EA Play Live Megathread

Prev13456714
RJ__Brando
1500 posts Moderator
edited June 2017
EA_Jesse wrote: »
Hey Everyone!

Be sure to check out the live stream today over at https://www.ea.com/

The press conference starts at 12pm Pacific Time, with the Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes portion beginning at 1:15pm Pacific Time. Be sure to tune in for a closer look at Grand Admiral Thrawn!

-Jesse

Key points:
- legendary event June 15th
- first Empire cleanse
Post edited by RJ__Brando on

Replies

• Lugo
    417 posts Member
    So here is how I'm going to farm Phoenix toons in hopes of having 5 of them at 7☆ by the time Thrawn event hits.

1. Save up Shard Shop Currency. Don't waste any trying to get toons to 5☆ faster. Phoenix Flash event is going on and off all month. Last day of the event is the 30th. (Unless it gets changed)

2. Farm Hera in Cantina 1-F, Ezra from Ship Shop (Don't Farm him from Cantina 2-B untill Hera is 7☆), Subine from Guild Shop and 1-A Dark Side hard node, kanah from Arena Shop, Geb from GW Shop, and Chopper from Cantina Shop.

If you focus on this you should have all toons 5☆ befor last flash event on the 30th and get the 2 full parts and 3 Zeta. If any are not 5☆ by the 30th (because everyone knows RNG hates us all equilly) Ezra and Sabine might not show up in shop enough. You can use your Shard Shop currency to take them to 5☆ and do Bonus tier. If you did get them all to 5☆ without Shard Shop then save the currency.

Thrawn: Will probably be a 7 Day event like Yoda, EP, and R2D2. So when event launches no need to rush. Just keep farming toons untill last day of event and use Shard Shop to hopefully take 1 or 2 toons to 7☆.

I'm not saying if you do this you will get 7☆ Thrawn. If you are F2P like myself this will probably be the best way to do it.

Good Luck to all and happy grinding.
  • HaistDevetVittu
    43 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    You are a genious. Screw your ship shop by farming a Phoenix toon and then getting 3 zeta mats as a reward. You have just re-invented gunpowder!

Not.

ac7MA7r5IMYda.gif
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i'm farming both ezra and hera to 5☆ and 6☆ first, before i farm hera to 7☆. Not much use for a 7☆ hero if my ezra is only 4☆.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    You are a genious. Screw your ship shop by farming a Phoenix toon and then getting 3 zeta mats as a reward. You have just re-invented gunpowder!

Not.

It's random and a way to increase rate while also farming cantina to help meet your goal/timeframe.

You can get 60 shards from the Fleet Shop by breaking even, cost of 3 zetas. With the ultimate goal of having a team that can get Thrawn... which is a value you didn't mention.

You might be strapped for zetas but not everyone is, I have 80 sitting in my account, waiting for a needed home. I most likely will shift my Fleet resources into farming Ezra, just as I did for GK gear.

• Lugo why are you farming all 6? Isn't the event only going to require 5?

I'm free to play and I'm thinking about trying to get 5* Thrawn. I did it with Palpatine and it was great having him geared up when I was finally able to 7* him. So if it is only 5 of the 6 toons, which one do we leave out?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Lugo why are you farming all 6? Isn't the event only going to require 5?

I'm free to play and I'm thinking about trying to get 5* Thrawn. I did it with Palpatine and it was great having him geared up when I was finally able to 7* him. So if it is only 5 of the 6 toons, which one do we leave out?

If you farm all 6 then you have a higher chance of being able to make 5 7☆ out of the 6.
  • Oh, you mean by the second time the event comes around? Because I don't see myself getting 5 7*'s in just a few weeks! Even if I did, they probably wouldn't be geared enough for the 7th tier.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Oh, you mean by the second time the event comes around? Because I don't see myself getting 5 7*'s in just a few weeks! Even if I did, they probably wouldn't be geared enough for the 7th tier.

I'm aiming for first time out. Who knows when event may come again. Thrawn might not be usable for arena but might be for HAAT. Much like a condom: I'd rather have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. (I know that quote came from AVP.)
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    I think the thing you can take away is he gave options... You can farm as you feel you need to, what is of value to you.

