EA Play Live Megathread

18910111214Next

Replies

• What with say we sorry guys we asked you to watch a live stream with 0 content
    lets start with that......
  • Fredelig wrote: »
    Smithie D's comment about what we got at the presentation: https://youtu.be/u4tLBHXlOt0

Interesting to see a gamechanger not be totally positive. Usually they spin more than Sean Spicer.
    Smithie D's comment about what we got at the presentation: https://youtu.be/u4tLBHXlOt0

Interesting to see a gamechanger not be totally positive. Usually they spin more than Sean Spicer.

@Smithie has never been a spinmeister. He's always straight up been honest and factual with the community when it comes to new toons or updates, as well as giving his unbiased opinion on the matter.

SnakesOnAPlane

@Smithie has never been a spinmeister. He's always straight up been honest and factual with the community when it comes to new toons or updates, as well as giving his unbiased opinion on the matter.

And he got a subscribe from me because of it!

+1
  • Jabba wrote: »
    Lack of information we were promised today is disturbing . I already changed my spending habits here fear I don't change them further. Where's the gamechangers videos if no videos a simple post with thrawns kit details will do . I believe we're owed at least that after yesterday's circus act.

I'm guessing the reason they don't just post his kit for everyone to see is that that is what the "gamechanger" youtubers have sold thenselves for. The game changers get to put unreleased content in their videos to force people to watch them, and in return they shill Thrawn as the second coming to convince people to spend money.

Which means that the gameplay that is supposed to be released will likely not contain any hard data, we will probably have to watch closely just to see what his abilities actually do, and actual numbers won't be available until they have to put out the update and they can be datamined.
  • _JB_
    68 posts Member
    Just my 2 cents but mobile gaming is the future. It passed up PC and console games in revenue the first quarter of last year ($37 billion in revenues). Based on the EA play event, EA seems like a company slow to come around to the future of gaming.

• _JB_
    68 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Star Wars: Galaxy Of Heroes - Thrawn Gameplay Livestream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_JjsgmJLNI
  • _JB_ wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents but mobile gaming is the future. It passed up PC and console games in revenue the first quarter of last year ($37 billion in revenues). Based on the EA play event, EA seems like a company slow to come around to the future of gaming.

VR is the future in my opinion.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Fredelig wrote: »

And he got a subscribe from me because of it!

Haha thanks buddy
  • What happened to the live streams for the Game Changers? Usually they go up for replay after they're concluded.
  • 2) "Force" players to pay for things in game by creating scarcity, bottleneck grinding, encourage "fear of falling behind" by releasing possible meta-changing content behind pay walls (i.e. Chaze originally, Fulcrum Ahsoka, and now Thrawn). I would consider this a "pay, or else..." model.

I am a Game of War refugee, where I spent over $17,000 US dollars in a 3 year span..and about a month ago realized there is no way to keep up unless I pay about $1,000 a month due to constant massively expensive attack gear releases.. If I unshield for even one minute (no exaggeration) I get zeroed out and lose a ton of investment. It was a relief to find SWGOH where the Pay Or Die model is less frantic, and the game itself far more interesting. If the same GOW tactics you quoted above were used againt me again, here, I'd be done with gaming altogether. Tipping points DO happen. In GoW seasoned invested people quit every day and there's no way for new players to catch up.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member

I am a Game of War refugee, where I spent over $17,000 US dollars in a 3 year span..and about a month ago realized there is no way to keep up unless I pay about $constant massively expensive attack gear releases.. If I unshield for even one minute (no exaggeration) I get zeroed out and lose a ton of investment. It was a relief to find SWGOH where the Pay Or Die model is less frantic, and the game itself far more interesting. If the same GOW tactics you quoted above were used againt me again, here, I'd be done with gaming altogether. Tipping points DO happen. In GoW seasoned invested people quit every day and there's no way for new players to catch up.

As someone that quit GoW over a year ago but still logs every three weeks to make sure my shield is up, I feel your pain.

And, having played SWGOH for over a year now, I can tell you that I do see some indications that this is headed in a similar direction. But at least it's not a pay-or-die situation... yet.
  • But at least it's not a pay-or-die situation... yet.

I appreciate the warning and will keep my wallet mostly closed. It's a better game without all the hype, excitement, and rushing around for every new character anayway. These youtubers create a huge interest level that is very dangerous to the wallet and eventually Kill the joy... i would rather care less and play more/longer without fear of that dread, the pit-of-the-stomach tipping point, again.
  • I'm not looking to be inflammatory, but has EA addressed the elephant in the room in another thread?
  • Eclipso
    199 posts Member
    FranQK wrote: »
    I'm not looking to be inflammatory, but has EA addressed the elephant in the room in another thread?

Which one :D
  • Eclipso wrote: »
    FranQK wrote: »
    I'm not looking to be inflammatory, but has EA addressed the elephant in the room in another thread?

Which one :D

Probably either about the content they promised us we'd get an update on in May or the daily nerf chase posts that keep popping up
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    I'm fairly sure that the reason we didn't get the content announcement we were told about was because of those leaks on reddit. Unfortunately, someone in the beta most likely ruined the planned announcement for the rest of us.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    _JB_ wrote: »

I totally agree. Look up how much money this game has made. I'd wager it surpasses Battlefront, which is the main reason I'm made at EA for slighting SWGoH during EA Play.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • @RJ__Brando what is the forecast for the new game mode?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    @RJ__Brando what is the forecast for the new game mode?

13l4afp8tie1.gif
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    @RJ__Brando what is the forecast for the new game mode?

13l4afp8tie1.gif

:D:'(
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    I've seen the video, but not sure what was more entertaining ... the connection losts and game crashes when he tried to show us the new character or the comments of the players watching it. :lol:
    I think the crashes are the new game modes ... oh wait, new? .... :naughty:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.