he ever will but I'm currently using him as (L) with GK, DN, Chaze and I'm able to stay within the top 20 at the moment. Palpatene is awesome, a zeta would make him really awesome. Depending on the rest of the squad being used, Palpatenes stun and shock can be very useful at times.
  • Juex777
    968 posts Member
    Options
    Chillax! Troopers are really cool. Thrawn will be in his way any day. Tarkin will get a rework. Empire will possibly get a cleanser and become op. Vader bug fix was stupid because you can still basically do the same thing.... Only manually, which is boring as pavement.

Got don't need empire to be meta in arena. They're really good and loads better than most factions. And they're not done yet even with this round.
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    Options

I hear you, but what about credit to the guys grinding in the 50-100 range? If they didn't have a chance to ever climb the ladder, then where is their recognition? They grind as hard as any of us, and probably have it harder than high end arena. At least some us know each other and try not to thrash eachother too much outside of payout. It's a madhouse in the below 50 climb at payout. Just for 150 crystals each day? They deserve the real credit.

+1
  • Options
    Pyrimis wrote: »

+1

+111111111111

I grind hard every day and have to claw my way back into the top 100 every day. Most days I make it, some days i don't. It's tough competition.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    Fulcrum Ahsoka's characteristics:

Basic: physical damage, gain protection up and give an ally protection up

Meditate: gain foresight and copy all non-unique buffs from allies for two turns. then gain 15% tm for each buff (cd3)

Whirlwind: consume all buffs on ahsoka and deal physical damage. Score an additional hit for each type of buff consumed. (Up to 11 hits), Can't be Evaded, 50% armor ignore (cd 3 - zeta)

Perseverance: Ahsoka is immune to damage over time effects. At the end of each turn, Ahsoka dispels all debuffs on her, and looses 14%-10% health for each debuff dispelled, and heals for 1%-5% for each buff on her. This damage cannot defeat ahsoka. 30% crit avoidance from somewhere

New Tarkin:

When Omegaed, Basic grants 50% potency, stacking until Ultimate Firepower is used.

Ultimate Firepower: Deal special damage to all enemies, with 100% chance to remove 50% TM. Gains Offense equal to double Tarkin's Potency.

Intimidation Tactics: Gain Potency Up for 1-3 turns, inflict critical chance down and offense down for 2-3 turns on all enemies. Cannot be resisted by rebels. Gain bonus TM for each debuffed enemy.

Tighten the Grip (Leader): Empire allies gain 30 speed. Inflict Defense Down for 2 turns on enemies that fall below 100% health during Empire allies' turns. This cannot be resisted.

Callous Conviction (Unique): Gains Defense equal to 100% of his Potency. Zeta: Gains 20% Potency per debuffed enemy.

• Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    So empire pass means power rebels makes sense
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options

Be careful with that kind of talk around here. If you even suggest yr shard is anything but the exact same 5 toons you'll get crucified. I point out on Reddit my shards top five was diverse (it is. Only 2 chazes and 3 DN, 10 total unique toons that was only used once. All different leaders and completely different mechanics used to win.) and people seemed to take it personally. I love this game and compared to most other games I've played like this the devs have done a wonderful job of keeping it diverse and making sure any team is beatable by multiple other teams but the community kinda sucks. So many fun-sucking just negative people that it's amazing.
  • Options
    We had an empire pass?
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    I'm with a lot of people here.

Honestly CG has dropped the ball again.

Rebels have been present in the meta for ever....... sith had from feb and they are already being phased out and replaced with guess what REBELS and light side toons once again.

Ever since GK and chaze came out they have been present in top meta and have continued to be top meta and we can't even get a few months of sith before they were cut out.

This empire "pass" was nothing more than a fluke to introduce another rebel on the empire "pass" what a freaking joke
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    They're good, it's just they don't have a cleanser
  • Options
    Are good at what exactly ? They can't consistently compete against sith, rebels or jedi, especially the first to.
  • 2findaz
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of people complaining about the empire pass and Rebels, understandably and rightfully so, however If Thrawn comes to Empire as a cleanser, then imo all is forgiven
  • Options
    2findaz wrote: »
    Lots of people complaining about the empire pass and Rebels, understandably and rightfully so, however If Thrawn comes to Empire as a cleanser, then imo all is forgiven

Only if Thrawn, as cleanser, is enough to counter the new rebel meta.
  • ReveNCZ
    52 posts Member
    Options
    find ur shardmates, rotate for number 1 with others, or take 1st everyday if u are alone in ur payout -> no more worries about rex, chaze, maul or other OP or not toons...work on your raid squads in peace :)
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options

Agree

• Options

Depends, if he is a cleanser with a skill set like Ackbar, nothing is forgiven. If he is a cleanser with a skill set like GK, then yeah.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    Options

Depends, if he is a cleanser with a skill set like Ackbar, nothing is forgiven. If he is a cleanser with a skill set like GK, then yeah.

Very true I just hope they do something to actually help empire

• DannyB
    69 posts Member
    Options
    There are a lot more rebel characters to pick from than empire, the movies focus on the "light side" characters (some are a bit grey) yes I believe the game should be more balanced but I don't believe that it is the developers fault really-they are basing it on films, the films focus on the light side, therefore there are more light side toons.

I like that they released more average lightside toons lately (bodhi, pao etc) rather than more op ones, it gives variety, covers the movies and doesn't make it more ridiculously one sided.

Thawn would be awesome, I read a lot of those stories as a kid, also revan from kotor (loved those games too!!) but Jedi Luke despite being yet another Jedi and Rebel to me is a linch pin character not yet covered with the current farm boy and should definitely be in the game.

There is more viable options than there has been in the game for a while I think, yes the dark side still needs more options and factions need filling out (nightsisters, ewoks, tuskens etc -otherwise make them sub factions and more adaptable) but it isn't join this meta or lose anymore.