Thrawn: Gameplay coming within 48 hours!

Replies

• bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    bolobaby wrote: »
    There will be gameplay available within 48 hours. We can expect awesome things from Thrawn. More can't be disclosed at this time, but a vast majority (those who have Phoenix at 5* and above) will be happy in short time. You can start taking your panties out of the wads you put them in.

@SnakesOnAPlane - Thanks for the update. I trust your information.

The funny thing is, I'm not really a dark side player (or light side, for that matter), so I'm not super jazzed about Thrawn, BUT...

I'm gonna have him, probably at 7*, totally FTP. That'll REALLY get some folks' panties in a wad. I may even idle him at level 1 in my inventory for a while too, which is likely to cause heads to explode.

I just have to ask, totally ftp? Best you could have done was 15/30 from the evebts, how many hundreds of thousands of shard shop currency did you have banked? And how many refreshes in the shard shop? Cuz I'm pretty sure that's the only way possible they are all 7* without spending any $$$

@Drax - see my prior response to Snakes.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Judging by the kit that i read about he will be a support. His kit doesnt sound like an attacker kit.

right but so are Tarkin and Krennic
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Faroer wrote: »
    There will be gameplay available within 48 hours. We can expect awesome things from Thrawn. More can't be disclosed at this time, but a vast majority (those who have Phoenix at 5* and above) will be happy in short time. You can start taking your panties out of the wads you put them in.

@SnakesOnAPlane - Thanks for the update. I trust your information.

The funny thing is, I'm not really a dark side player (or light side, for that matter), so I'm not super jazzed about Thrawn, BUT...

I'm gonna have him, probably at 7*, totally FTP. That'll REALLY get some folks' panties in a wad. I may even idle him at level 1 in my inventory for a while too, which is likely to cause heads to explode.

I just have to ask, totally ftp? Best you could have done was 15/30 from the evebts, how many hundreds of thousands of shard shop currency did you have banked? And how many refreshes in the shard shop? Cuz I'm pretty sure that's the only way possible they are all 7* without spending any $$$

Actually if you have SOME points saved up in gw shop, cantina shop, and arena shop, then you can Make 4 trades per day which will get 20'shards per day and easily 7* the 3 toons there. THEN If you used all 3 refreshes each day on Hera in cantina, that's about 40 shards per day for her on average during double drops, and 20 per day after double drops, so you'll 7* her before the event and start farming Ezra. Assuming Ezra shows up in the fleet store once per day on average, then you'd need a just few thousand Shard Shop to finish him at 7*. Not impossible at all for FTP.

That's called "strategy", which many F2P don't apply.

That's also assuming only shards are required to get Thrawn. Who needs the gear and the levels for the 5 toons, am I right? It's a stretch, I'd really like to hear from a F2P who really did it.

I'm getting Thrawn at minimum 5 stars myself, the F2P way. Whatever crystals I had saved, I blew it on Fulcrum. Normally I wait and watch and indeed did that, postponed gearing her up. Still wonder why I didn't hold spending the crystals on her shards...
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Don't remember if Yoda, emperor and r2 had that short noticed before the event. More time would be nice.
    Two days notice each for Yoda and Palp, ten days notice for R2.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Don't remember if Yoda, emperor and r2 had that short noticed before the event. More time would be nice.

Right but there required toons were already released and farmable BEFORE the events were announced
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Options
    This is really FUBAR. This whole event, starting with the nothing on Star Wars day, then a lackluster 20th anniversary, then the Phoenix ordeal, and it goes on and on.

