Crazy guild rules

Prev1
Xlor1
107 posts Member
I've recently left a guild I shouldn't of ( stupid me) and on my travels I'm struggling to find anywhere where I can actually just play the game. So far I've had damage limits, phase limits, cool off periods after scoring a certain amount, X teams per phase only, no Jedi can be used if you've zylo, guilds split into team A and B, no raiding allowed if you finished top 10 in the previous, must join 5/6/7 line app groups, must send screenshots of 600 energy, must send screenshots of raid damage, must be on swgoh.gg. I could go on and on but you get the picture. Does anyone else think this is a stretch too far? I've grinded toons and gear for 18 long months and everywhere I go I can't use them. It's bonkers.

Replies

• Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Censored ****?!?
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    * daft/silly me
  • Options
    As a leader/officer of guilds I understand rules seem to be a pain in the ...
    Also the side to that is making things fair for 50 people all at once is pretty difficult. The guilds we run try to have easy rules and be competitive , fun, and helpful. Screen shots aren't necessary but we track the 600. Rancor is spread in two parts to try to let the most people hit as we can. With an ffa on Sunday. Haat phases are spread up gn again try to get people to hit as much as they can.
    If you're looking at a casual guild I'm sure you can. And probably have messages about it now. Being a leader/officer is a thankless job. I suggest you try it.
  • firrib
    14 posts Member
    Options
    As a leader/officer of guilds I understand rules seem to be a pain in the ...
    Also the side to that is making things fair for 50 people all at once is pretty difficult. The guilds we run try to have easy rules and be competitive , fun, and helpful. Screen shots aren't necessary but we track the 600. Rancor is spread in two parts to try to let the most people hit as we can. With an ffa on Sunday. Haat phases are spread up gn again try to get people to hit as much as they can.
    If you're looking at a casual guild I'm sure you can. And probably have messages about it now. Being a leader/officer is a thankless job. I suggest you try it.

Very much this. As a guild leader I fully agree with the above. If you want a guild that raids frequently you're going to have to deal with some sort of rules. Guild Leaders do the best the can with the hand that EA/CG has dealt them. If you want a free for all do what you want kind of guild you can find them, but any decently run guild is bound to have some amount of rules. It's what allows the GL's to bring balance to the guild.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    It's the fair to the 50 that I don't get. Some make the right decisions on who to star and gear only to be told not to use them because those that have made the wrong choices moan about the rewards.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Dont worry I got told a rule today is to play on 2x in Raids as 4x isnt fair on the others..
  • Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    It's the fair to the 50 that I don't get. Some make the right decisions on who to star and gear only to be told not to use them because those that have made the wrong choices moan about the rewards.

I can't speak on that. I'm sure people have their reasons for and against. Guilds should always tell you their raid times, and rules upfront before you
    Join up so you can give the may or yay.
  • Options
    I am in a good guild without any restrictions but we are full on members but only 20 or so are very active. If you want to join us let me know and I'll have one of the officers make room for you. My ally code is 186-766-662 I'll give you a guild invite as soon as I can.
    Cheers
  • Options
    Hopefully they start making some better design decisions going forward to eliminate the need for some of the more ridiculous ones. The problem is, as time progresses, rules and requirements like these become the norm and offers no reason for the developers to improve the areas that birthed them in the first place.
  • JTM48
    33 posts Member
    Options
    My Guild is starting to try the Heroic Rancor, we have an opening for competitive players and no actual rules outside of not starting a low level raid.

My ally code is 753-727-686.

We only have about 20 lvl 85 players, but enough of us are active on chat and are pretty chill. Ally me if you want a guild invite.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Roflmao... Big Brother is watching you... like it's 1982...

*I actively recruit the lowest lv applicants i can...
    *Some of us use line/discord but its not required.
    *Directing new players to great youtube channels like Smithie D & Warrior (many others too) is what we tell all new guys.
    * Many new guys go elsewhere once they get the hang of playing and thats great.
    * The only rule i have is if your inactive 30+ days your gonna get booted to make room for new players who apply.
    * I understand many of us work 40+ hours a week and have the spouse and kids too, RL comes 1st and thats the way it should be.
    * Lastly and most importantly, this is a game... have fun, do what you want and enjoy yourself, competition is great but its not everything.
    * I try to check in the forums and stay up to date with updayes and SWGOH news & issues... usually once a week or two.

Lastly i have mad respect for the mega guilds that have established the rules for maximum efficiency with minimal effort... and moreso for those that can actual DO them. Yall blaze a trail for the rest of us.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    We have a Guild with almost no rules. The majority speaks Portuguese, and our timezone is GMT-2. The idea is to have a relaxed, screenshots free team of players. The only thing we do is Rancor zero damage window, so all get rewards.

We need more firepower, your 18 months of farming is welcome. and we have a single Telegram chat do discuss stuff. I post important things in the guild chat.

We have twelve spots open and are working to get heroic ready in AAT.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    With all due respect to guild leaders, I've never been a big fan of rules, but not for why you would think.

