Please get rid of Flash Events

Prev13
MoBlaq
582 posts Member
edited June 2017
This is the stoopidest thing in gaming. Please never us them and just have "EVENTS!" What a wonderful concept, right? Just straight forward events that you do when you get time.

Also, get rid of this nonsense of using a predetermined character otherwise "Event Character". This is also really stoopid. I do not want to use your unmodded character!

Replies

• nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Just got 5 mk5 furnaces from that event that would normally cost 250 shard credits for 3 and 600 guild currency for 2! I can't complain! I would get a full one but I refuse to waste anymore resources on that squad.
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    Just got 5 mk5 furnaces from that "stoopid (*ahem* ****) event that would normally cost 250 shard credits for 3 and 600 guild currency for free. I can't complain!

You must be mentally challenged because I never said anything bad about the event itself, my complaints are about how must time you have to complete it and the characters you have to use.
  • Options
    Let's see....
    No. Don't have enough time?
    Too bad. Players who do will benefit from this fact. That's how you reward the more "passionate" part of the community which spends more time on the game.
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    You mean the addicts right?
  • Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    This is the stoopidest thing in gaming. Please never us them and just have "EVENTS!" What a wonderful concept, right? Just straight forward events that you do when you get time.

Also, get rid of this nonsense of using a predetermined character otherwise "Event Character". This is also really stoopid. I do not want to use your unmodded character!

LOL did you even read your own post or are you bipolar? You said it was the stoopidest thing in the game. How is that not saying anything bad about it? Must be trolling
  • Options

Call them whatever you want. Too bad for you that you can't participate in the event because of schedule. You ain't the only one. People who want to play it, find the time. The rest miss the rewards.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's simple. They reward players who spend more time playing the game. However these rewards are not huge enough to create s serious gap between those who play and who don't.
  • Options
    Yea, it's free.
    So if you have any kind of life, you won't be able to snipe for those time windows. Free stuff but the restriction is "addicts only" most of the time.
    -
    Forcing event characters on us even if our characters are better is a pain. We're gearing up rosters - so we can use their weak event units?
    -
    Flash Events are also extremely intransparent. Like, which characters does it require for which tier? 4* characters - oh, you didn't need to gear them! 5x pheonix 5* - nah, Chopper doesn't count.
    They just vanish on days when they're not running, you can't even look at the rewards or reqs anymore.
    -
    Rewards are so random again. They always add at least one useless gear piece so you can fail every time. This time we didn't even get proper fixed rewards on the first 3 tiers. I got 3 random crap mods without a single speed stat while reddit and guildies post their superb mod drops.
  • Options
    Yea, it's free.
    So if you have any kind of life, you won't be able to snipe for those time windows. Free stuff but the restriction is "addicts only" most of the time.
    -
    Forcing event characters on us even if our characters are better is a pain. We're gearing up rosters - so we can use their weak event units?
    -
    Flash Events are also extremely intransparent. Like, which characters does it require for which tier? 4* characters - oh, you didn't need to gear them! 5x pheonix 5* - nah, Chopper doesn't count.
    They just vanish on days when they're not running, you can't even look at the rewards or reqs anymore.
    -
    Rewards are so random again. They always add at least one useless gear piece so you can fail every time. This time we didn't even get proper fixed rewards on the first 3 tiers. I got 3 random **** mods without a single speed stat while reddit and guildies post their superb mod drops.

I got junk the first time beating them. I got useful gear pieces though on replays.
  • Options
    The flash event takes 2 minutes to complete, work in a bathroom break (if you're working)
  • Options
    Keep in mind that one of the reasons Flash Events use many short windows instead of one long one is so that players can earn the rewards more often if they really dedicate themselves to it. It's a way for players to obtain much-needed gear pieces at a faster rate by simply playing more rather than spending more. I fail to see how that is a bad thing under any circumstance.

I do realize that there are some people out there who have responsibilities that prevent them from being able to participate in every opening and that the OP is probably one of them. If you have any suggestions for a better approach that would maintain the theme of playing more instead of spending more but without inconveniencing another group of players, please share them.
  • Hack
    53 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty simple solution to your anger. Do not participate if you don't like them.

I happen to enjoy and am grateful for the flash events. It's something different that gives us another reason to log on and play without being mandatory.
  • Options
    Just make these events like daily challenges, you get 5 attempts per day at your leisure during the 24 hours they run. Seems like a win win
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I love the Flash Events. Moar please.
  • Aglardae
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Let's see....
    Too bad. Players who do will benefit from this fact. That's how you reward the more "passionate" part of the community which spends more time on the game.

And how are we supposed to spend time on the game when we are working and our job doesn't allow us to take part in these flash events exactly? What does it have to do with being passionate about the game?
  • Isaah
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Dislike the flash events. Make like daily events. And the bug where I have 5 chars so event opens but one doesn't count is ****
  • Options
    nite0wl29 wrote: »
    LOL did you even read your own post or are you bipolar? You said it was the stoopidest thing in the game. How is that not saying anything bad about it? Must be trolling

#manicepisodes
  • Options
    Just make these events like daily challenges, you get 5 attempts per day at your leisure during the 24 hours they run. Seems like a win win

This.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Then what's the point? "Please make an event where I can use any character I want to get awesome rewards without having to be challenged and as convenient as possible in timing?"
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

That would make it better
  • Options
    Aglardae wrote: »
    Let's see....

And how are we supposed to spend time on the game when we are working and our job doesn't allow us to take part in these flash events exactly? What does it have to do with being passionate about the game?

You. Are. Not. How on Earth do I explain this in more simple terms? You either CAN or CAN NOT complete it. If you have the time you CAN. If you don't, you CAN'T. This way players who spend more time on the game can benefit more than the others. Some people spend their money, others spend their time. Just because someone happens to have the time to log in and play, it doesn't mean he is an addict sitting 24/7 playing the game. It literally takes less than 5 minutes to complete a tier and if you can't spend even that much time, then you simply, don't get the rewards.
  • Anton23
    143 posts Member
    Options
    Flash events are nice. And if these events will be like daily challenges it will be very great!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I missed a couple runs of the Luke event and one of the previous Phienix event. It's really not a big deal at all to miss these events. I got 5 mk6 power cells last time I did it. If you miss that payout you're going to live.

FOMO isn't real. You're going to be alright.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    Options
    I like the event. I missed this mornings because of work, but no big deal. I'll catch the next one. Raging doesn't help lol. Raging is "stoopid" lol
  • Options
    Man, this is stoopid.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Anton23 wrote: »
    Flash events are nice. And if these events will be like daily challenges it will be very great!

I totally agree
  • Options
    I like the flash events, I don't mind having to start focusing on certain characters for a little while if they have some sort of event use. Especially when said event they are needed for gives us decent rewards and even more so when they can get me an awesome character. Yay Thrawn!
  • Severious
    22 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Speaking as one, I missed the last event, so

1qruht.jpg
  • Options
    Mine appears at 3am and 8am so I have never done any flash event, don't really mind, kind if expect this **** after a while from EA
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options
    I like them.
    Also this time feels much better (aka less annoying) than the previous one with Luke Skywalker.
    I am an addict, but still missed one or two