RIP Poe... Welcome the Era of Speed Leadership...

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lol - Poe goes from the hunter to the hunted.

My body is ready
  • Misanthropist
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    I still think a lot of jedi won't be in the same turn as Poe, as much as i know you need a speed of at least 143 to be in the same turn as Poe, so the only jedi who has this much speed are QGJ, Plo-Koon and JNA.
    This is true if the Team Instinct's speed guide is correct.

Eeth Koth has 128, will break into tick 7 with QGJ. Also Kit Fist, Jedi Knight Anakin and Plo Koon. Luminara, Ima Gundi and others are just a few points shy.

But MORE important. Obiwan Kenobi WON'T. So the picture in the OP is meaningless. That opposing Poe wasn't gear 8, (or everything we know about speed is wrong, or speed as a whole has changed in the patch)

Yeah sorry i forgot Eeth koth, kit fisto won't make it since his speed is 118, if we add the 23 bonus speed it will make 141 (slower than poggle), so i dont think he can attack before poe.
    I also think the Poe that OP was fighing had not his gear maxed out.
  • Options
    I still think a lot of jedi won't be in the same turn as Poe, as much as i know you need a speed of at least 143 to be in the same turn as Poe, so the only jedi who has this much speed are QGJ, Plo-Koon and JNA.
    This is true if the Team Instinct's speed guide is correct.

Eeth Koth has 128, will break into tick 7 with QGJ. Also Kit Fist, Jedi Knight Anakin and Plo Koon. Luminara, Ima Gundi and others are just a few points shy.

But MORE important. Obiwan Kenobi WON'T. So the picture in the OP is meaningless. That opposing Poe wasn't gear 8, (or everything we know about speed is wrong, or speed as a whole has changed in the patch)

There is certainly something strange going on with Speed. I took that picture from our guild chat but I will do further testing with the ability to see gear levels in Arena now to confirm what is going on.

The devs have said that our speed guide is incorrect, however they've also failed to give any speed explanation which properly matches up to what we experience in game. So I take anything devs say with a grain of salt.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Lobot +23 speed do not allow any of the droids to break the 143 break point, so it's not going to change things for droids.

Except for the fact that QGJ teams are going to shred droids into pieces, that is. Pretty accurate, movie wise :p

Maybe there was a reason the Yoda video showed a droids head off lol
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The dev on Reddit seems to be implying this was deliberate but didn't get into the patch notes.
    This is going to make things super weird.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Eleiem wrote: »
    Ackbar + Han + Leia + Luke + whatever, will rule the galaxy. Too bad I only have Han

My leia is gonna rock....
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The dev on Reddit seems to be implying this was deliberate but didn't get into the patch notes.

Strange, I agree with you that this is a very important change to just overlook in their previously announced patch notes.

This is in my opinion the biggest change to the game since the level 70 increase because it vastly changes how turn 1 will play out.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    But QGJ himself wouldn't make 7 would he? His speed bonus is for Jedi allies not himself, correct?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Wow. I feel like a chump. CG deliberately withheld info from us causing me to make bad choices.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »

Strange, I agree with you that this is a very important change to just overlook in their previously announced patch notes.

This is in my opinion the biggest change to the game since the level 70 increase because it vastly changes how turn 1 will play out.

I'm trying to remain neutral on this so factually I will just say it is a major change, the dev is not saying it's a bug, and it is not in the patch notes. I don't really understand what happened.
    I also now have absolutely no idea what to do with my team, but I get the feeling I will soon be struggling to stay in the top 100, much less top 20 where I used to be...
  • Options
    Ewoks at the moment are trash. Their goes that idea.
  • Options
    From Devs
    "The irony of this was that this is the result of us fixing an inconsistency in how speed on the first turn used to be calculated. We also swapped WHEN Leader Abilities are applied. Prior to this update, the speed bar was filled and THEN we applied Leader Abilities. We swapped that, so now it's functioning as we originally designed it.
    We're keeping an eye on the results. It's way too early for us to form a conclusion (no real player data yet). If it turns out to be problematic, we'll address it."

• MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Perhaps this is the answer to the huge Poe thread. They said they were gonna do something.

