Vader needs a unique..heres a few ideas(i like number 4 best)

As stated, vader is missing just a little something so make him a top competitor in arena, we all Know already what his zeta can do to the rancor so no need to discuss that again.
That being said i do have a few ideas if you care to read on.

I do feel outside of his own leader ability even under Ep or Gmt he just doesnt quite have the edge he needs to be as amazing as he absolutely should be....i mean come on its LORD VADER FOR **** SAKE !

Here is a few of the ideas i have for what his unique could be.. feel free to leave a comment telling me which one you liked best or add your own ideas !( assume this is at max level )

#1 "if you only knew" - darth vader gains 20% critical chance if any enemies are suffering a debuff and will gain offense up whenever an enemy suffers speed down.

#2 "As you wish master" - If emperor palpetine is present.. vader gains retribution for 1 turn any time palpetine takes damage. And any time palpetine uses a special ability vader is called to assist dealing 50% more damage.

#3 "you will join us or die" - every time a rebel or jedi/galactic republic enemy gains a buff vader gains advantage for 1 turn and all buffed enemies gain defense down for 2 turns.

#4 "now i am the master"- at the start of each encounter vader gains a unique buff for 2 turns depending on how many empire allies he has.
1 empire ally = offense up
2 empire allies = offense up & retribution
3 empire allies = offense up ,retribution & critical damage up
4 empire allies = offense up, retribution, critical damage up and advantage

Last but not least number 5, " it is useless to resist" - every time an enemy resists a debuff from vader he gains potency up for 1 turn and has his cooldowns reset and gains 40% turn meter for each debuff resisted.

Replies

• Options
    The first 4 make no sense and don't synergize with other Vader skills.
    The fifth is too OP because of the synergize with the other skills. CD reset and 40% TM? Infinite turns when facing rex.

I'd change #2 because he's the closest... Something else but retribution, and perhaps gain 50% TM instead of assist with 50% damage.
    Again, Vader skillset makes his basic pretty bad, no need use it.
    Other suggestion might be just ditch a unique, and buff Vader basic.
  • C0LIN_OF_JEDAH
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The fifth is too OP because of the synergize with the other skills. CD reset and 40% TM? Infinite turns when facing rex.

Not really rex only gets to use that once before you drop him.. any anyway in terms of OP? Its darth vader lol

Rex /chaze and wiggs get more arena space than him .. unnacceptable.. let me ask you though, how would you rework him to make him as "OP" as he needs to be to fir the arena meta?
  • Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    I think number 5 as a zeta is best suited for him, he'd be a beast

Oh really a zeta? **** haha i was just thinkin omegas too.. suppose a zeta for something that big makes more sense ! We can dream lol
  • Options

Not really rex only gets to use that once before you drop him.. any anyway in terms of OP? Its darth vader lol

Rex /chaze and wiggs get more arena space than him .. unnacceptable.. let me ask you though, how would you rework him to make him as "OP" as he needs to be to fir the arena meta?

I don't think you understand what i meant.
    Let's say Rex/Yoda go before Vader.
    Vader with that 5th unique will use force crush.
    All resisted, therefore will gain 800% TM (100 obviously).
    Will do force crush again. 100% TM.
    Force crush. 100% TM.
    Force crush. 100% TM.
    Force crush. 100%TM. If you are vs chaze, get a boba and oneshot baze at your first turn, when it get to 100 HoTs.
    If you think infinite turns is not a problem because it's "Darth Vader".. I don't know what to say.
    Actually, if not vs Rex/Yoda, instead of getting speed/potency, you can stay on low potency and the other team will rest 2/3.
    Vader will.stack dots over and over again, and he can do it with no mods. That make no sense.
    How in the name of Zeus you can't see it's totally OP vs EVERY team.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    How about this:

"The Empire Strikes Back": Whenever an enemy character that suffers a damage over time effect performs a basic attack, Vader may retaliate against that character. Wait no that sounds horribly overpowered.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Yes! Lord Vader needs a proper Unique.

#MakeVaderGreatAgain
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111066/make-vader-great-again
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    Options
    As stated, vader is missing just a little something so make him a top competitor in arena, we all Know already what his zeta can do to the rancor so no need to discuss that again.
    That being said i do have a few ideas if you care to read on ....

I don´t think he should get a new ability. Instead he should become shock resistant (because he fought Palp and defeated him). He should have either have better defense or higher dodge rate because it is almost impossible to hit him.

