So about those mods...

Replies

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    Starbuck wrote: »
    What's even worse is that you raise a very important topic like this in the general area, and it gets immediately moved to Bugs and Issues, which - let's face it - no one even looks at. I do hope CG do something. After all the issues of 2016, they started 2017 so well with TopHat coming on board and more developer-to-community feedback, but they are risking all that now. Just some acknowledgement from CG that the are aware of the issue, and will be providing further communication about how this matter will be dealt with in the near future - that would absolutely satisfy me and shut me up. But the perception currently - right or wrong - is that they want to see if this matter will go away on its own. We love ya CG, but you got to continue to be at the top of the bar with player expectations.
    Hiya!
    We're currently reviewing this situation and will post any updates when applicable. Thanks!

we9n5wcj8ae3.gif

Oh...and for the record, that response was quoted from the Bugs section.
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    Options
    doubt they'll do anything, not a great precedent to set since future loopholes will be exploited fully and they will have very little recourse to rectify it without creating even more dissatisfaction.
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Im incredibly perturbed by the do nothing approach to the recent mod upgrade bug. You're just letting the perpetrators get away withs tens of, in many cases hundreds of millions in credits for exploiting the system.

This will/has created a huge imbalance in the force.. where those of us who didnt take advantage are feeling punished for either doing the right thing, or missing the window to do the wrong thing, or simply not doing the wrong thing for fear of a ban.

A roll back should have been performed within the hour it was discovered. Its obviously too late at this point for that. But for EA to tell me they have no way of identifying the people who may have potentially exploited this bug has to be a complete load of crap. Marketing and analytics is key to a game as profitable as this one is, and im sure they could identify people who had a large influx in credits on that day or the days following. Or possibly even who had upgraded more mods than their bank balance would have allowed within that 1 hour window.

And if you dont want to punish them, you should consider rebalancing the situation by rewarding those who didnt participate with a large sum of credits and/or crystals.

Ive spent over 2 grand on this game but that spending is stopping until i see some sort of retribution. Assuming i dont outright quit over this bull.

And before the exploiters and fan boys tell me im being salty, i am well aware. Im very salty over this and feel im within my rights to be.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    acavite1 wrote: »
    Ive spent over 2 grand on this game but that spending is stopping until i see some sort of retribution. Assuming i dont outright quit over this bull.

And before the exploiters and fan boys tell me im being salty, i am well aware. Im very salty over this and feel im within my rights to be.

Just 2 grand? You little dolphin you. How cute!

P.s. I hear dolphin meat is pretty good with a lil salt added.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Eckle
    32 posts Member
    Options
    100% agreed acavite. I would be a proponent of rewarding those who didn't game the glitch in the system.
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    Options

Just 2 grand? You little dolphin you. How cute!

P.s. I hear dolphin mean is pretty good with a lil salt added.

Yes a dolphin, but thanks for the bump.
  • Options
    Don't try to think this game is fair in any way, unfortunately/fortunately​ many whales participated also. They won't be banning them.
  • Eckle
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Don't try to think this game is fair in any way, unfortunately/fortunately​ many whales participated also. They won't be banning them.

Perhaps but they could do something for those of us that didn't take advantage. And how about the fact that they were able to upgrade all toons they were working on to 7* for free... this definitely had an affect on my arena shard that same day. New names and new toons pooping up in the top ranks at an alarming rate... Maybe they can't punish those who did it. But the players who didn't shouldn't be put at a disadvantage because of it.
  • Options
    Hundreds of millions? You need to go back to remedial math.

Yeah some gray 5* junk mod hoarders walked away with a few million, even if it's 10m, it's the difference me and my guildmate got in the last heist. Not exactly game changing.

Nobody got new or great mods, they just upgraded the junk lvl 1 mods they didn't sell yet for an increased value. Anything decent they would of already upgraded.
  • J_Raphs
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Let the hate flow!
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    Options

Yeah some gray 5* junk mod hoarders walked away with a few million, even if it's 10m, it's the difference me and my guildmate got in the last heist. Not exactly game changing.

Nobody got new or great mods, they just upgraded the junk lvl 1 mods they didn't sell yet for an increased value. Anything decent they would of already upgraded.

