Why nerf Zader in the first place?!?

Antares
686 posts Member
edited May 2017
So, as far as I understand, the Zader bug only applied to the Pit Raid, right? Yeah OK, maybe the AAT, too, but there it doesn't make a difference!

Let's see what happened since the fix: People are still able to solo it (myself included), but now it takes 45 minutes or so and you get a serious headache because you have to stay concentrated for that entire time! So why fix Zader in the first place? Leaving the bug in the game wouldn't have changed anything, but actually gave players a more relaxing way of achieving the same goal.

I understand that it was a bug and "should" be corrected, so I propose another solution: Please introduce a new toon that only endgame players can get which allows people to auto-solo the raid again! Wouldn't change anything, except preventing headaches from the 45min rancor runs we have to do now...

EDIT: Another solution would be to make the Pit completely un-soloable! I would also welcome that!

Replies

• Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    :D
    I agree. Because I'd like to read the complaints regarding the endgame toon.
  • Options
    Bugfix.

It affected everything. With each stage in every single mode, not just raids.

Hopefully that's enough for you to finally grasp that it should've been fixed. Now you can move your lazy A and do something in the game.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Bugfix.

Hopefully that's enough for you to finally grasp that it should've been fixed. Now you can move your lazy A and do something in the game.

lol. You mean it affected the events, that endgame players can auto anyway?!?

EDIT: Like your name btw
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »
    Bugfix.

Cheers and yes everything that had stages. Light side/Dark side/Cantina battles, events that have stages(as the one from yesterday) etc.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Bugfix.

Cheers and yes everything that had stages. Light side/Dark side/Cantina battles, events that have stages(as the one from yesterday) etc.

Hmm yes, didn't consider that. Well, I just ran a solo pit and it took me 45 min. Except the raid rewards I also got a serious headache because it's just a pain to play it nowadays. Playing it in a standard way is a lottery, because then you end up somewhere between place #3 and #30 or so because you cannot predict the damage of others anymore
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Things you could do:
    1) 24 hours 0 damage rule
    2) nobody is allowed to solo it
    3) Max solo one or two phases each
    4) Use Gamorrean Guard so you can play pig vs pig :D
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Things you could do:
    1) 24 hours 0 damage rule
    2) nobody is allowed to solo it
    3) Max solo one or two phases each
    4) Use Gamorrean Guard so you can play pig vs pig :D

We already do #1

#2 doesn't work because then it is a competition who gets out the last in P4 without killing the Rancor.

#3 is also difficult, because then everybody solos e.g. P1 and then it's a lottery again on who can send the most teams in the shortest time period

#4 is good, I like it!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Bugfix.

Hmm yes, didn't consider that. Well, I just ran a solo pit and it took me 45 min. Except the raid rewards I also got a serious headache because it's just a pain to play it nowadays. Playing it in a standard way is a lottery, because then you end up somewhere between place #3 and #30 or so because you cannot predict the damage of others anymore

I don't understand your problem with that, it's so much better than player ID (because so many guildies were able to solo the raid with bugged vader)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    :D:D:D
    Nice idea. I have to farm Gamorrean Guard immediately.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Bugfix.

I don't understand your problem with that, it's so much better than player ID (because so many guildies were able to solo the raid with bugged vader)

Well the problem is that the solo option still exists! So as long as you use that painful team and play 45min, you will be in the top ranks. So, playing it in a standard way, does not work, because you cannot check what other people do. As I said in the OP, I would welcome a fix, where the Pit raid is completely unsoloable. But it is!
  • Options
    Bugfix.

I agree with this, now it really comes down to team and mods since not everyone is going solo by pressing auto.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Ben_kenobi wrote: »
    Bugfix.

I agree with this, now it really comes down to team and mods since not everyone is going solo by pressing auto.

Please see my post above. This is not a solution, since the solo-option is still there. It is not possible to play the raid in this standard setup, because the top 3 or so will always solo it.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Kalano wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    Nice idea. I have to farm Gamorrean Guard immediately.

