Can I get some farmable shards for the ship I paid $40 for please ?

Prev1
AT_AT_1977
26 posts Member
edited June 2017
Come on make Kylo Ren's ship shards farmable or at least available in the ship shop, it is pretty bad to sell someone a $40 ship and then tell them the only way they can get shards for it is to buy a pack that has the worst drop rate of any pack available not to mention I have all the other farmable ships maxed, it would be different if that pack only offered shards for kylo's ship, the falcon, cassian's uwing, and the Phoenix ships, but I have boughten 3 of them and all I have gotten is character shards for toons I had maxed a year ago and ships already easily assessable, you want to know why no one plays ships hardly anymore is because everyone has the same ships and they are all 85 7* now because of the complete lack of new content
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Being a whale with ships isn't worth it.
    ftp can easily rank high without spending anything.

its really weird
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Options
    Around 15.000 crystals spend for the falcon.. got nothing. Ur post like pouring salt into my wound.. it hurt :(
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Ya ships are not being pumped out fast enough for whales to have an edge. Everyone has maxed out a fleet by now and it's simply a level playing field. Only little advantage whales have is they have every ship maxed out and can curtail ships per match better.
    Thing is, if you got a solid fleet you can hold ranks easily with just 8.
    We need a new capital ship (or 2)
    At least 10 new ships
    Release Kylos ship shards (that's the longest overdue)
    And Phoenix would be nice
    This is just the beginning of my wish list.
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Ya ships are not being pumped out fast enough for whales to have an edge. Everyone has maxed out a fleet by now and it's simply a level playing field. Only little advantage whales have is they have every ship maxed out and can curtail ships per match better.
    Thing is, if you got a solid fleet you can hold ranks easily with just 8.
    We need a new capital ship (or 2)
    At least 10 new ships
    Release Kylos ship shards (that's the longest overdue)
    And Phoenix would be nice
    This is just the beginning of my wish list.

Don't forget the falcon needs to be released truly as well. Along with a standard chewie and paired with raid han the real falcon :)
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I love the ops title-reminds me a little of Dr evil "throw me a fregin bone here"haha,ya I spent 40 on this pack as well,only thing this ship does for me now is sit in my last reserve spot in case I run into that scimtar/fives poo.
  • Barmuka_1
    602 posts Member
    Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    I love the ops title-reminds me a little of Dr evil "throw me a fregin bone here"haha,ya I spent 40 on this pack as well,only thing this ship does for me now is sit in my last reserve spot in case I run into that scimtar/fives poo.

Mine sits on the bench. No point using a 4* ship in a 6/7* arena. It gets dropped too quick
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Stories like this are a serious disincentive to want to spend any money on ships, ever.

I spent $10 on Phantom and Ghost, each, and don't think I'll spend anything on ships again. Especially if I have to wait as long for shards of those ships as folks have for the Kylo ship shards.
  • DarthTaral
    362 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    bolobaby wrote: »
    Stories like this are a serious disincentive to want to spend any money on ships, ever.

I spent $10 on Phantom and Ghost, each, and don't think I'll spend anything on ships again. Especially if I have to wait as long for shards of those ships as folks have for the Kylo ship shards.

What's a real kick in the crouch is that you only spent 10 on phantom and ghost and they are probably 4 stars. When we spent 40 on kylo command shuttle to get to the same star level W T F
  • Options
    Uh, there is no edge to ships because they're all exactly the same. There's nothing like mods to differentiate between any, once maxed. The playing field is dead even. Until some type of ship mods are released it will continue to be this way.
  • Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    bolobaby wrote: »

What's a real kick in the crouch is that you only spent 10 on phantom and ghost and they are probably 4 stars. When we spent 40 on kylo command shuttle to get to the same star level W T F

Person A: let's sell this ship pack for $40, people will buy it.
    Person B: are you sure? There's a better deal for the phantom ships.
    Person A: people will buy the Kylo ren ship pack, because...it's evil!
    Everyone but consumers: lolololololol
    Consumers: :'(
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    Options
    Ships were thrown out to just throw something out there. Other than Zetas what do they bring to the game? Nothing! There aren't battles, raids, GW, etc. there isn't an advantage really from finishing 1st to 50th other than buying more ships faster or a few zetas quicker but in the end that doesn't hurt you that bad.