Think of it this way: guild leaders put restrictions on how many teams you can use, when you can use them, who you can use, etc. The next thing you know, all 50 people have to same teams because of these limits. It happened to some guilds when we just had the rancor raid. People had one, maybe two teams for rancor and an arena team. Then, when aat came out, people weren't prepared. Why? Because they had no incentive to grow their team. That's my take on limits being imposed to serve the greater good.

At the same time, I like simplicity. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to require screen shots of 600. Not when you can reset everyone to zero and track it through lifetime raid tickets. If a guild leader doesn't know what I'm talking about please pm and I'll explain it.

Like I said, I like simplicity. Get your 600 in. Raid if you want/can make it, otherwise post zero. I do think there should be a time period to post zero so nobody is left out. I'm not a big fan of spreading raids out so everyone can get a hit in because it allows for mistakes to happen. I've seen way too many mistakes for it to be worth it myself so if you guild leaders get it to work, you're working miracles.

Anyway, those are my reasons for not having too many rules, or really limits on players. What works for me doesn't work for the next player or guild. To each their own. These are just some things for people to think about.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I can deal with the zero 24hr rule and the 600 per day but to me, after that, players should do what they want. Sorry guys, I didn't post this to be recruited.
  • Options
    sying wrote: »
    With all due respect to guild leaders, I've never been a big fan of rules, but not for why you would think.

Think of it this way: guild leaders put restrictions on how many teams you can use, when you can use them, who you can use, etc. The next thing you know, all 50 people have to same teams because of these limits. It happened to some guilds when we just had the rancor raid. People had one, maybe two teams for rancor and an arena team. Then, when aat came out, people weren't prepared. Why? Because they had no incentive to grow their team. That's my take on limits being imposed to serve the greater good.

At the same time, I like simplicity. There is absolutely no need whatsoever to require screen shots of 600. Not when you can reset everyone to zero and track it through lifetime raid tickets. If a guild leader doesn't know what I'm talking about please pm and I'll explain it.

Like I said, I like simplicity. Get your 600 in. Raid if you want/can make it, otherwise post zero. I do think there should be a time period to post zero so nobody is left out. I'm not a big fan of spreading raids out so everyone can get a hit in because it allows for mistakes to happen. I've seen way too many mistakes for it to be worth it myself so if you guild leaders get it to work, you're working miracles.

Anyway, those are my reasons for not having too many rules, or really limits on players. What works for me doesn't work for the next player or guild. To each their own. These are just some things for people to think about.

Yes. Also stretch out phases for haat. Preload with buffer. No ****'s of anything. I don't understand the certain team thing? What does this entail?
    We also try to to help as many guildies as we can. As of now we re trying to help everyone get top 100 in arena as long as they aren't playing with a certain squad purely cause they enjoy it. The reset everyone at 0 and track guild tix that way helps so much. Easy efficient fun and competitive.
  • Options
    I can deal with the zero 24hr rule and the 600 per day but to me, after that, players should do what they want. Sorry guys, I didn't post this to be recruited.

There's a reason behind every rule, simply leave the guild if you can't deal with organization.
    If you finished top 10 and you're not allowed to do it the next time around is simply because the guild wants everyone to get good rewards. If the same people got in top 10 every time, others will lack behind and in the long run it will hurt the guild.

You don't need to join 5/6/7/8/9/101240140148912 groups. You need to get one app and join in the group chat simply because the game chat su c ks. Big time.

I agree with you on the sending screenshots of 600 energy. This is just a lazy leader. He/She should be able to check it on their own and possibly ask the officers for help.

Being on swgoh helps a lot, since everyone can check your mods/heroes and can either help you out if you ask them a question or prepare certain teams for the HAAT.

On a side note, have you got any heroic tank raids completed?
  • Options
    Lolol it edited screen shot abbreviation lol
    ****'**** s ' s
  • Options
    Here's one more for ya: max 24 GW nodes for the guild activities ;)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Here's one more for ya: max 24 GW nodes for the guild activities ;)

Lol. That's ridiculous.
  • htid1987
    124 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you don't like guilds with rules that keep things fair for everyone then don't join them, simple. If it's not for you fair enough but don't moan about it. Start your own guild with no rules, see how far you get and how many gk shards you get.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

Yes. Also stretch out phases for haat. Preload with buffer. No ****'s of anything. I don't understand the certain team thing? What does this entail?
    We also try to to help as many guildies as we can. As of now we re trying to help everyone get top 100 in arena as long as they aren't playing with a certain squad purely cause they enjoy it. The reset everyone at 0 and track guild tix that way helps so much. Easy efficient fun and competitive.

I wasn't saying everyone has to have certain teams. In my guild, when it was discovered teebo could solo a phase, everyone rushed to build a teebo team. We were limited to one run so everyone can get a turn and then a full zerg to finish it off. Sound familiar to some of the rules you've seen or heard of in the past? Since we only had one turn, teebo was the way to go since that accounted for the most damage. Hence, how a lot of people wound up with limited teams. A lot of guilds weren't equipped for aat because they never bothered building other teams until information for the new raid came out.

