Thrawn event questions and lack of communication

My main questions:

How many time the event of thrawn will be.

How many members at 7 stars will require.

The lack of commnication:

1. Flash event final tier says it require 5 caracthers a 5 stars but when you get it you really need 6 members.

2. Why must we to see thrawn by a youtuber stream and can not see him with her abilities in this forum.

Replies

• Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I agree all the hype was on jedi luke coming out and push people to get farm luke ready for the new flash event. Then they do a 180 and and we need all of the pheonix team maxed up for thrawn. They are purposely giving limited time and details to get you to buy crystals and packs. Yoda and palpatine both only required a certain faction, each with a dozen different heros in each. But thrawn requires a specific set of 6 heros that have only been accessable to pay players to farm upto a week ago.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Legendary event. Runs once for 7 days. Will reappear in a few months (up to 6 month wait for "extremely rare") this event will require 5 5* to unlock and 5 7* to max.

It has been flagged as a bug but we are waiting to hear what they will do as the "fix"
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/115698/can-this-be-cleared-up#latest

They had the EA play event and this is a thing so they treaded us to game play exclusive videos. There will probably be an update pushed out tomorrow that will update the game to include thrawn so we can look at him and the timer with the event.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    That post is about the flash event for the pheonix team not about the thrawn event. And the thrawn event will require your pheonix heros to be 7 star to max out thrawn not just the 5 stars tor the flash event.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    That post is about the flash event for the pheonix team not about the thrawn event. And the thrawn event will require your pheonix heros to be 7 star to max out thrawn not just the 5 stars tor the flash event.
    that is exactly what kyno said.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ZhilAxfow
    58 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This post is about both flash event that is not well explained and thrawn event and communication.

So thanks to kyno for the information but still is sad to must to know news from members of the forum and not by the oficcial channels.

24h later they have not said where to see thrawn, we know by others members of the forum and that is really sad.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    ZhilAxfow wrote: »
    How many time the event of thrawn will be.
    It should last 7 days, starting 6/15.
    How many members at 7 stars will require.
    Any five.
    1. Flash event final tier says it require 5 caracthers a 5 stars but when you get it you really need 6 members.
    You only need 5, but it's bugged to make the only event toon you can borrow be chopper. They're working on a fix for it.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    24h later they have not said where to see thrawn, we know by others members of the forum and that is really sad.
    What are you talking about? The announcement of Thrawn was via a dev post here on the forum. It was announced in that post that it would be a Legendary event, just like Yoda, Palp, R2. It was announced on an official stream from EA Play that Thrawn's event would start on the 15th.

And those youtube streams were official. They're part of EA's Game Changers program and were given early access to Thrawn specifically to get the information out there... officially.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • ZhilAxfow
    58 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    all of them are official but not posted nothing here in the main forum of the game at least not the link or the stream of the youtuber with thrawn
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    I blame the person who leaked the game mode info on reddit for the lack of upfront information we've received this week. /shrug
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    Isn't the purpose of this forum to release official information to players? From the devs??

Why are they holding the information so close to their chest, yet enable some to get early info which can be leaked - which then has them be even more secretive??

Stop treating us like crap! Stop defending their crap!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    It's called a beta test. And not telling us about something that's not out yet is not treating us like ****.
    Stop acting entitled.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    It's not the job of beta testers to disseminate information.

Entitled??
    I'm not asking for the info. I'm saying the way they release it leaves a lot to be desired.
  • Dundadarr
    157 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Communicating through multiple mediums is fine but it shouldnt be too much to expect to have everything published or at worst linked to on the official forum.

More open communication would also benefit everyone ... and get rid of the advantage given to certain large guilds that regularly get future content leaked to them ahead of time and a headstart on preparation
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    You're confusing two things. The Thrawn kit information was released via their chose partners in the EA Game Changers program. Established youtubers who were given early access to the information so they could make it known. That's an official release of information.
    The new game mode information that they planned to release was leaked in part by one of their beta testers on reddit. This was definitely unauthorized. And it likely made them cancel their plans to talk about it at E3.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Just be aware we might need Sabine 5* (at least) since chopper doesn't count for the Thrawn event as well (even if it might be a bug, I doubt they fix it for the before august)
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    I may or may not be confusing two things.
    But that's no reason for the way they go about things.

