RIP Poe... Welcome the Era of Speed Leadership...

Replies

• Options
    And the first 3 spots in the arena are owned by Qui-Gon-Jinn.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Cdmd2b wrote: »
    I can live with this, but I do wish they'd mentioned this in the latest patch notes. They seem to miss all the major issues from patch notes (remember them not mentioning the GW Retreat change?) I just spent 6000 Cantina tokens to star up Poe which I'd previously been hoarding in lieu of any potential changes which would render him less effective.

Patch notes are something we're working on getting better at. Right now, we don't have an official system that collects all the changes we make during an update. Going forward, we've come up with a new internal methodology that SHOULD help us become more accurate.
    That said, when you're making hundreds of changes, it's inevitable that some patch line items are going to fall through the cracks.

But this is a huge change to gameplay. It is not just a minor bug fix

+1

This is not huge. This is a nuclear change of epic proportions that will turn into a colossal mess. Messing with the order of all players out of the blue and affecting every single game makes planing anything useless.

We could very well get random chars, and an RNg at CG coikd just randomly change rules and speed, it'd be the same ...except that you'd know what to expect.

I will be considering if I want all that I invested back, and I am holding until I can hear a clear explanation from CG - plus some time to calm down. This is not how to change a game that commands players that have spent over $1,000, over $3000 with many and most over $100.

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    forcedino wrote: »
    And the first 3 spots in the arena are owned by Qui-Gon-Jinn.

Get used to it. It's going to be so for a lot of time.
    I guess people who didn't want Poe to be nerfed, but other chars buffed to get viable counters are pretty happy now :)
  • Options
    With QGJ's leadership ability giving too much speed to Jedi's, it's possible the meta won't shift as much as I had initially thought. But still, the addition of a lot of characters that can now reach top speed tiers is a step in the right direction towards more team diversity.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    With QGJ's leadership ability giving too much speed to Jedi's, it's possible the meta won't shift as much as I had initially thought. But still, the addition of a lot of characters that can now reach top speed tiers is a step in the right direction towards more team diversity.

If your referring to the bug (i.e. more then +23 speed to jedi) that should be fixed in tomorrows update as per EA Jesse.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Turns out we did find an issue that was giving Qui-Gon Jinn too much bonus to his speed on his leader ability. We're still working on this but it should be fixed in tomorrow's update.

Thanks for all of the reports!
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Is this deliberate or a bug? It wasn't in the release notes was it?

Not in the release notes. QGJ lvl 8 basic has chance to reduce TM, given his speed and leader ability should not the nerf calls come out? These changes make him far greater threat than Poe, plus he hits far harder.
  • Options
    Welp... speed leader abilities now work turn 1. Welcome the era of +Speed leaders. The picture below shows Old Ben going before Poe:
    fb485a27700393c40c0ff48e94cd6809.jpg

4ac4d7c99a5c22d80794d30d2729df6c.png

PS... I don't think this makes Poe irrelevant, it just gives the ability for dozens of characters to now reach tier 1 speed before Poe, which when combined with his turn meter reduction was his main issue prior to this update.

PPS... I'm also not stating that this change is beneficial for the game. The speed/damage meta that is currently in the game will only be amplified. But what it will do is diversify top level team compositions as there are more teams that can now reach tier 1 speed and take turn 1 advantage over the enemy team.

PPPS... Apparently QGJ's speed bonus is currently bugged and was giving more speed than intended to Jedi's, so Old Ben will most likely not go before Poe after tomorrow's update. Several Jedi will still reach tier 1 it just won't be as strong as we initially thought:
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Turns out we did find an issue that was giving Qui-Gon Jinn too much bonus to his speed on his leader ability. We're still working on this but it should be fixed in tomorrow's update.

Thanks for all of the reports!

Relevant Info: Right now these leaders will increase speed for specific character types:
    • QGJ - 23 speed for Jedi
    • Ackbar - 23 speed for rebels
    • Lando - 13 speed for scoundrels
    • Asajj - 26 speed for nightsisters
    • Lobot - 23 speed for droids

AND THE MOST OP CHARACTER OF ALL TIME:
    • Grand Moff Tarkin - 26 speed to empire allies
    I can't wait to use my OP team of Grand Moff Tarkin / Veers / Vader / Royal Guard / Stormtrooper... They will all go first and deal a whole 200 damage to the enemy team before dying!

If this is your team, Put it out on Arena and let me test it. :)
    829-416-931
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Is this deliberate or a bug? It wasn't in the release notes was it?

Not in the release notes. QGJ lvl 8 basic has chance to reduce TM, given his speed and leader ability should not the nerf calls come out? These changes make him far greater threat than Poe, plus he hits far harder.

He also gets stunned 90% chance by dooku and flops from any damage
  • Options

haha, no I took that picture from our guild chat... I have nothing compared to their squads. But I am farming a nice Jedi team that will hopefully be ready in a month or so for Arena.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • cby
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The big question is how speed will be handled in turn 1 and subsequent turns - will it still be RNG between characters of same speed tier / turn as per team instinct speed guide? Or will it be, as a dev has mentioned in the past, that the character with higher speed will fill turn meter faster and always go first (which may be what was originally intended...).

We should know soon enough.

Speed change is a definite game-changer...until the next change...:)
  • Options
    So no one notice the bigger problem? Ackbar+han now guarantee every characters with 115 or above speed becoming essentially a turn 7 hero, including damage-buffed FOTP. In addition to turn removal from Poe.
    Welcome to Poe-meta v2.0!
  • Options

haha, no I took that picture from our guild chat... I have nothing compared to their squads. But I am farming a nice Jedi team that will hopefully be ready in a month or so for Arena.