Out of curiosity, why are you only shooting for top 100 when top 10 should be the goal? Shoot for the stars!
  • Options

I wasn't saying everyone has to have certain teams. In my guild, when it was discovered teebo could solo a phase, everyone rushed to build a teebo team. We were limited to one run so everyone can get a turn and then a full zerg to finish it off. Sound familiar to some of the rules you've seen or heard of in the past? Since we only had one turn, teebo was the way to go since that accounted for the most damage. Hence, how a lot of people wound up with limited teams. A lot of guilds weren't equipped for aat because they never bothered building other teams until information for the new raid came out.

Out of curiosity, why are you only shooting for top 100 when top 10 should be the goal? Shoot for the stars!

You seem to have forgotten most of when the AAT raid was first released. Gear Level XI is absolutely imperative to reach top scores with the 'new' teams and it was an unsurmountable task to reach just that without... right, the HAAT rewards. And let's not even talk about the difference Zeta abilities make.

Long story short: if you weren't a whale at the time, you couldn't possibly be fully prepared for the AAT raid with the measly Rancor rewards only.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    OP, start your own guild and you can make whatever rules you want. You won't like running it though.
  • Jordylee24
    117 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm from the guild he just left. Currently we are #9 in the rankings and have been top 30 all month. Try being there without rules. It's a little difficult. Yes we do have a lot of rules but they are proven to work as this guild is almost a year old. We are aware of the daily 600 shots and the "easier" way to do it. But have chosen not to. I can see the point about zylo vs Jedi for p1 haat. But it's about spreading the rewards around for everyone and we're not limiting clone damage which is where the men are separated from the boys anyway in points. Edit: also once a guild has enough players with good Jedi teams the zylo advantage is moot cause by the time you retreat to go in again the phase is nearly over.
    Post edited by Jordylee24 on
  • Ipoopsy2
    60 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

I totally agree, and also a set time for raids. This way, whoever in the guild will know. And if they not on, then it's their fault and they don't deserve the loot.

That should be enough info for them to log on for 1 min if they want loot.

Just remember, the world does not revolve around any players. So if ur active, you deserved the loot. And if your not, you don't.

PERIOD!!
  • Options

Ahhhh I get you now. I thought you meant people were putting stipulations on certain teams - meaning like no zader jyn for rancor etc. And I like to make long term and short term goals. #1 is always the destination. Top 100 is the pit stop.
    And tbf I lucked out with a great bunch of people. Everyone is really helpful.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    It wasn't just your guild bud, every haat guild I've joined since I left my old guild has had for too many complex/damage capping rules for me. I just want to use the toons I've worked hard to build and if that means me never getting gk, so be it. I get being a leader can be a nightmare and that you're never going to please everyone but I'm never going to not use toons it's took me months to get so others can progress faster than me. I see raids as friendly competition, others obviously don't. I went from struggling to get top 10 to winning raids through correct decisions/choices, not by being given it.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I agree with the OP on a lot of his post. Some people get carried away with rules and unfortunately many of the guilds members believe it's the norm. Getting your 600 daily tickets, not attacking until after a registration period is complete, and join a group chat for clear communication are really the only three rules you need.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    It wasn't just your guild bud, every haat guild I've joined since I left my old guild has had for too many complex/damage capping rules for me. I just want to use the toons I've worked hard to build and if that means me never getting gk, so be it. I get being a leader can be a nightmare and that you're never going to please everyone but I'm never going to not use toons it's took me months to get so others can progress faster than me. I see raids as friendly competition, others obviously don't. I went from struggling to get top 10 to winning raids through correct decisions/choices, not by being given it.

Join a guild close to beating their first HAAT. Guaranteed they don't have damage caps. Like the guild I'm in. 0 damage for 24 hours on Rancors, then ffa after the 24 hour mark. HAAT we didn't get past p3 on our last attempt, but we're getting there. Sure as heck won't stop you from doing damage. We do require you have Line, but you only have to join 1 chat so we can explain/talk/give advice while avoiding the horrible chat the game has.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options

You seem to have forgotten most of when the AAT raid was first released. Gear Level XI is absolutely imperative to reach top scores with the 'new' teams and it was an unsurmountable task to reach just that without... right, the HAAT rewards. And let's not even talk about the difference Zeta abilities make.

Long story short: if you weren't a whale at the time, you couldn't possibly be fully prepared for the AAT raid with the measly Rancor rewards only.

That last part is simply not true. I've never been a whale, never will be a whale, and was able to contribute to haat. At that time, you could have a full 50 people able to contribute to each phase and do it. I will give you that. But you can't say that you had to be a whale to do it. You can say you had to play almost since the start and have a roster with some depth even, but being a whale was not necessary. That's just something people tell themselves.

The guild I referenced above, with the stipulation of only one team at the go, could not complete haat right away. They were not a bunch of whales. In fact, I could count on one hand how many whales they had and still have fingers left over. Guess what, within weeks they were completing it. All it took was a goal and a plan to get there. Not money.