Is Fulcrum Ahsoka Bugged?

Prev1
According to the Nute post, "The wording states “each turn”, which means that Nute’s ability should be triggering the first time a character gets a Critical Hit on their turn, not on assists, which is what is happening."

My understanding of Ahsoka's unique is that "at the end of EACH TURN" she dispels all debuffs on herself. So according to what the Devs have just said, this should only proc at the end of her own turn. In every video posted so far, she dispels all debuffs at the end of every person's turn (including the end of the enemy's turns). Bug?

Replies

• Arwenara
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I see what you did there...
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Btw it's prototype/promotional content in videos, not final version. It will become bug if the final version landed on us and not working as it suppose to be.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Which is why they changed the wording of Gunray's leader ability, to more properly reflect its actual restriction
  • Options
    Oops.

No... Its the devs trying to cover up wai/wad and opening another can of worms instead of owning up that someone was smart and took non bugs and did something creative and inventive.

The Kylo escape is as old as the rancor raid... Just very few used him back then. I did so I've known he has that ability from day 1.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Options
    It would be much simpler to copy the mechanic of Echo's By the Book unique : "Clone allies recover 3% of their Max Health whenever they use a Basic ability. This effect can't trigger more than once before their next turn, and is disabled if Echo is defeated."

Simple, clear, and prevents abuse.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like it. It wouldn't be the first time wording has been inconstant, like the wording of RG
  • Mist_Passiert
    375 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    FYI Nute's Leader skill is WAI. If you read Royal Guard's Unique: He gains health and Turn Meter if an ally is damaged on EACH TURN. Which is ALL TURNS BY ALL CHARACTERS.

Thus Nute's Leader skill is WAI. TM Gain is allowed on EACH TURN, but only ONE time, for 50% Turn Meter MAXIMUM.

*EDIT*

CG Just updated his Leader skill after R2's release. It would have been perfect timing for them to also clarify that TM gain was limited to particular characters' turns rather than using the term "each turn".
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Viserys wrote: »
    Which is why they changed the wording of Gunray's leader ability, to more properly reflect its actual restriction

It didn't have a restriction though, the wording and turn meter were consistent compared to other abilities so it should probably be noted as a nerf and not a fix
  • Options
    And so StH will be nerfed next... And new ahsoka wording changed...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

It didn't have a restriction though, the wording and turn meter were consistent compared to other abilities so it should probably be noted as a nerf and not a fix

Now now, let's call it something a little
    Easier. like what if we called it a
    Readjustment. they simply changed nute's lead
    For the better of the game.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options

Whether its a nerf or a fix only matters metaphorically. The result is still the same. The point was picking at the old wording's semantics and trying to apply that to other abilities to demonstrate hypocrisy is foolish, because they are changing the semantics of the wording.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Btw it's prototype/promotional content in videos, not final version. It will become bug if the final version landed on us and not working as it suppose to be.

Aren't we Beta testers for this game anyway - I say wait and see, she'll likely be bugged, lol
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

tumwc.gif
  • Mishkin
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    can we also expect chirrits unique to get "fixed" as well to only heal at the start of his turn since it also says each turn
  • TheDarthKnight
    180 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hey, at least it'll still be semi-viable
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Also ahsoka will likely require real money. So they will introduce bugged OP then fix a few weeks later
  • Options
    No she's light side and rebel. Those characters don't get fixed just dark side.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options

Whether its a nerf or a fix only matters metaphorically. The result is still the same. The point was picking at the old wording's semantics and trying to apply that to other abilities to demonstrate hypocrisy is foolish, because they are changing the semantics of the wording.

I don't think it's fair to call someone foolish when they made a point. The current wording of Nute's leader ability was changed with the update including R2D2, so it is not older than Chirrut's or Royal Guard's unique abilities which each have similar mechanics, but it is getting changed again with the reason that "The wording states “each turn”, which means that Nute’s ability should be triggering the first time a character gets a Critical Hit on their turn, not on assists, which is what is happening."
    The other abilities including Ahsoka's that include the term "each turn" are not getting changed as of yet, so calling it a fix instead of a nerf is relevant to show the inconsistency in game design
    Honestly I could care less, it is just annoying how this situation was handled
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Asic wrote: »
    Also ahsoka will likely require real money. So they will introduce bugged OP then fix a few weeks later

This is all too common in mobile gaming. "New Super OP" toon discretely nerfed after sales slow down.
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did since no one really 7* stars any characters anymore.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    Ea/cg does not release bugged toons, especially when they will be selling packs for said toon...

Yes that was sarcasm
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Best post I've seen today
  • Options
    Please be aware that all currently-released footage and information about Fulcrum Ahsoka is still only preliminary. This character is unreleased and therefore subject to change at any time prior to being released. Nothing on her is finalized as of yet and thus cannot technically be bugged.
  • Options
    Please be aware that all currently-released footage and information about Fulcrum Ahsoka is still only preliminary. This character is unreleased and therefore subject to change at any time prior to being released. Nothing on her is finalized as of yet and thus cannot technically be bugged.

Well hopefully bringing this potential bug to the Devs attention will allow them to fix it before she is released.
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    Options

+1
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So this isn't actually a bug at all because Nute's ability specifies their turn, Ahsoka's specifies each turn, meaning every turn not just Ahsoka's....
  • Options
    A large majority of the community fail to see the "big picture" of the game. Nute's leadership ability was neither a bug or WAI. I say this because the developers would never intentionally release a character that could solo half of the hardest achievement in the game to date. Especially only being at gear 6. It was simply a mistake, the developers said that they were aware of this, (personally I don't think they were) but simply didn't want to acknowledge it because apparently Lugo was the only one who knew about it.

If Nute had this leadership ability when the raid was originally released (sometime in August). Players would have been well aware of this strategy. Now that most theory crafters (except Lugo) have this raid on farm mode, they stopped looking for new strategies. Let's be honest, if Lugo's Nuter existed when the raid first came out. The developers would have changed it in a heartbeat. Why? Because it breaks their entire business model, and it's a slap to the face for all of the guilds that have worked hard to accomplish such a difficult task. The developers did the right thing.

Now the mod situation is a different story... I'd blame a recent graduate.
  • wolfmith
    82 posts Member
    Options
    ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Nailed it bro!
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Then I call this false advertising. We all saw how amazing she is, and many will be tempt into buying and 7* her straight away. But the end product is not what was seen. It happened in Battle Pirates and many demanded refund from their CC, got banned but had all their monies refunded by their bank. Is EA heading that way?