Good to know. Now I would build up a Sith team to counter your team. lol. Joking aside the update seems good in terms of making more toons viable for the Arena aside from the speed bug of course.
    829-416-931
  • Options
    Sigh.
  • Options
    So no one notice the bigger problem? Ackbar+han now guarantee every characters with 115 or above speed becoming essentially a turn 7 hero, including damage-buffed FOTP. In addition to turn removal from Poe.

I hope people on my server start using ackbar-han. They have 136 and 144 speed with the leader ability, respectively, which to me would be a terrible trade-off for a low health tank (Rey's 3rd ability can OHK him first turn) and Ackbar, while annoying, brings very little finishing power to a battle.

• Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »

I hope people on my server start using ackbar-han. They have 136 and 144 speed with the leader ability, respectively, which to me would be a terrible trade-off for a low health tank (Rey's 3rd ability can OHK him first turn) and Ackbar, while annoying, brings very little finishing power to a battle.
    Does hoth rebel scout get turn 6, I know its only 166 but just want to check.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options

While that' ms true, Rey will die a bloody death in the hands of our new overlord (overlady?) Princesa Leia. She is the only tick6 character, and this will act before Rey, 100% of the time.

Sure, Geo Soldier might do the trick too. But it is hsrder to oneshot Han with him
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

While that' ms true, Rey will die a bloody death in the hands of our new overlord (overlady?) Princesa Leia. She is the only tick6 character, and this will act before Rey, 100% of the time.

Sure, Geo Soldier might do the trick too. But it is hsrder to oneshot Han with him

Don't bring Spock into the rock/paper/scissors match.
  • Options

Good to know. Now I would build up a Sith team to counter your team. lol. Joking aside the update seems good in terms of making more toons viable for the Arena aside from the speed bug of course.

Haha, now that I know both your secrets, I can start to build a super secret, anti jedi AND anti sith team, muahaha.

But in all seriousness, this will make for an interesting change, as the amount of QGJ teams rise. I don't know if QGJ dodges a lot for everyone, but a lot of time when I'm on offense against of the QGJ guys on our leaderboard, he likes to dodge my attacks so I can't quite finish him, then removes my taunt and makes the rest of his team killing machines.

I think long run, this may turn into a long game of rock paper scissors.

"ha! This guy has Poe, I'll whomp him with my fast jedi!"
    "ha! This guy is all jedi, I'll whomp him with my sith!"
    "ha! This guy has sith, I'll whomp him with my droids!
    "ha! This guy has druids, I'll whomp him with my jaws!" (yes I'm pretending they're viable for this scenario)
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    Cheers to all the rich testers, without you we'll never know the truth.
  • HeroOfCanton
    447 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Whoops, accidental double post, I meant to fix the autocorrect and wound up quoting myself instead.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    I feel somewhat vindicated, I've been farming Lobot as an article of faith since early December in hopes they'd finally fix the leader speed buff bug.

zmo81.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I feel somewhat vindicated, I've been farming Lobot as an article of faith since early December in hopes they'd finally fix the leader speed buff bug.

zmo81.png

Nice!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

zmo81.png

Tell us how it goes, but I feel he might not cut it. Both IG are sub-143 with him
  • Options
    ok maybe it's time to activate this:
    final_bst_Snapshot_386211.jpg
    and time to rework on ackbar.. my first and only chromium drop!
    final_bst_Snapshot_765781.jpg
  • Options

This is fine. It will be possible only with Ackbar as leader, meaning Leia will not be accompanied by Phasma (as leader). Besides, in order to one-shot someone on first turn she will have not to stealth, again giving option to kill her in retaliation. Looks balanced oevrall.
  • Options

That's how a turn 7 tank should be implemented IMHO. It's supposed to have some tradeoffs and/or utilize synergy in order to be effective.
  • Options

Not if she's stealth's first on every turn ;)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Not if she's stealth's first on every turn ;)
    Lol

Leia: "Nice shot Rey."
    Rey: "Oh, hi Aunt Leia, I didn't see you there."
    Leia: "Goodbye, Rey." *BLAM*
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Vos wrote: »
    All hail Qui-Gon Jinn!

The only Jedi he really helps get to 7 are Eeth Koth, Jedi Anakin, Plo Koon and Kit Fisto. Eeth Koth is farmable, but generally is not that highly thought of. Jedi Anakin is a very slow farm (3 hard 16+ nodes - just like Rey). Kit and Plo are "buy only".

IIRC QGJ doesn't even get into 7 himself. He's at 137 and his leadership ability applies to Jedi allies. This I am still unclear on.

QGJ is a jedi and an "ally" (rather than enemy), so I don't see why it doesn't apply to him. GS's unique ability gives crit to Geonosian allies, are you saying that doesn't apply to GS too?

At any rate, QGJ's bugged leadership ability absolutely was applying to him (he has been going before Dooku the last few days).

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Vos wrote: »
    All hail Qui-Gon Jinn!

The only Jedi he really helps get to 7 are Eeth Koth, Jedi Anakin, Plo Koon and Kit Fisto. Eeth Koth is farmable, but generally is not that highly thought of. Jedi Anakin is a very slow farm (3 hard 16+ nodes - just like Rey). Kit and Plo are "buy only".

IIRC QGJ doesn't even get into 7 himself. He's at 137 and his leadership ability applies to Jedi allies. This I am still unclear on.

QGJ is a jedi and an "ally" (rather than enemy), so I don't see why it doesn't apply to him. GS's unique ability gives crit to Geonosian allies, are you saying that doesn't apply to GS too?

At any rate, QGJ's bugged leadership ability absolutely was applying to him (he has been going before Dooku the last few days).

All chsracters apply leadership to themselves and are consideres their own allies. Phasma proc herself.