Lol

Best thing ever.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Cdmd2b wrote: »
    From Devs
    "The irony of this was that this is the result of us fixing an inconsistency in how speed on the first turn used to be calculated. We also swapped WHEN Leader Abilities are applied. Prior to this update, the speed bar was filled and THEN we applied Leader Abilities. We swapped that, so now it's functioning as we originally designed it.
    We're keeping an eye on the results. It's way too early for us to form a conclusion (no real player data yet). If it turns out to be problematic, we'll address it."

Good, it is working as intended now. I never understood why leader abilities didn't work in the first round of arena. Obvious bug is now fixed.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Fighton wrote: »
    Eleiem wrote: »
    Ackbar + Han + Leia + Luke + whatever, will rule the galaxy. Too bad I only have Han

My leia is gonna rock....

Add in Poggle and you're set for life of this update, well I know what I'll be running unless my 7* Yoda can make things different.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    From Devs

Good, it is working as intended now. I never understood why leader abilities didn't work in the first round of arena. Obvious bug is now fixed.

Been saying this all along. My team just got drastically better.
  • Options
    Well, Ventress led NS team could be interesting, with hopes that mother talzin will be added as she was apparent In the datamined character list.
  • Options
    How much would it cost for me to turn my 2* Leia into 7*?
  • Options
    This is relevant to my interests.
  • Options
    I can live with this, but I do wish they'd mentioned this in the latest patch notes. They seem to miss all the major issues from patch notes (remember them not mentioning the GW Retreat change?) I just spent 6000 Cantina tokens to star up Poe which I'd previously been hoarding in lieu of any potential changes which would render him less effective.
  • Options
    The change makes sense. But why deliberately keep it out of update notes?
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    For those of you wondering about speed mechanics, apparently some information about in-game mechanics should be coming soon.
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Lol - Poe goes from the hunter to the hunted.

My body is ready

Well now we know who the Poe a user is now. :o

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »

I have the feeling that they didn't say anything about it, because they didn't even know they were fixing it. There is something weird with speed, if we look at the post of that dev in Reddit that said that speed was somewhat random in turn 1 and then filled by speed. None of that matched reality, we don't know if there was some bug, and what the devs *intended* was not what we were seeing
  • Vos
    46 posts Member
    Options
    All hail Qui-Gon Jinn!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Also confirmed by Jesse via PM.
    The change makes sense. But why deliberately keep it out of update notes?

I doubt it was deliberate. I'm sure a lot of people would have spent the last week a bit differently had they known, but I can't see any reason they would do it on purpose.
  • Options
    But QGJ himself wouldn't make 7 would he? His speed bonus is for Jedi allies not himself, correct?

He is a Jedi ally so he is boosted too.

• Options
    I can live with this, but I do wish they'd mentioned this in the latest patch notes. They seem to miss all the major issues from patch notes (remember them not mentioning the GW Retreat change?) I just spent 6000 Cantina tokens to star up Poe which I'd previously been hoarding in lieu of any potential changes which would render him less effective.

Patch notes are something we're working on getting better at. Right now, we don't have an official system that collects all the changes we make during an update. Going forward, we've come up with a new internal methodology that SHOULD help us become more accurate.
    That said, when you're making hundreds of changes, it's inevitable that some patch line items are going to fall through the cracks.
  • Options

Patch notes are something we're working on getting better at. Right now, we don't have an official system that collects all the changes we make during an update. Going forward, we've come up with a new internal methodology that SHOULD help us become more accurate.
    That said, when you're making hundreds of changes, it's inevitable that some patch line items are going to fall through the cracks.

But this is a huge change to gameplay. It is not just a minor bug fix
  • Options
    Vos wrote: »
    All hail Qui-Gon Jinn!

The only Jedi he really helps get to 7 are Eeth Koth, Jedi Anakin, Plo Koon and Kit Fisto. Eeth Koth is farmable, but generally is not that highly thought of. Jedi Anakin is a very slow farm (3 hard 16+ nodes - just like Rey). Kit and Plo are "buy only".

IIRC QGJ doesn't even get into 7 himself. He's at 137 and his leadership ability applies to Jedi allies. This I am still unclear on.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*