Galaxy of Carbantis

2Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I have a maxed out Han Solo. I have GK, though not maxed. Been doing raids a long time, and NEVER got a single carbanti. I get Mk7 scanners, MkV furnaces and Nubian disks aplenty (and that's fine...especially the furnaces which every toon will need at some point). But other than the occasional stun cuff, thermal detonator or the blessedly rare MkV droid caller, that's it. Never a single carbanti, ever.

I used to get them all the time. Back than raid gear was scarse and i hated getting carbanti's. Now the mk4 carbanti is my most hated reward, mainly because at first sight it looks like a mk3 :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gamezealot
    152 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed. While it's nice they seem to be shifting away from cuffs and to something that is theoretically easy to obtain, requiring so many while giving out so few (and honestly they seem to have one of the worse farming drop rates in the game) is very discouraging.
  • Options
    Their answer to gear bottleneck= flash events. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a chance for that gear more often. Phoenix flash event is throughout the month. Again there very little tweaks they could do to help the bottleneck. Take challenge gear out of rewards. I'm good on the mk iv guns. Add a full gun into rancor rewards. Have every 4th flash event reup on gear.

and while they're at it, those mk4 guns need to be removed from Shipments entirely -- other than when people with itchy trigger fingers are rubed into mistakenly buying them thinking they're mk5, WHO actually buys these?
  • AtlasMKx
    260 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Agreed. While it's nice they seem to be shifting away from cuffs and to something that is theoretically easy to obtain, requiring so many while giving out so few (and honestly they seem to have one of the worse farming drop rates in the game) is very discouraging.

This! While it sucks needing so much of any gear, I'm just glad we don't need 8 Droid callers, cuffs or guns instead. With the huge influx of new heroes, I hope they buffs drop rates for everything however.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    So - NP, ~3 Carbantis x 5 is 15. 3 times a week is 45. That's just 365 weeks!
    NO-PROB.gif
    (Yeah, I know you can farm them elsewise, they're in "raid" gear, and you pick a few up for events.... but stilll)

Great Scott.... brb 365 from now
    giphy.gif
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    So tired of farming carbantis cuffs and guns. Like, discouragingly tired.
  • StarSon
    7516 posts Member
    Options
    So tired of farming carbantis cuffs and guns. Like, discouragingly tired.

+1
  • Options
    The answer to all the problems: money

CG please sell us the characters totally geared

OP, at least everytime you see carbantis in shipments, you are able to buy them. Not all of us have that luxury. I used to buy them regularly but not now that I invest my arena crystals on farming Phoenix. I buy them on fleet shipments every time I see them (also cuffs)

CG should redo some gear pieces, you need carbantis alone, and also you need them as part of other gear pieces and THATS the exhausting part.
    There's something that need to change regarding gear.
  • Options
    Taramel wrote: »

To the person that spent time doing this..that was a lot of work and I applaud you, thanks:)

The gear bottleneck on this game is a sick joke, honestly. I wouldn't mind the bottleneck so much if raids actually dropped more of what we needed and less of the daily challenges gear. I started long ago to treat gear just like I do my zetas..hoard them and wait to use them on viable characters only. As long as I can finish in the top 20 of arena I never use gear or zetas. Once I am unable to remain competitive is usually when I start using up my resources I've farmed for months. Currently I have enough gear to max out Rex, R2 and a few others but with the constant addition of new characters I have become very reluctant to use up anything that I may need later once the meta changes. Until certain gear pieces and zetas become more easily and quickly farmable I will just continue to hoard for now.
  • Options
    The gear I have been getting for the most part from raids is simply not gear that I need. Gear is (and has been) a huge frustration point for me in this game. The flash events were supposed to help with some of this but in yesterday's events I received the bacta gel and a BLUE piece. Not once did I receive any of the gear I so desperately need.

My suggestion is to quit with the "chances of receiving" garbage - at the very least on these flash events. Either that or let US pick from choices of gear - again, at the very least for these flash events.

Don't even get me started on the drop rates for these salvage pieces (cuffs, carbantis, stun guns). I did four energy refreshes for stun guns one day and received a whopping total of 4 stun gun salvages for me efforts. It is absolutely ridiculous that we cannot select or know for a fact what piece we will receive. Especially when you guys drop stuff like this "level and gear under-performing ROI characters that nobody really wants in the first place" kind of stuff.
  • Options
    Again the answer to this gear bottleneck on ea/CG side are the flash events. Not going to stare a gift horse in the mouth buttttttt 15 or full needs to reappear a bit. Every 4th or 5th time. Or have Phoenix flash and farmer Luke type flash rotate. Full pieces and then 5. 15 pieces and re ups on gear on the 4th day etc.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Eh... Carbs will be Carbs. How else is GAT supposed to get big and strong?
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I don't need a Phoenix pack, or a fleet pack, or a mod pack. I just need a Carbanti pack, please:

https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/108/mk-3-carbanti-sensor-array/

(A stun cuff pack wouldn't hurt either.)

Just bundle 10 of these units up and sell them, save us the misery of waiting for them to show up in shipments.

Would be interesting to know how many are needed in totals: the swgoh page lists 128 toons, but many of them needs them multiple times for the same gear level, so we are probably around 8k carbantis needed to gear up everyone
  • Options
    I have 500 of them and I have already geared up Kenobi lol

I had 600 last week and I've also geared Kenobi. Then started working on a new squad and filling in some old holes. I have 15 now. And apparently need 550 for GAT. Ugg
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Kriesha wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    @Kriesha Where can you view those total numbers needed?

swgoh.gg, under gear. You can see how many times a certain piece is used, by which character, on which gear level. It also shows if the gear is used by another piece and how many times that piece is needed etc.
    eg: https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/108/mk-3-carbanti-sensor-array/

thanks. I never noticed the total amount before -_-

It doesn't work: it's not the total amount of times the piece is used, but only the number of chars using it based on gear level.
    If the same piece of gear is used multiple times at the same gear level it's only counted once in that page (consider for example r2 and mk 3 holoprojectors)