Just did the Luke event

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Well what the hell ! I finished the tier 2 and now everything is locked, I can't even try the bonus tier... Is this normal ?
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    I am given event jawas, who are ****. No chance to do even tier 3 of the event.

Are these events failures one after another due to incompetency in design or do they actually do garbage on purpose?

Did it on first try, everyone gets the exact same team.

So once again investing in jawas was not needed? Good to know. That's the point, let me use my own toons.

I guess it's easy to balance as everyone have the same non-modded toons and I hate to think there are more of these coming.

The reason was to not leave out any players from obtaining the most iconic SW toon, if rumors are to believed. Notice the Farmer Luke shards and what you get as a guaranteed prize.

I think you would be a lot more annoyed if your jawas weren't good enough and you were unable to obtain "the big prize" at the end of the rainbow.
  • Options

Are these events failures one after another due to incompetency in design or do they actually do garbage on purpose?

I just did tier 3 of the event with the same units first attempt. (Lucky, as I only had 4 minutes to do it)

You need to take out the raiders first, and save all your nukes for the last tier.
  • Options
    Hoping my 7*, lvl 70, gear VIII Luke will do the trick once modded.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Gamezealot wrote: »

I just did tier 3 of the event with the same units first attempt. (Lucky, as I only had 4 minutes to do it)

I did not realize it comes back, I was just wondering why on earth we aren't allowed to use toons we have geared up.
    You need to take out the raiders first, and save all your nukes for the last tier.

I'll try that but noticed Luke fails to stun anyone. He just does not crit :)

This doesn't change my opinion of this event. I don't like it. Let me benefit from having geared up my toons.
  • Options
    They should warn people that you can only complete one tier

Or maybe they did and I rushed in!

Still, I'm very happy with 80 jawa shards as I have started to work on my jawas recently
  • Options
    I have a quick question for the op-
    If you fail at any tier - are you allowed to try again right away?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Gamezealot wrote: »

I did not realize it comes back, I was just wondering why on earth we aren't allowed to use toons we have geared up.

I'll try that but noticed Luke fails to stun anyone. He just does not crit :)

This doesn't change my opinion of this event. I don't like it. Let me benefit from having geared up my toons.

There is plenty of content for high level players or broad rosters. Then there are events where the devs are trying to include everyone. If it required your own toons it would cut out lots of people who made the wise decision not to waste resources on a terrible character (musketeer Luke).

If it was an either/or scenario where you could use your toons if you had them, or event toons if you didn't then that might be a good compromise. But regardless it seemed pretty easy to most people. Maybe this is an opportunity for you to improve your tactical abilities.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    They should warn people that you can only complete one tier

Or maybe they did and I rushed in!

Still, I'm very happy with 80 jawa shards as I have started to work on my jawas recently

It's right in the event info.

"Plays are shared across all tiers."
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    If it required your own toons it would cut out lots of people who made the wise decision not to waste resources on a terrible character (musketeer Luke).

Given the two day advance warning I kind of understand that and looking at the event it makes sense to have a bonus tier to reward above,m.
    But regardless it seemed pretty easy to most people. Maybe this is an opportunity for you to improve your tactical abilities.

There's nothing wrong with my tactical abilities. The time of the event start was such that I had around 20 minutes of which I spent half of the time trying to figure out why I can't use my jawas; I thought it's really this one time opportunity and then it's gone.

Did tier 3 now and I'd like to ask the devs if they knew that those 1st time reward droid callers are challenge rewards? :) I'll take the cuffs and guns, though.

• Options

Yes, there's no waiting.
  • Options

Yes, there's no waiting.
    Ty!

• Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    For those interested in trying, I cleared the bonus tier with a Level 73 G9 7* Luke. Just shifted a speed arrow and critical damage triangle to him.

You could try with lower gear/level if you have god mods and better luck I guess.

That's great, that is exactly what mine is. Level 73, 7 star, g9.
    Empire Relic
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Dang, so my 5* Luke can't do bonus tier?
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    So if you don't have a 6* Luke in time to compete for the bonus tier, will it be back on a later date? It's not the end of the world for me not to get the zeta and 3 omegas today but it'd be nice to get it eventually when i get him over 6*
  • CrownV87
    143 posts Member
    Options
    No u cant do bonus tier, u dont meet prereqs... Idk why everyone asks the same dumb questions that are all answered in the event!!!
  • Options
    So if you don't have a 6* Luke in time to compete for the bonus tier, will it be back on a later date? It's not the end of the world for me not to get the zeta and 3 omegas today but it'd be nice to get it eventually when i get him over 6*

I'm in the same situation, he's 5.5* but I'm kissing that zeta goodbye. It's a unique event, I doubt it comes back in the same form.

I'm already sick of the event, I've done it 5-6 times now and I've gotten 5 MK4 stun guns 3 times now (the ones we have several thousand of already).
  • Options
    I got my 50 Luke shards. The rest was as promised. Though I thought the Devs would be clever by giving us 77 Luke shards.

I am 1 shard short of getting him to 5*. I'm going to have to buy some Cantina energy, doh.

My Luke Event starts in 1.25 hours.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    I'm a little unclear on whether you use your own Luke in any of the tiers. There seems to be a star qualification from your own Luke (and your own Jawas?) to get in, but is it an event character that you use on all the tiers, or do your own gear and mods count for anything on some of the tiers but not all?
  • Options
    I know you only get to complete one tier each round, but do you get unlimited tries at that one attempt? Can you lose 5 times and then finally beat it or do you only get one attempt and if you lose you are out of luck?
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    It only let me do the very first tier and then it said I was complete and I couldn't do the other tiers. That's complete and utter ****.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options

I'm in the same situation, he's 5.5* but I'm kissing that zeta goodbye. It's a unique event, I doubt it comes back in the same form.

I'm already sick of the event, I've done it 5-6 times now and I've gotten 5 MK4 stun guns 3 times now (the ones we have several thousand of already).

Yeah I'm not going to blow tons of cash just to get 83 luke shards to 6* today for 1 zeta and 3 omegas lol