They have an official forum.
    How about they release info on that, rather than give access to a select few who can up their YouTube viewers?
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Probably because more people will see the youtube videos than will visit these forums...

Honestly, all I'm hearing is "why can't they cater specifically to me!" which is why I said you were acting entitled. Why should you get to determine when and where they get to make their announcements?
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, you should get your ears checked AND learn to read.
    I already said I'm not asking for the info. I can still have an opinion on how badly they decide to share it.
    They can choose to do whatever they want, sure. Their pathetic attempts,or complete lack of, in some cases, to provide information can be criticised.
    It's a free world. And forum. And game.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Lately they using youtubers like mobilegamer and warrior to spread the word. Pretty smart because they spend the time and effort to make a video which is watched and spread by the thousands. It's win win for EA.Only thing it would be nice if those vids are shared on the forum here as well.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    They were shared on these forums. Heck, I posted them as they became available.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »

I really read all your messages and am your biggest fan... I mean official posts which are easy to find.
  • Options

That is fine by you to share information and i thanks to you and the members that share it.

But all what we want is that de developers share it by one of the three channels of update they have in the game or in case it is a beta make a post linking to the video and say hey boys take in mind that is only a beta.

I Dont think that is too much not?
  • Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Just be aware we might need Sabine 5* (at least) since chopper doesn't count for the Thrawn event as well (even if it might be a bug, I doubt they fix it for the before august)

What's your source for this? You can't (currently) use your Chopper in the final tier of the Phoenix flash event, but I haven't seen anything anywhere that indicates he can't be used in the Thrawn event.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

What's your source for this? You can't (currently) use your Chopper in the final tier of the Phoenix flash event, but I haven't seen anything anywhere that indicates he can't be used in the Thrawn event.

Exactly. And that's the problem with the lack of official communication and clarification. Sometimes people - even well-intentioned players - pick up and spread rumor and/or misinformation as actual fact. Then people have a fit when it's wrong.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The new game mode information that they planned to release was leaked in part by one of their beta testers on reddit. This was definitely unauthorized. And it likely made them cancel their plans to talk about it at E3.

This I don't get. Someone leaked some information so now they have to block everyone who didn't take advantage of those leaks from getting information that was planned to be released? This rewards leakers and those who follow them while at the same time punishing those who wait for official announcements. Totally backwards to how it should be.
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options

This I don't get. Someone leaked some information so now they have to block everyone who didn't take advantage of those leaks from getting information that was planned to be released? This rewards leakers and those who follow them while at the same time punishing those who wait for official announcements. Totally backwards to how it should be.

What this game badly needs is a community manager. The games is almost 2 y old and we still dont have a CM
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    SeeeD wrote: »

What this game badly needs is a community manager. The games is almost 2 y old and we still dont have a CM

to the best of my knowledge we actually have 2, ea jesse and cg kozispoon.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Exactly. And that's the problem with the lack of official communication and clarification. Sometimes people - even well-intentioned players - pick up and spread rumor and/or misinformation as actual fact. Then people have a fit when it's wrong.
    See, and here I thought that was actually the problem with rampant paranoia. It's been stated that a fix is being worked on; that should honestly be enough. If people are still having fits, then they're just being overly sensitive.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Leaks are bad and they hurt everyone. I understand that. For shame mr. anonymous reddit user, for shame. However I don't logically understand why that should delay or postpone any kind of official announcement of said content. If anything, you would think that it should expedite some official communication on the matter.

I mean, am I to understand that EA is trying to punish the community at large because of the poor ethics of one of it's users? Where is the logic behind the extended silence?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

See, and here I thought that was actually the problem with rampant paranoia. It's been stated that a fix is being worked on; that should honestly be enough. If people are still having fits, then they're just being overly sensitive.

Aaaannnd....the bug was "fixed". Lol. And by "fixed" I mean "they changed the description so it matched the bug, much to the disadvantage of mist players."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
This discussion has been closed.