If the Thrawn gameplay was that earth moving, they would have shown it and played it up more at the conference. Showcase it! If they want people to open their wallets, use the opportunity the EA event to showcase what's coming and really play it up as the best thing ever. EA has a huge PR department that's very good at their job. Don't rely on some YouTubers to comment on the same video of someone else's gameplay. (No offense SmithieD)

• RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

Right but there required toons were already released and farmable BEFORE the events were announced

Yeah, but I hadn't farmed any Rebels to speak of prior to Palpatine being announced, and I was still fairly new (started May of last year). I had to bite down hard and watch my arena shard get littered with 5-7* Palpatine until he *finally* came back. It didn't wreck my ability to compete then. There will be teams without Thrawn that are more than competitive after this event runs.
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »
    This is really FUBAR. This whole event, starting with the nothing on Star Wars day, then a lackluster 20th anniversary, then the Phoenix ordeal, and it goes on and on.

If the Thrawn gameplay was that earth moving, they would have shown it and played it up more at the conference. Showcase it! If they want people to open their wallets, use the opportunity the EA event to showcase what's coming and really play it up as the best thing ever. EA has a huge PR department that's very good at their job. Don't rely on some YouTubers to comment on the same video of someone else's gameplay. (No offense SmithieD)

I'd say they are trying new strategies, on Phoenix they showed kit, had YouTuber videos, and big disappointment at the end. Maybe now they are trying a more discrete launching, maybe the mystery open more wallets than full frontal.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options
    RyanRen wrote: »

Yeah, but I hadn't farmed any Rebels to speak of prior to Palpatine being announced, and I was still fairly new (started May of last year). I had to bite down hard and watch my arena shard get littered with 5-7* Palpatine until he *finally* came back. It didn't wreck my ability to compete then. There will be teams without Thrawn that are more than competitive after this event runs.

No no no. Don't go bringing reason, perspective, and sanity to an emotional debate! Party foul!
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options

right but you COULD have had them before the event none of the Farmable and required at the same time
  • Options

No no no. Don't go bringing reason, perspective, and sanity to an emotional debate! Party foul!

How about you put your money where your mouth is and share how you intend to get 7 star Thrawn as F2P? I'd be grateful, for one.
  • Options
    @SnakesOnAPlane when you show footage, show thrawn on Def. It's the only footage that matters. Everyone can win on offense, so offensive footage is meaningless.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    His kit so far sounds TERRIBLE... I'm really disappointed. He has an ability that cleanses himself and ONE other empire only toon. Compared to toons which cleanse the entire team AND do other good stuff... (rex, gk, churrit, etc). Or he can give his TM to one other toon! oh boy! He's not really manipulating TM, he's just giving his to someone else and on what cooldown? I really hope they change this up a bit b/c he sounds awful for arena and he really doesn't sound like he will add much to raids as much as they've hyped him up I'm expecting him to completely fall on his face and cause me to lose any hope I had left of them actually trying to create a balanced game. My money will be spent elsewhere and I'll stop giving them hundreds of dollars a month.
  • Options

How about you put your money where your mouth is and share how you intend to get 7 star Thrawn as F2P? I'd be grateful, for one.

He's not f2p, he's spent money on the game.
  • Options
    @SnakesOnAPlane when you show footage, show thrawn on Def. It's the only footage that matters. Everyone can win on offense, so offensive footage is meaningless.

Nope, it's not. Everyone cannot win on offense.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

@HorishBathens.
  • bolobaby
    275 posts Member
    Options

Why do you read this thread and find out for yourself instead of making me post it again?

I planned and will be (likely) rewarded for it. You didn't. *shrug* Are you saying my planning should go unrewarded while your whining should be?
  • Options

Why do you read this thread and find out for yourself instead of making me post it again?

I planned and will be (likely) rewarded for it. You didn't. *shrug* Are you saying my planning should go unrewarded while your whining should be?

He's not saying that at all.
  • Options

I'm f2p and I plan on getting thrawn to 7*, there are many guides already that help you know how. But you have to count on some accumulated resources (which you spent on ahsoka, but some of us didn't)
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's entirely possible with F2P. Not as likely, seeing that the start date is 6/15, but doable. I should have four 7* and one 6* by the time the event is over on the 22nd. And depending on how often Ezra shows up in the fleet shop, I'd be able to spend the saved Cantina credits, Arena tokens, and GW tokens to get enough Shard Shop currency to buy the remaining shards I'd need to get the rest of the way to my last 7*.