The hundreds of millions follows up on claims of others in previous posts discussing the bugs. I did not crunch the number myself, but i know last time i cleared house just of the worst un upgraded mods i cleared 1.5m. upgraded mods go for far more than their base value. I also have a ton of 4-5 star mods not upgraded but not sold yet either that would be exponentially higher. I could see someone getting close to a hundred million now that im thinking about, if they had a full mod inventory.
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    Options

I realize a ban isnt likely. I was leaning towards revoking credits from mod sales from that day, or giving those who didnt exploit anything a decent stipend.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're just mad you couldn't get in on it. Besides even if they did punish those people you wouldn't hear about it. They don't tend to announce punitive action.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options

I realize a ban isnt likely. I was leaning towards revoking credits from mod sales from that day, or giving those who didnt exploit anything a decent stipend.

People got banned for claiming dozens of raid rewards. Why would this be any different? A temp ban seems absolutely appropriate. But we know they are never consistent on anything.
  • Eckle
    32 posts Member
    Options

A player I know cashed in for 33M. That's not available in any heist that I'm aware of.
  • Options
    Y'all complaining about this clearly have no foresight. Let's think about this, clearly coding wise, they were working on mods. Now we have 100 percent drops, soon, my guess jedi Luke alongside, all these shiny 5 star mods are going to instantly be rendered obsolete. They would be hush about this because their secret needs to stay in the shadows. 6 star-7 star mods, you wait.

As far as credits are concerned, at most people got a good credit heist worth out of it. Big whoop.
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    Options
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Y'all complaining about this clearly have no foresight. Let's think about this, clearly coding wise, they were working on mods. Now we have 100 percent drops, soon, my guess jedi Luke alongside, all these shiny 5 star mods are going to instantly be rendered obsolete. They would be hush about this because their secret needs to stay in the shadows. 6 star-7 star mods, you wait.

As far as credits are concerned, at most people got a good credit heist worth out of it. Big whoop.

Im well aware of the likely upcoming 6 and 7 star mods. But i have a ton of characters sitting at 5-6 star with the shards to upgrade, lvl 65 with the training droids to upgrade. Even 10m makes a difference between finishing my clones or troopers and not having credits to do so.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    I knew about the bug and refused to take advantage of it because a precedent has already been set. Last year there was an exploit glitch that happened where some people could accept multiple raid rewards. Some of those people were suspended and the excess rewards removed. Others were outright banned. If they do nothing to the exploiters, those who follow the rules (myself included) will have a disadvantage. The exploiters saved ~500k credits per mod upgraded. If sold, received ~100k credits. That's a tune of 600k credits per mod sold. They saved 500k per mod kept. Perhaps they didn't bank all that much (1 really good heist worth) but they did save a heck of a lot more than was kept. 3 of my guild mates got an extra 20m credits which they used to level their squads.
  • Eckle
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Kissycat wrote: »
    I knew about the bug and refused to take advantage of it because a precedent has already been set. Last year there was an exploit glitch that happened where some people could accept multiple raid rewards. Some of those people were suspended and the excess rewards removed. Others were outright banned. If they do nothing to the exploiters, those who follow the rules (myself included) will have a disadvantage. The exploiters saved ~500k credits per mod upgraded. If sold, received ~100k credits. That's a tune of 600k credits per mod sold. They saved 500k per mod kept. Perhaps they didn't bank all that much (1 really good heist worth) but they did save a heck of a lot more than was kept. 3 of my guild mates got an extra 20m credits which they used to level their squads.

Upvote
  • Eckle
    32 posts Member
    Options

30M credits for one player
  • Options
    I got a temp ban for the raids reward glitch. Now I know if the game isn't working properly, don't mess around because if though it's not your fault, you will get punished for "abusing" a mistake.

In reality, I didn't actually gain all that much in the raid glitch and the two week ban more than set me back.
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Just a brief update, ive received word that "[modordevnamehere] will issue a statement in thread or announcement based on studio decision."

The thread i believe theyre referring to is this one
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1087795#Comment_1087795

• Options
    Just a brief update, ive received word that "[modordevnamehere] will issue a statement in thread or announcement based on studio decision."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1087795#Comment_1087795

That's not anything new. They've already said they were. If you haven't figured it out by now, take that as a subtle hint to quit your badgering and let them do their jobs.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    Options

That's not anything new. They've already said they were. If you haven't figured it out by now, take that as a subtle hint to quit your badgering and let them do their jobs.

Okay fanboy, clearly i am not the only one who takes issue with this situation. If you dont have a problem with it youre welcome to ignore my posts instead of following me around just to troll.

And its been 2 days with no response from anyone from the company on this matter prior to my "badgering". I was letting others know of the response i got, be it new or not.

Not everyone is so in awe over the tarkin update theyre going to let any existing issues just be swept under the rug.
  • Options
    Eckle wrote: »

Credits are the least beneficial of everything that could have been exploited.