Advise above to farm to 5-6* is probably pretty good, get all your characters up to min level to at least participate and then worry about boosting further based on your other resource/team needs.
  • Lugo wrote: »

If you farm all 6 then you have a higher chance of being able to make 5 7☆ out of the 6.

In fact 6000 currencies of the ships you purchase 75 Ezra Shards
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »
    Lugo wrote: »

3 Zeta 6000 Ship Currency, 1 Full Cuff 6000 Ship Currency or 1400 Crystals, 1 Full MK5 FF 1400 Crystals.

Ezra 80 shards 6400 Ship Currency.
  • I ask myself the question as a f2p player, if the toons and the rewards are actually worth it, spending so much into chars, that you would actually not use after getting Thrawn and the other rewards?

I will not do any progress within many days, if I complete the phoenix squad.
  • I'm 100% F2P and I made a plan to catch the Evilsmurf with 7 stars. I believe he will be extremely OP and an important in META. It will be days dedicated to this without counting the many resources that I had saved.

I am happy to spend resources with the children? Not even a little! But I'm competitive so it's practically an obligation.
  • Sheytan
    91 posts Member
    sL_Spinoza wrote: »

3 Zeta 6000 Ship Currency, 1 Full Cuff 6000 Ship Currency or 1400 Crystals, 1 Full MK5 FF 1400 Crystals.

Ezra 80 shards 6400 Ship Currency.

Except you don't need to spend ship currency on Ezra to do this. I got Hera and Ezra both to 5 stars already just farming them in the Cantina. Didn't have to spend precious ship currency. So, I'll get Tier 4 flash event's rewards AND have my ship shop currency.
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    Don't get me wrong I'm hype about thrawn and these flash events and such are quite enjoyable. But you got me all worked up with this new game mode tease and I wanna be able to play it. Adding it as soon as possible should be IMO top priority as it adds a new level of depth and gameplay to your everyday content not just event stuff. Can you confirm a date or time frame to which this is coming or any other details I can look forward too?
  • Unfortunately I think the Flash events were the new game mode.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Unfortunately I think the Flash events were the new game mode.

waaaaaaaahhhht? You're kidding, right? Never thought about that
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Find out more later today

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/10/15771282/ea-e3-2017-press-conference-live-stream-watch-online-play

12pm PDT for the live show hosted by EA JESSE!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • I skipped the Phoenix events all together. It's just an attempt to get people to spend their crystals on the underwhelming Phoenix squad characters so they can use it in an event.

We need more game modes in ships, and we can probably have some real time battles like Force Arena that matches you up based on skill and ability.
  • Yeah ezra and herra are easy chopper and geb are not hard kannan and Sabine are going to take the longest but given the rest of the month it's doable
  • Doubt they will introduce much new content today, I know they already changed some of their plans on Tuesday and nixed some of the presentations. Today will mostly be the Thrawn reveal.
    Empire Relic
  • Check the guild area. There are 2 holograms on either side of the raid icon, could be new content?
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    lisa-simpson-know-it-all.jpg
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Doubt they will introduce much new content today, I know they already changed some of their plans on Tuesday and nixed some of the presentations. Today will mostly be the Thrawn reveal.

And how do you know that? :)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    635032483401722088.jpg
    He played this card and saw it all....
  • Lmao I love it when mods start posting memes..

The new game mode is going to be announced today, it was mentioned quite a few times that it's NOT the Flash Events.
  • August?
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Lmao I love it when mods start posting memes..

The new game mode is going to be announced today, it was mentioned quite a few times that it's NOT the Flash Events.

I guess we'll see in a couple of hours. I am ready for a big disappointment, but hope dies last.
  • Antares wrote: »

I guess we'll see in a couple of hours. I am ready for a big disappointment, but hope dies last.

I am not surprised. People on this forum are pretty much the most ungrateful people in the entire world. Nothing makes them happy. Nothing satisfies them. But I understand them. They simply haven't played any other games to know what an actual disappointment and actual p2w is.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »

I am not surprised. People on this forum are pretty much the most ungrateful people in the entire world. Nothing makes them happy. Nothing satisfies them. But I understand them. They simply haven't played any other games to know what an actual disappointment and actual p2w is.

Truth. More than one game became unplayable after a week or so unless you spent money.