Yeah it is possible by event end I will ftp 2 7* Phoenix and at least 6 star everyone else but sabine. Not sure if I can get the full 7 * but i am saving the crystals.
  • Options

I'm f2p and I plan on getting thrawn to 7*, there are many guides already that help you know how. But you have to count on some accumulated resources (which you spent on ahsoka, but some of us didn't)

I'm being realistic here. You guys are just counting the shards. Which by itself is a maybe. I don't think G8 is going to cut it for 7 stars. If it does, great. For anyone interested, I'm also working towards 7 stars but I've been a spender, I have quite a bit of gear hoarded. I don't think it can be done the F2P way.
  • Options
    Ouchie wrote: »

This sums it all up best, minus the pr thing. They've been failing miserably with this.
  • Options

It's not possible unless you banked all currency and crystals for months.
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, Thrawn is going to be a huge let down. And with as much as they've hyped it up, that just makes it that much worse. He doesn't look to be the all imposing super Empire character he is in the books. Based on what they've said about his kit so far he sounds more like a smurf flailing a wet noodle...
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Options
    Jonais wrote: »
    Yeah, Thrawn is going to be a huge let down. And with as much as they've hyped it up, that just makes it that much worse. He doesn't look to be the all imposing super Empire character he is in the books. Based on what they've said about his kit so far he sounds more like a smurf flailing a wet noodle...

Hate to say it but from what we have heard you're probably right. I don't trust info like OP is providing. The I know but can't tell you nonsense is lame.
  • Options

I'm being realistic here. You guys are just counting the shards. Which by itself is a maybe. I don't think G8 is going to cut it for 7 stars. If it does, great. For anyone interested, I'm also working towards 7 stars but I've been a spender, I have quite a bit of gear hoarded. I don't think it can be done the F2P way.

Then again, it's about managing resources. I have been hoarding gear for a while since I got a stable and competitive arena team. I could get all phoenix to gear 9 and possibly more if I wanted. And btw, the other legendary events could be done with gear 8 toons with good mods.

I'm not saying every f2p ever will get 7* thrawn, I just say it's not impossible
  • Options
    I'm going to go with @SnakesOnAPlane on this one. That presentation today was lame, I'm thinking Thrawn may be the next meta toon, and honestly he hasn't be wrong since ATF :smile:
  • Options
    Tatebomb wrote: »
    Jonais wrote: »

Hate to say it but from what we have heard you're probably right. I don't trust info like OP is providing. The I know but can't tell you nonsense is lame.

He's sharing what he can. I don't see why anyone has to have a beef with him for that. Let his video drop and then decide if you agree with his views.
  • Options
    Even more important than how FTP might be able to get Thrawn to 7* is the question of do they even want to try. Snakes is claiming great stuff is coming in videos soon that will make everyone who gets him happy, but I'm just not believing it. Empire has a lot of good toons, if you took Chaze, GK, and Zaul out of the game there would probably be three different empire squads competing for the Meta title, but good is not the same as great.

I run a Zader lead, take first or second most days, and I've got toons like TFP and Deathtrooper sitting on the bench because that kind of amazing kit just isn't enough anymore. Cleanse is nice, but the turn meter and protection boosts are going to have to be massive if they are going to be at all equivalent to the heal and constant countering that Chaze puts out. And even that probably won't be enough, because it can be blocked by debuffs, and no way no how is Thrawn going to put out the kind of cleanse and tenacity up that a triple cleanse team does.
  • Jonais
    68 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have anything against him, but we've also seen plenty of hype for empire characters that turn out to be mostly unusable. They continually give rebel/LS characters amazing abilities and arena viability and the empire gets lackluster abilities that don't hold a candle to the LS counterparts.