Can this be cleared up.

Prev1
Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
@CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat

I wish I had the screen shot but I'm sure someone can provide it.  I will update at next launch.

In the current flash event, the required units for the bonus tier T4 are 5 of the 6 units and Chopper is listed as one of the 6.

From the information we are seeing you can't use chopper.  This means the required units are incorrect. We will need Sabine.

I am not going to be able to make this work today and as many others are I am working hard to build the necessary teams for the rest of the events.  This information is misleading and very hurtful to development as Sabine requires a health amount of focus and planning to get her to 5*.

Any help or updates would be appreciated

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I had gotten some incorrect information that caused me to remove this post before.

It will allow you to enter the toons selection screen with 5 5* toons ( 1 being chopper) but will not allow you to battle.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, this 'news' is very annoying to hear, especially since we found out from our fellow players, and not from the dev team.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I wish I had the screen shot but I'm sure someone can provide it.  I will update at next launch.

In the current flash event, the required units for the bonus tier T4 are 5 of the 6 units and Chopper is listed as one of the 6.

From the information we are seeing you can't use chopper.  This means the required units are incorrect. We will need Sabine.

I am not going to be able to make this work today and as many others are I am working hard to build the necessary teams for the rest of the events.  This information is misleading and very hurtful to development as Sabine requires a health amount of focus and planning to get her to 5*.

This is actually a weird edge case that was discovered today. We've already started working on fix for it today, but it's not going to be able to go in until next week. We're going to try to get it in as soon as possible. Thanks for flagging, we always appreciate it. Apologies for the frustration.

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    CG_TopHat wrote: »

This is actually a weird edge case that was discovered today. We've already started working on fix for it today, but it's not going to be able to go in until next week. We're going to try to get it in as soon as possible. Thanks for flagging, we always appreciate it. Apologies for the frustration.

@CG_TopHat does this mean it will get switched so we are allowed to use our own chopper, or will the wording be changed to say we are given an event unit chopper?
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Options

I appreciate you posting about this, but I had to smile at the "working hard" statement. Clicking a button every 6 hours is not really working hard. There is only so much you can do. Just to be clear: this is not meant to be an offensive statement, just made me smile after a 14h work day.

• Options
    So I take it no one tested the event by simply going in and pressing battle with 5* characters?

because this would have came up in your QA surely... there is still a QA right? someone IS trying this on a f2p account with non maxed units right?
  • WesTerallo
    90 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry but this has already resulted in a waste of resources since many of use leveled and geared chopper thinking we could use him today. Then I had to switch to Sabine when I realized YOUR mistake. Then after 5 hours we finally got word. But nothing significant and still ambiguous. This was a serious waste of my resources and I'm very disappointed in you guys for this
  • Options
    There is your basic proof. Essentially I wasted resources ($$$) to get chopper ready for this and then he was unusable for the entire event. Awesome. At this point a simple apology would be close but not quite enough since I just spent my lunch money on something that can't be used (even if they fix it in the future I still lose out on every single iteration until then).
  • Kio
    3 posts Member
    Options
    So I take it no one tested the event by simply going in and pressing battle with 5* characters?

because this would have came up in your QA surely... there is still a QA right? someone IS trying this on a f2p account with non maxed units right?

• Options
    Epic Fail by devs on this one. Should have been tested.
  • T4FF
    2 posts Member
    Options
    Ambiguous statement though? Will it result in chopper being allowed or Sabine being required? It makes a huge difference!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @CG_TopHat

We could really use some clarification.

Will the fix lead to chopper being used? Or leave us needing Sabine? ??

Please clear this up.
  • Options
    Antares wrote: »

I appreciate you posting about this, but I had to smile at the "working hard" statement. Clicking a button every 6 hours is not really working hard. There is only so much you can do. Just to be clear: this is not meant to be an offensive statement, just made me smile after a 14h work day.

What a douchey thing to say. As someone who works IT, I promise that when they say they are working hard, they are not lying. It's very possible they work longer hours than you.

When you don't have the slightest clue about a particular career field, you really have no room to condescend. You can't imagine the amount of work that goes into every tiny detail. Grow up.
  • Options
    Ender505 wrote: »
    Antares wrote: »

What a douchey thing to say. As someone who works IT, I promise that when they say they are working hard, they are not lying. It's very possible they work longer hours than you.

When you don't have the slightest clue about a particular career field, you really have no room to condescend. You can't imagine the amount of work that goes into every tiny detail. Grow up.

lol dude...i work in IT too, but regardless, you might want to actually figure out what he quoted before grabbing your pitchfork. he was talking about the guy that was grinding gear, not the guy working for CG. The man playing the game doesn't have to work hard to play it obviously. I'm sure CG works their butts off on this game but that post was not about them.
  • Options
    Hum how to sum this up .....F!AI!L!
  • Bazz
    48 posts Member
    Options
    +1 here, leveled, geared Chopper only to discover I couldn't use him. And I was on a flight, paid for in flight WiFi only to discover I couldn't do anything. Terrible QA from the devs, and horrible experience for gamers.
  • Options
    This has been flagged as a bug! Just plz stop talking or posting especially on the forum! *Thread closed*
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    CG_TopHat

Please clear this up.
    Vague answers gotta love it!
  • Options

Testing? In this game? You're kidding right?
  • GamorreanBard
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Where do I sign up to only work 14 hours a day? And I assume in an airconditioned office?
  • T4ct1c4l_J0k3r
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @CG_TopHat

Please clear this up.

Hey. I know you have been busy but when you get a chance please give us an update.

Maybe @CG_Kozispoon can help...
  • Options
    So i spent 100 crystals to refresh my arena shop and cantina shop toget chopper and kannan to 5* today only to find out i need sabine at 5*? Such a rude shock
  • Options
    It's been a few days. Could we please get a clarification?
    Will we be able to use our 5* chopper?
    Will we be forced to also get Sabine to 5*?
  • Options
    yeah, any news on this?
  • Options
    lol ya I shoulda read this thread first. just finished 5* chopper and got the others (except sabine). I was like right on requirements met. go in to do it and says I need a 6th (sabine) to continue.... BOOOO. Wasnt even gonna star or gear chopper unless I had to and seemed like I did. really sucks. I get they are gonna fix it but kinda missing out right now. what about the events already missed???
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Is there any official update on what the fix will be? Are they going to change the language to require Sabine or make it so you can use your own chopper?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    So do you need all 6 of the Phoenix losers to be 5* to do the bonus flash event tier now?

vader_didnt_read.gif

• Options
    Any update?