You mean you haven't farmed him already?? :D
  • Options
    Its awesome that a non zetaed leader ability in EP is better than a zetaed Vader, Vader(L) with EP gave bonus to both sith and empire as well as EP(L) gives a bonus to both, yet Vader got the axe even with the harder to get mats, make total sense.

So under EP Vader completely heals and gets lots of TM up to go culling right away but not the other way around, so what if EP took more TM than the one taggers, he has both so should be a perk not a nerf.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Bugfix.

Well the problem is that the solo option still exists! So as long as you use that painful team and play 45min, you will be in the top ranks. So, playing it in a standard way, does not work, because you cannot check what other people do. As I said in the OP, I would welcome a fix, where the Pit raid is completely unsoloable. But it is!

i don't understand the logic behind that.
    Im just happy they fixed vader, eventhough i don't even try anymore myself. It felt cheap to solo on auto with subpar characters. It was just too easy to not solo. The ranking is not the same "top" (read: players with zVader) players with the same damm rank every single raid.
    No issues with the raid being solo-able either. It takes effort or a good team, then you deserve a high rank imo.
    i'm also not sure why you want to check scores during the raid. I wouldn't mind if we could, but not being able to see scores is not something that bothers me.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Bugfix.

Im just happy they fixed vader, eventhough i don't even try anymore myself. It felt cheap to solo on auto with subpar characters. It was just too easy to not solo. The ranking is not the same "top" (read: players with zVader) players with the same damm rank every single raid.
    No issues with the raid being solo-able either. It takes effort or a good team, then you deserve a high rank imo.
    i'm also not sure why you want to check scores during the raid. I wouldn't mind if we could, but not being able to see scores is not something that bothers me.

I guess my problem comes from the simple fact, that the relaxing experience of being able to solo the raid, was replaced by still being able to solo it, but with serious changes in this experience. Now it's just a chore! I like the hAAT being a chore. It feels like an accomplishment, but since the Pit is still a joke (i.e. it is soloable), it's just a pain to play it! The option to force everyone to play a normal raid (no solo team allowed) does not work, because you cannot control the teams everyone is using.

I just would have preferred a fix, where the raid was not soloable in any case. In such a scenario, the hard work would feel much more like a reward of a team-accomplishment. The rant in the OP about a new toon to solo it again, was essentially just a stupid joke to generate attention ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Bugfix.

I guess my problem comes from the simple fact, that the relaxing experience of being able to solo the raid, was replaced by still being able to solo it, but with serious changes in this experience. Now it's just a chore! I like the hAAT being a chore. It feels like an accomplishment, but since the Pit is still a joke (i.e. it is soloable), it's just a pain to play it! The option to force everyone to play a normal raid (no solo team allowed) does not work, because you cannot control the teams everyone is using.

I just would have preferred a fix, where the raid was not soloable in any case. In such a scenario, the hard work would feel much more like a reward of a team-accomplishment. The rant in the OP about a new toon to solo it again, was essentially just a **** joke to generate attention ;)

okay, well i get that.
    personally i'm fine with settling for a lesser rank because ranking high takes too much effort. I assume my guildies are happy with that. I think it's just better for the entire guild, but worse for individual members like myself. i can live with that, or i just need to farm jynn and some crazy speed ;)
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Bugfix.

I just would have preferred a fix, where the raid was not soloable in any case. In such a scenario, the hard work would feel much more like a reward of a team-accomplishment. The rant in the OP about a new toon to solo it again, was essentially just a **** joke to generate attention ;)

okay, well i get that.
    personally i'm fine with settling for a lesser rank because ranking high takes too much effort. I assume my guildies are happy with that. I think it's just better for the entire guild, but worse for individual members like myself. i can live with that, or i just need to farm jynn and some crazy speed ;)

And I guess I will do the same in the future. It's just not worth spending that much time in the game and get a headache out of it. :) Next step: solo AAT, ahah

• Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Just wanted to warm this up to say thank you for Thrawn. No more headaches!