please disclose rng probability distributions directly related to fiscal transactions.

Applied_Physics
1 posts Member
edited June 2017
Example: Your crystal shard packs are probably exponential distributions if I had to guess. You could be clearly influencing your advertising by designing a rng pdf (probability distribution function) that technically has a probability to get 300 crystals but it could be tiny.

Conclusion: I think you owe your consumers full disclosure of pdf and cdf (cumulative distribution functions: intergrals of the PDF, for people who don't have the resources to perform this calculation on a data set) for any random number generators, or related software tech, that directly influences the outcome of a fiscal transaction. It's ethical business practice and allows your consumer to make the most educated decision they can, yielding a higher reward-to-expenditure for the consumer which I would assume correlates with increased spending.

Possible Solution: Include an info icon that opens a page with a properly labeled visualization of the probabilistic odds we are investing in.

Edit: title

Replies

• slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    All of their packs bought with real money have no RNG.

Packs bought with in-game currency have RNG.

Not gonna change.
  • Options

Without knowing our odds you're effectively condoning and facilitating gambling.

Example: Your crystal shard packs are probably exponential distributions if I had to guess. You could be clearly influencing your advertising by designing a rng pdf (probability distribution function) that technically has a probability to get 300 crystals but it could be tiny.

Conclusion: I think you owe your consumers full disclosure of pdf and cdf (cumulative distribution functions: intergrals of the PDF, for people who don't have the resources to perform this calculation on a data set) for any random number generators, or related software tech, that directly influences the outcome of a fiscal transaction. It's ethical business practice and allows your consumer to make the most educated decision they can, yielding a higher reward-to-expenditure for the consumer which I would assume correlates with increased spending.

Possible Solution: Include an info icon that opens a page with a properly labeled visualization of the probabilistic odds we are investing in.

/signed
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. Crystals aren't gambling friend. Sorry for wasting your time.
  • Options
    My apologies. That was aside the point. I removed that initial statement.
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Yeah. Crystals aren't gambling friend. Sorry for wasting your time.

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Conclusion: I think you owe your consumers full disclosure
    If they did, then they would. This is one you're gonna have to take up with a local politician, I think.
    All of their packs bought with real money have no RNG.
    Overwatch sells lootboxes for real money. For whatever reason, it doesn't count as gambling I guess.