Another Luke Event Today. Worth it?

Prev1
Are the rewards reset so we get the extra 80 shards again, or is it just the same repeat junk from yesterday?

Replies

• Options
    Repeat
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I won't call it all junk, some of the basic gear rewards are actually needed by many
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    Options
    i appreciate the second day as i was at 81 of 85 shards for luke. now that there's a second day, at least i can attempt the bonus tier. I even saved up just enough gear to get him to gear 9 if needed be. Farmboy luke was just not a priority previously so was scrambling with all the cantina energy just to get him to striking distance

any bit of help is better than none, right?
  • Options
    Are the rewards reset so we get the extra 80 shards again, or is it just the same repeat junk from yesterday?

Not sure if your asking about the Luke shards or the Jawa shards but the answer would be no on either.
  • Options
    After the first completions the rewards are not worth it
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    No shard shop currency this time, but I'm grabbing the blastech salvage.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    M_L wrote: »
    i appreciate the second day as i was at 81 of 85 shards for luke. now that there's a second day, at least i can attempt the bonus tier. I even saved up just enough gear to get him to gear 9 if needed be. Farmboy luke was just not a priority previously so was scrambling with all the cantina energy just to get him to striking distance

You're lucky! Ya, I never bothered with Luke as he was not the luke anyone wanted and there wasn't a need before now.

I can't participate in the bonus tier because my luke is pretty poo. There should have been Luke Shards as rewards or at elast Luke packs in the store if need be - wasted opportunity for EA to make money there for sure.
  • Options
    +1
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    I won't call it all junk, some of the basic gear rewards are actually needed by many

This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    First time rewards I got yesterday were some of the best I've ever gotten for time invested, by far. However, if to the op they were junk, I will say that without a doubt, they will not improve after the first time rewards. To determine if spending the total of 6-8 minutes throughout the day to do the event, you need take a few minutes to make a forum post, then the answer is obvious, the event is not worth it for you at all.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    This whole "the rewards aren't worth it" because theres no first time rewards is silly, if you actually look at the rewards, theres a chance of a full set of 20 salvage usually x 5, thats 100 salvage in 1 battle... And its definitely gear thats needed since its not given through challenges
  • Options
    Virtually free gear is always worth it. Even if it's just 5 of something.

At least we don't have to pay crystals to re-play.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    The repeat rewards are better than any other event in this game's history.

5 full prototypes that require 20 salvage each? That is amazing.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    M_L wrote: »

You're lucky! Ya, I never bothered with Luke as he was not the luke anyone wanted and there wasn't a need before now.

I can't participate in the bonus tier because my luke is pretty poo. There should have been Luke Shards as rewards or at elast Luke packs in the store if need be - wasted opportunity for EA to make money there for sure.

yes this would have made sense.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    This whole "the rewards aren't worth it" because theres no first time rewards is silly, if you actually look at the rewards, theres a chance of a full set of 20 salvage usually x 5, thats 100 salvage in 1 battle... And its definitely gear thats needed since its not given through challenges

Yeah, I only JUST realized when I went to equip that I wasn't getting 5 blastech salvage, but five blastech prototypes. That's amazing. Makes me wish holos were in there.
  • Options
    Bobloblaw wrote: »

+1. The only one left with good rewards for me is the bonus tier, which I attempted a few times, but even at 7*, my Luke is only G8 with just ok mods, and can't take all those sand people on by himself, especially with their never-ending bonus attacks.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Must be nice to never need Stun Cuffs again.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I didn't see any of the good purple ones everyone needs all the time, at least on the repeat rewards
  • Options

This is spot on. I'll take these repeat rewards anyday. I'm gonna sneak around work today to make it happen too!
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »

Totally agree. Each one of those full prototypes is 1219 guild currency you don't have to spend for one. A nice thing to have. Also, it's (in my opinion) a great balance -- the rewards are worth doing it for, but if you have to miss some of the opportunities, you're not missing out on something so massive that it's a big deal.
  • Options
    Bobloblaw wrote: »

+1. The only one left with good rewards for me is the bonus tier, which I attempted a few times, but even at 7*, my Luke is only G8 with just ok mods, and can't take all those sand people on by himself, especially with their never-ending bonus attacks.

Take the raiders out first. If you have bullseye available stun the brute (if he doesn't resist) before he can taunt.
  • Options
    I'll give it another shot. Thanks.
  • Options

This happened when I realized what you said.

8^O

Darth Maul needs that piece also. Great prize.
  • Options
    I got five full blastech prototypes this time around. I would say that's worth it for sure. Pretty nice rewards for a repeat play on an event. I love it. I needed those for quite a few characters.

To be honest, I started gearing characters and couldn't figure out how I ended up with so many full blastechs. Then it hit me that the rewards were not salvage. I like it.
  • Options
    Got stuff for my SA in Tier 2 -- don't care, totes worth it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Don't forget about the 75K credits.

Some people may have mentioned in passing that they needed this.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    xanderxman wrote: »
    I got five full blastech prototypes this time around. I would say that's worth it for sure. Pretty nice rewards for a repeat play on an event. I love it. I needed those for quite a few characters.

To be honest, I started gearing characters and couldn't figure out how I ended up with so many full blastechs. Then it hit me that the rewards were not salvage. I like it.

Which tier was this?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Which tier was this?
    T3. I've gotten 10 of the Mk3 dog tag-looking things.

I'll admit--I thought they were just salvage, too. But reading this made me double-check, and sure enough it's full prototypes dropping. Hot DIGGITY.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Which tier was this?
    T3. I've gotten 10 of the Mk3 dog tag-looking things.

I'll admit--I thought they were just salvage, too. But reading this made me double-check, and sure enough it's full prototypes dropping. Hot DIGGITY.

Nice! :-)
  • Options
    I'll give it another shot. Thanks.

Hope it works.