Do you mean to tell me someone who was sitting on/refreshed to farm mods, would really benefit all that much from 30 million credits even?

What did they finally take their cup and JKG to seven stars by upgrading? These people ALREADY have everyone upgraded, already have max mods. You all are greatly exaggerating how useful this really is to players. Someone who managed 30 million credits is already a whale and on top, or they are in an arena where obviously their mods are maxed anyway. So again, where is this HUGE advantage game breaking advantage that this gave people? I really want to know.
  • Eckle
    32 posts Member
    Options

Do you mean to tell me someone who was sitting on/refreshed to farm mods, would really benefit all that much from 30 million credits even?

What did they finally take their cup and JKG to seven stars by upgrading? These people ALREADY have everyone upgraded, already have max mods. You all are greatly exaggerating how useful this really is to players. Someone who managed 30 million credits is already a whale and on top, or they are in an arena where obviously their mods are maxed anyway. So again, where is this HUGE advantage game breaking advantage that this gave people? I really want to know.

So it's acceptable to hand out 30M in credits to whales? that's great then they can bank them and immediately upgrade the next few toon releases which will keep them in their position. Good strategy to encourage all non-whales.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Really man? You don't see how 30 mil credits could be an advantage? Game breaking? No. But "game breaking" isn't the point of contention here. People exploited a bug which is technically a bannable offense. I don't want to see the ban hammer come down here because I think it would be really bad for the game, but hey... I'd like 30 mil in credits too. ;)
  • acavite1
    53 posts Member
    Options

It doesnt matter if theyre a whale or needed the credits or not. The fact of the matter is they exploited a bug to make gains other players could not get througb legitimate game play.

If you look at the stickied topics theres one on policy against cheaters and it states they will be punished if they exploit the game.

As previously mentioned in this thread, people have been punished in the past for exploiting bugs and refrained from exploiting this one due to fear of repercussions.

This set a precedent. This precedent is now being ignored and the exploiters are being allowed to keep their ill gotten gains with no fear of consequence. In the future, more people will exploit bugs as they become available since EA will not reprimand them.

They need to live up to their rules in an all or nothing way. Either it's ok to exploit bugs or its not.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight, your argument is that people who took advantage of an exploit to gain any advantage over other players is a forgivable offense? Hmm. Also, my guild members who did it are totally ftp and got ~20m credits, not whales by any means.
    But just for fun, let's put it this way: you're a whale and need 30m credits. No heist available so you buy credit packs for crystals. With phenomenal rng, to get 30m credits would come out to 10,625 crystals.
  • Options
    Kissycat wrote: »
    Let me get this straight, your argument is that people who took advantage of an exploit to gain any advantage over other players is a forgivable offense? Hmm. Also, my guild members who did it are totally ftp and got ~20m credits, not whales by any means.
    But just for fun, let's put it this way: you're a whale and need 30m credits. No heist available so you buy credit packs for crystals. With phenomenal rng, to get 30m credits would come out to 10,625 crystals.

That is what everyone here is looking at unfortunately simply because of how ea made very small portions of the game player vs player. The real win was for people who benefited a few weeks of farming credits or mods in a game where they profit off of people's impatience. The real winner was the players vs ea, but you all are too blinded to even think of that for a second.

And sure, let's let ea come down hard on the whales and dolphins alike who regardless of how many crystals they saved, will still buy more. Let's let them crack down on all these offenders, who let's be honest here, less then 1 percent of the entire player base would have even known about this. It's guild players on line, forum users, ECT. Which a large portion of those players are paying players. Do you think that would be smart for them to do?

Sometimes you really need to stop looking in black and white, and take into account all kind of different things that they would have to weigh the balances of. Not to mention little Johnny out there who had no idea what was going on, but kept excitedly leveling his mods up having no idea why its working, but happy none the less. Should he also be punished?

So many people have such a limited perspective on issues like this when it comes to actual decisions on what to do. What exactly do you want ea to do for something that truly isnt game breaking in any way and all of you complaining know it?

Exploiting is wrong right? Anyone use zader in the rancor? Anyone use wiggs until last week? You were also exploiting then, something in game not working as intended. It's a freeware game, these things happen, get over yourselves and move on.

Otherwise let them do something about it, or let them put something in place moving forward, or not screw up their coding while they are working on it? It's just as much their fault as anyone who took place in the Monday mod upgrade mania, but y'all are blinded by the "I didn't do it give me something free too" or "I wasn't able to log on to do it, give me something free too" mentality to see any of it.

Win for the player base, in a grind everything game, for 45 minutes, move along.