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'd never spend on ships, the games track record is to introduce then ignore ships. They should introduce a new ship raid with new raid currency. ( yeah that's what we need) or just add common ships; all x wings, basic ties and geos. To the characters hard node or Cantina node.
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »
    I'd never spend on ships, the games track record is to introduce then ignore ships. They should introduce a new ship raid with new raid currency. ( yeah that's what we need) or just add common ships; all x wings, basic ties and geos. To the characters hard node or Cantina node.

Yeah, they should. Im really itching for a reason to farm all those nodes again lol.
  • Romao33
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I bought it pretty much because it was the last dark side ship that I didn't have to complete the Zeta challenge. Expensive? yes. Money well spent? I definetly think so. I don't spend much money on this game, but this case was quite useful.

Now, this ship is not even on my banch though. So I agree with OP
  • Options
    Anikan needs a ship badly! New content will be much welcomed or else there isn't much to do in ships. But I must disagree that every one has level 85 ships. I simply do not see that within my shard.
  • Options
    X100 how long do we have to wait hola!
  • Options
    I bought both Phoenix ships too, thinking 1 maybe they would be farmable soon, and 2 ship omegas these will surely be a game changer, survey says wrong
    The only ship omega even partially worth it is Poe, if it can keep him alive long enough he can 1 hit most TFP's
  • Options
    It is like they put some **** in charge of ships and forgot to tell him to do anything with them
    Where is the ship raid, Death Star trench scene is screaming for a raid to be made from it, come one CG get your #%*^ together
  • Options
    Cassian's U-Wing is another one, the most expensive Reinforcement in my fleet but at least I was able to fast-track Jyn Erso to 7* so there was some lateral value there.

Purely a hunch but I think that within the next month or so we'll see:

-Kylo's/Cassian's ships added to Fleet Shipments

-the introduction of new Jedi Starfighters for JKA/GK

-Hardware/pilot droids

-Thrawn as a new capital ship

and...

-a Ships raid

• NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    Options
    I'll bet we get them on hard nodes when they announce Ships PVE at EA Play.

Then you can farm them at one shard a day and wait 6 months before they are usable.

Progress.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Cassian's U-Wing is another one, the most expensive Reinforcement in my fleet but at least I was able to fast-track Jyn Erso to 7* so there was some lateral value there.

Purely a hunch but I think that within the next month or so we'll see:

-Kylo's/Cassian's ships added to Fleet Shipments

-the introduction of new Jedi Starfighters for JKA/GK

-Hardware/pilot droids

-Thrawn as a new capital ship

and...

-a Ships raid

Don't forget about the Separatist capital ship
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    I suggest the Devs add Crystals to the ships payout to make it worthwhile
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    i really dont understand threads like this. You spent money on them because they weren't farmable. Thats what ptp is. Spending money for content unavailable to other players.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    i really dont understand threads like this. You spent money on them because they weren't farmable. Thats what ptp is. Spending money for content unavailable to other players.

While Kylo's ship wasn't that long ago, they could drop the ****. I know they screwed up by adding the wrong pilots (not the real pilots of the ****) but they can correct it. That is the only reason I didn't spend to try and get the Falcon. While they flew it in VII, it isn't their ship. I seriously doubt anyone puts those two with the Falcon when the Falcon is brought up in a conversation. If the question was on Family Feud, Steve Harvey would flip out and punch someone if anyone answered anything other than Han and Chewie as pilots of the ****.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    DarthR244D wrote: »

While Kylo's ship wasn't that long ago, they could drop the ****. I know they screwed up by adding the wrong pilots (not the real pilots of the ****) but they can correct it. That is the only reason I didn't spend to try and get the Falcon. While they flew it in VII, it isn't their ship. I seriously doubt anyone puts those two with the Falcon when the Falcon is brought up in a conversation. If the question was on Family Feud, Steve Harvey would flip out and punch someone if anyone answered anything other than Han and Chewie as pilots of the ****.

What does that have to do with anything?
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options

Yes, but the money is spent too have it be usable. If there's no way to star it up, then it quickly becomes obselete in fleet arena. You buy it to have an edge, with the idea that in a few months you'll be able to continue to upgrade it and use it.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    OP, Great example of why I will never buy any packs.
  • Options
    +1 ships needs a serious shot in the arm, it's ridiculously boring atm.
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    Ships are really pointless other than for the zetas.
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Options
    Ships **** !!! Let's be honest.

*I'll let you decide what word to put in there.