This is all I think should be changed. Generally speaking: instead of new abilities and ever more complex setups two game mechanics should be changed.

1.) No bonus attacks after a prior dodged attack and generally not more than two bonus attacks.
    2.) Cleanse and buff in one turn should not be possible.
  • C0LIN_OF_JEDAH
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Yes! Lord Vader needs a proper Unique.

#MakeVaderGreatAgain
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/111066/make-vader-great-again

Right there with you man ! Vader is one of the sole reasons star wars is where it is today.. seems most people want to see sometthing done for him..besides the few that like to be different and say no for the sake of it
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Diel wrote: »

I don´t think he should get a new ability. Instead he should become shock resistant (because he fought Palp and defeated him). He should have either have better defense or higher dodge rate because it is almost impossible to hit him.

This is all I think should be changed. Generally speaking: instead of new abilities and ever more complex setups two game mechanics should be changed.

1.) No bonus attacks after a prior dodged attack and generally not more than two bonus attacks.

If anything, he should have Shock vulnerability, that's what killed him! Or you didn't watch the movie?

What a well delivered and very sophisticated speech of yours. Maybe you try get a third neuron a six more axons.

I saw the movie. You saw anyone else in any movie who could fight or even walk while/after being hit by those lightnings? Shock itself does not kill anyone in this game.
  • Options
    Zader's Zeta should have been his Unique. It's attached to his Leader, yet part of it (DOTs) do not persist after his death. Go figure that one out.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Diel
    109 posts Member
    Options

If anything, he should have Shock vulnerability, that's what killed him! Or you didn't watch the movie?

What a well delivered and very sophisticated speech of yours. Maybe you try get a third neuron a six more axons.

I saw the movie. You saw anyone else in any movie who could fight or even walk while/after being hit by those lightnings? Shock itself does not kill anyone in this game.

Luke didn't kill Vader, only chopped his hand. Vader was perfectly fine after the duel with Luke. Quote from starwars.com: "While he had suffered fatal injuries from the Emperor’s lightning..."

I know. What has Luke to do with it? The point is: shock does not kill in this game and since we know only one character from the movies who could at least resist shock long enough to throw Palp into some hole in the ground we can kindly ask for shock resistance or shock immunity.
  • Options
    Vader needs love.. period !
  • Options

Luke didn't kill Vader, only chopped his hand. Vader was perfectly fine after the duel with Luke. Quote from starwars.com: "While he had suffered fatal injuries from the Emperor’s lightning..."

I know. What has Luke to do with it? The point is: shock does not kill in this game and since we know only one character from the movies who could at least resist shock long enough to throw Palp into some hole in the ground we can kindly ask for shock resistance or shock immunity.

Why is this even an issue. It is irrelevant,
    the post is to discuss darth vader needing a unique and what ideas you like or may have of your own?
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'd like some thing like Kylo, for every enemy debuff Vader gains +3 speed, and empire allies gain +1.
    The more things look worse for his enemy, the faster he gets.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    The only unique he needs is blaster deflection. But thats me :)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Options
    How about this:

Relentless Aggression: Every time Vader is resisted, evaded, or countered, he gains 20% TM, and his target has a 25% chance to gain a damage over time debuff.

Rank 2: +10% DoT chance
    Rank 3: +5% TM
    Rank 4: +5% TM
    Rank 5: +5% DoT chance
    Rank 6: +10% TM
    Rank 7: +10% DoT chance
    Zeta: +10% TM, +10% DoT chance, second DoT on Jedi or Rebel opponents.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    The only unique he needs is blaster deflection. But thats me :)

I dig it !
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Vader absolutely needs a unique.
    +1
  • Darlex11
    235 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Power of the Dark Side (Unique) - Whenever an opponent resists an attack by a dark side ally, inflict Tenacity Down for 1 turn on that opponent.
  • Options
    Unrelenting Assault- Unique Lvl1
    Whenever Vader is evaded, he gains 100% TM.
    Lvl 8 Zeta
    Whenever Vader is evaded, he gains 100% TM. If he scores a critical hit on a Jedi or Rebel enemy he gains 100% TM. If Emperor Palpatine is present he also gains 50% TM when Vader is critically hit.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Options
    Darlex11 wrote: »
    Power of the Dark Side (Unique) - Whenever an opponent resists an attack by a dark side ally, inflict Tenacity Down for 1 turn on that opponent.

I like this.. perhaps adding a zeta to it and do what you said already plus " also, whenever vader gets critically hit he gains critical chance up and critical damage up for 2 turns"